Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 12th, 13th and 14th Region scrimmages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having withdraw symptoms... Any one know of some scrimmages?:please:
Nov. 9th....Estill County @ Pineville......Have no score....maybe someone can give us an update

Nov. 16th...Clinton County @ Estill County
The scrimmage between Pineville and Estill County, they played three periods of 20 minutes each....Estill won 2 periods and Pineville won 1.....final score was approximately 67-37 Estill...but Pineville was missing two players due to Cheer Leading Competition.
I just heard that clay and bville is tonight. I haven't had that confirmed though.
Think Bell Co and Somerset scrimmaged earlier in week.
I would have liked to have seen clay and bville. It's just a scrimmage but it may have answered some questions on both teams for this year. If anyone got to see it let us know what happened.
Posted twice...
Clay beat Barbourville 71 - 36. It was 47 - 16 at the half.
Wow! I'm impressed! Did anyone stand out for clay or any surprise players step up?
Robinson and Cotton had 17 each, Woods had 14, Mathis 9, Roberts 8, the 6th grade Mathis had 4, Phillips 2..
Barbourville scoring Erslan 15, Mills 13, Woolum 6, Hicks 2.
Those two are probably key for them... Robinson has been playing out of place and has been underrated the last couple of years. When and where does Clay scrimmage next? I would like to go and see them.
Lincoln beat Southwestern by 19 points today. Was not ever close. SW looked very unorganized and defense was horrible. Lincoln looked very good.
Basketball Guru Wrote:Lincoln beat Southwestern by 19 points today. Was not ever close. SW looked very unorganized and defense was horrible. Lincoln looked very good.

Lincoln is well coached.
I thought Lincoln county was alot faster and in better shape than SW. Licoln Co. shot the ball alot better than SW in this one.

However SW is tall. They will be alright as soon as they get comfortable with the new system. Also Molden will help out when she returns.

It should be a fun year for both these teams.
Didnt Woolum go to Clay to play a couple years back?
Does anyone know when and where Clays next scrimmage is? I really would like to see them. Any results from scrimmages this past weekend?
Clay plays Sat. Nov. 23rd in the Rick Bolus Scrimmages @ Bullitt East. They play Breckinridge County at 2:30.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Didnt Woolum go to Clay to play a couple years back?

Another kid that left Knox Central,I would like to know how any that have left since Coach Mills became coach.
BLT FAN Wrote:Clay plays Sat. Nov. 23rd in the Rick Bolus Scrimmages @ Bullitt East. They play Breckinridge County at 2:30.

Thanks, that's a little to far for me, but good luck! Any one have a scrimmage close by this weekend?
Letcher Central scrimmages Paintville and Magoffin County next week.
I heard earlier today that North Laurel had a scrimmage tonight... Anyone know how that turned out?
Check out the Basketball preview videos on WYMT main sports page. The latest two girls previews are for Clay Co. and Barbourville. Clay Co coach said they won't drop any in talent this year, even with the loss of Chesnut and Madden. Be real interesting to see if this comes true..... Barbourville thinks they can beat anybody! :pondering:
What is the review on Knott Central? I know they lost some key seniors. Do they have kids filling those spots? Will they compete for region?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Letcher Central scrimmages Paintville and Magoffin County next week.

Magoffin @ letcher on th 27th should be a good one
Willie Turnover Wrote:I thought Lincoln county was alot faster and in better shape than SW. Licoln Co. shot the ball alot better than SW in this one.

However SW is tall. They will be alright as soon as they get comfortable with the new system. Also Molden will help out when she returns.

It should be a fun year for both these teams.

Lincoln should probably be preaseason number 1 in the 12th region coming off their second straight region title and bringing a good team back. New coach at Southwestern has a lot of defensive work to do with his new team because they are use to playing a lazy zone and trying to just out score teams under the previous coaching stuff. Once they get the mindset of playing both ends of the floor and get their point guard (Molden) back, they should be strong contenders in the 12th region
Basketball Guru Wrote:Lincoln beat Southwestern by 19 points today. Was not ever close. SW looked very unorganized and defense was horrible. Lincoln looked very good.

To be fair, Coach Butcher has got a lot of work to do with this group on the defensive end because they have always played a weak zone. They may have been a bit unorganized but you they were playing their 1st scrimmage without their point guard that has been at that position for several years. If she can come back from her broken ankle by the first of the year and the defense get tougher (Coach Butcher is a defensive guy), then they will be tough at tourney time. Lincoln did look very good though. They are well coached.
I think what Clay's coach said was that it wouldn't drop as much as everyone thinks. There are big shoes to fill with Madden and Chesnut. They will have to rely on the guards picking up some of the scoring. Madden and Chesnut averaged 33 pts between them. Robinson and Woods had 31 in the scrimmage against Barbourville.
Has Whitley, Corbin, Bell or Harlan Co scrimmaged any?
fanantic Wrote:Lincoln should probably be preaseason number 1 in the 12th region coming off their second straight region title and bringing a good team back. New coach at Southwestern has a lot of defensive work to do with his new team because they are use to playing a lazy zone and trying to just out score teams under the previous coaching stuff. Once they get the mindset of playing both ends of the floor and get their point guard (Molden) back, they should be strong contenders in the 12th region

No way Lincoln should be preseason 1. Southwestern has the best player in the region and the most returnees. This is the group that was widely heralded to bring home the gold after a huge success at the middle school level. Southwestern has three bigs that are as good as any in the region. Guard play will be what gets them. Boyle, Wayne, Mercer and don't count out Casey will also be hard to handle. Lincoln is average at best.
KyBoy24 Wrote:Has Whitley, Corbin, Bell or Harlan Co scrimmaged any?

Harlan County beat Knox Central 71-40 and plays at Pineville on Monday.
Harlan plays at Knox Central on Friday.
Pages: 1 2