Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:You absolutely despise all of the Whitley assistant coaches. Why exactly?

I like the Whitley assistants and I hope they stay assistants.you just like trying to argue with everything I say. I'm sure glad you have nothing to do with the hiring process.you're not even a Whitley fan so worry about your orange jackets.
Cellking Wrote:Fact Robbie Lucas has been talked with, Fact he will interview this week. I don't think he is out the door in Somerset yet, but I know Robbie he would not waste Whitley's time and he would not waste his time. He's not crazy like some about the hype of his name being thrown around. His record will stand alone. Good Luck to both Whitley and Robbie.

I had no idea Lucas was looking to leave Somerset.
Wouldn't it be great if Robbie came down and Black stayed on as an assistant, those two together either one as head coach would be awesome.
Seems to me they are waiting too long. I know they are wanting to take there time, but they need to get a coach hired. I know a lot of assistants are helping with winter lifting and conditioning, but it needs to be in place before spring break so he can be there for spring practice. The quicker the better.
After all the time and effort that's took place in this search, it would be a real coup to get a coach like Lucas to leave Somerset for Whitley. Colonel's would come out smellin' like a rose if this happens.
walterwhite Wrote:After all the time and effort that's took place in this search, it would be a real coup to get a coach like Lucas to leave Somerset for Whitley. Colonel's would come out smellin' like a rose if this happens.

I wouldn't exactly call it effort but tons of time invested in waiting.
If you've ever been involved , (not just from a fans point of view), in a coaching search then, yes, the effort involved. Now you may know something that I don't, and maybe that's why it is taking so long to hire a coach at Whitley County.
I know that it takes 30 days after the position has been posted, and top three gets interviewed, and SBDM is suppose to make decision based on principle, athletic director, and superintendent recommendation. I know it doesn't happen like that but is is suppose to. How long has the position been open?
Long time to spring break. Big Al can take care of the weight room.
Lucas will be the next coach at WC Write it down. THIS WEEK
They will be so desperate after the DUD they laid, they will hire the first name that interviews.
Whitley will still get a solid coach. Who knows, they might come out better than any one imagined. We will see what the upcoming days bring. For the non-Whitley fans this has been very entertaining.
insideinfo Wrote:They will be so desperate after the DUD they laid, they will hire the first name that interviews.

:lame:
cougarpride08 Wrote:I know that it takes 30 days after the position has been posted, and top three gets interviewed, and SBDM is suppose to make decision based on principle, athletic director, and superintendent recommendation. I know it doesn't happen like that but is is suppose to. How long has the position been open?

Black resigned in November.
http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x8.../Black-out
I think Whitley not landing Hilton is a blessing in disguise. He is only a temporary coach. Whitley needs someone that will be there for a while and get them back to being a very respectable program. Just my opinion though. That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.
bear claw Wrote:I think Whitley not landing Hilton is a blessing in disguise. He is only a temporary coach. Whitley needs someone that will be there for a while and get them back to being a very respectable program. Just my opinion though. That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

Where can you get coffee for 50 cents?
Lucas was interviewed today in Williamsburg I know I was in close area. I do not know if there were any decisions made. I know that there are a couple posters out there who know more about this than me and are more informed and closer than me. They have kept quiet, come on guys let us know something.
topnotch Wrote:Lucas was interviewed today in Williamsburg I know I was in close area. I do not know if there were any decisions made. I know that there are a couple posters out there who know more about this than me and are more informed and closer than me. They have kept quiet, come on guys let us know something.

it's a secret Confusednicker::truestory:
topnotch Wrote:Lucas was interviewed today in Williamsburg I know I was in close area. I do not know if there were any decisions made. I know that there are a couple posters out there who know more about this than me and are more informed and closer than me. They have kept quiet, come on guys let us know something.

Looking at houses too I bet:lmao:
You guys had better produce something spectacular or there is going to be 1500 posters LTAO. Confusednicker:
Well my niche said it was an inside job....I need a new friend if he was wrong.....Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:Well my niche said it was an inside job....I need a new friend if he was wrong.....Confusederiously:

your niche? :gtfo:
pjdoug Wrote:your niche? :gtfo:

My niche may know you your niche ....I'm leaving town..:bike::bike::bike::bike:
I have know ideal if lucas has been interview or not..But if he has been interview you hire him before he walks out the door...:truestory:
cougarpride08 Wrote:I know that it takes 30 days after the position has been posted, and top three gets interviewed, and SBDM is suppose to make decision based on principle, athletic director, and superintendent recommendation. I know it doesn't happen like that but is is suppose to. How long has the position been open?

Its actually ILLEGAL under KERA for the superintendant to have input on hiring. Only firing.

Somerset is having reciprocal problems with the Pulaski Co. school system and may start losing kids because of that, so now may be a good time to abandon ship.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Its actually ILLEGAL under KERA for the superintendant to have input on hiring. Only firing.

Tell that to our last Superintendent. She had the say from day one, and the SBDM was just a cover up to make it look like it was done legal. Hilliard Howard, and the past three coaches where all her idea. Raymond Justice getting the boot in basketball and not give a reason why was her idea. Hiring Robert Hammonds was her idea. Why do you think she is gone now.
Well it Could have been, or it should have been or It's done this way or that. Bottom Line. Coaching position don't have to be posted, certified position do and Sight Base does hire those. Any Super that is worth DANG can get Sight Base to do what he wants.
That I agree with king
64SUR Wrote:I have know ideal if lucas has been interview or not..But if he has been interview you hire him before he walks out the door...:truestory:

I wouldn't be disappointed by that :Thumbs: