Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prayers for Derek Akal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last night in our game against Lincoln County, Derek Akal was injured in one of the numerous defensive plays with which he was involved. Personally, I saw NO cheap shot, nothing amiss from Lincoln County players; I want to make sure that no one misinterprets my intention here. When the mass of football players started to get up and walk back to the huddle, Derek didn't move. He just laid there for a long long time. Eventually, he did stand briefly, but was ultimately carried from the field on a back board and stretcher. He was soon air lifted from Harlan's ARH to UK hospital with suspicion of a neck injury. It has been confirmed that Derek as two cervical vertebrae fractures, and is currently awaiting a surgical consult.

This kid is amazing both in his talent and his attitude. The entire time that he was being taken from the field, Akal gave all of us a big "THUMBS UP".

Black Bear Nations mourns his injury and is praying fervently for his complete recovery.

Please add him to your prayer list.

[Image: 1467430_596305830405930_2022670268_n.jpg]
On it and praying for ideal outcomes and a complete recovery. Gods power, protection, and love enfold you Derek, in Jesus' name!

:Thumbs:
Prayers for Derek from Williamsburg nations
Prayer's from eagle nation ,,
Prayers for this young man and his family from Belfry.
Prayers from LOG MOUNTAIN and the BOBCAT NATION:Thumbs:
Prayers from Laker Nation!
Heard no surgery required. Thank God! Please continue to pray for his recovery.
Yeah, I just got a call from Black Bear Mama...Akal will be braced and re-evaluated in 8 to 10 weeks to check the degree of healing. Considering the injury, that's pretty good news to me!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Yeah, I just got a call from Black Bear Mama...Akal will be braced and re-evaluated in 8 to 10 weeks to check the degree of healing. Considering the injury, that's pretty good news to me!!

Amen...prayers for the great physician to do his work and get Derek back on a good foot, sooner rather than later. Prayers for understanding & growth while Derek becomes a leader on the sideline.

Thank you for the update Granny!

I will add him to my list. I hope the community rally's behind the family.
^^
Trust me when I tell you the community is all about supporting their kids!!

He may still require surgery later, but what amazes and tickles me to death is the fact that he had no nerve injury!!
I could say many great things about this fine young man. Derek is a GREAT person. He has a great attitude and takes his school work seriously. Derek loves football and has become a great leader to the Black Bear team. There is one thing though that puts him in a different category. Derek attends Church on Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night. Not to many kids do that now a days. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying it doesn't happen but kids just seem to have other things they want to do. Derek, good luck brother, stay strong and the Lord will take good care of you.
Prayers for Derek
Don't forget Gary Helton as well. He was injured last week an tore his knee up pretty good. Love you little G! Get well soon! Everyone should also pray for this young mans recovery!
I hope this young man comes out of this with no lasting trouble.
Seems like a great young man! Hope he has a speedy recovery! Praying for him!
Prayers from panther nation for Derek
Thoughts and prayers going up from Bell Co.
Prayers from this Belfry fan. I've said it once on here and I will say it again. This is one reason I love living in the mountains. It does not matter who your team or my team is when a young man or woman gets hurt we are all one big family. Please keep us updated on this young man and as I have already said I will be praying for him and his family now and for his recovery. God bless you all!!
Prayers going up from Hazard.
Prayers from the Redhound community. Get well young fella.
This whole thread has brought tears to my eyes and I thank you all for your prayers. We all carry on and challenge each other on bluegrassrivals but when it comes to something like this, you see prayers from all over this region. We mountain people certainly do stand by each other and I love that. I think for the injury Derek has, he got the best news possible and he is such a fine young Christian man, I thank God for that news and I thank God for such good people praying for him. May God Bless you all..
Derek is truly a wonderful kid, always has a big genuine smile on his face and is always kind and respectful to everyone. Derek plays football with reckless abandon and a tremendous amount of heart, he is probably the biggest hitter on the HC team and his presence on the field will be missed greatly.
Our family was broken hearted to hear of the severity of the injury, we are very happy to hear that things are looking much better for this fine young man. We love you Derek!
Black Bear Mama Wrote:This whole thread has brought tears to my eyes and I thank you all for your prayers. We all carry on and challenge each other on bluegrassrivals but when it comes to something like this, you see prayers from all over this region. We mountain people certainly do stand by each other and I love that. I think for the injury Derek has, he got the best news possible and he is such a fine young Christian man, I thank God for that news and I thank God for such good people praying for him. May God Bless you all..

Beautifully said Black Bear Mama with just one tweak, " We Kentuckians stand by one another in a time like this. "

Have a great rest of the weekend, Derek will be good as new before you know it! Prayers will continue from NKY...

Look over spirit100 BlackBearMama....he's a a yankee!!
Wink
Praying for him.
Prayers coming from Johnson County!
Prayers from Letcher Co. Lord please touch this young man, family, football team, and community. Heal him, and lift their spirits up and Amen!
Prayers to Derek and Gary. May God reach down his healing hands and touch you both.
LORD, we thank you for this young man . We are so grateful that this injury was not worse than it could have been. We pray that you wrap your arms around him and his family, his coaches and his teammates at this time and wish him a complete and very speedy recovery. AMEN
Pages: 1 2