Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dixie Heights 49 Seneca 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dixie clips the Redhawks wings from the word go!

Seneca answered the Colonels first score with one of their own and then Dixie never looked back. Running clock for most of the second half. Thoughts and prayers to the Seneca player who was removed from the field via ambulance and was strapped to a board.

Well NKY you folks are in for a treat next week when Dixie and SK rematch in the region semi-final.

Congrats to the Colonels on the win :Thumbs:.
Congrats to the Colonels I'll take 3/5 NkY 6a victories in the 1st round.

Did Seneca have many people there?
Butler had maybe 100 fans tops compared to Ryle's 100+
Very sad, Seneca may have had a 100. I'd venture to say Dixie had 4X as many. The supposed Div I defensive ends were a non-factor. Dixie could have drove the charter buses through most of the holes created by the offensive line tonight.
Spirit100 Wrote:Very sad, Seneca may have had a 100. I'd venture to say Dixie had 4X as many. The supposed Div I defensive ends were a non-factor. Dixie could have drove the charter buses through most of the holes created by the offensive line tonight.

I didnt see a D1 DE tonight.
Congrats to Dixie
Congratulations Colonels! Wasn't too far off on the 35-7 final.
Dixie Heights 49, Seneca 6

Dixie Heights got off to an early lead in the first quarter on Seneca and never looked back. Senior running back Darion Washington had 15 carries for 207 yards and three touchdowns.

“Coming down here playing an atheltic team, it was important to us to get out to an early lead,” Dixie Heights head coach Dave Brossart said. “Our offensive line played really well. We had 172 rushing yards in the first quarter and rushed the ball well the whole game.”

Junior defensive back Ethan Harrison led the Dixie Heights defense with two interceptions. The defensive prevented big plays by Seneca which was a key to the game Brossart said. Dixie Heights advances to play Simon Kenton in the Class 6A state tournament. Time of the game is still to be determined.

Dixie Heights 21 14 7 7 — 49
Seneca 6 0 0 0 — 6

D-Washington 30 run (Schulpe kick)

S-6 run (kick failed)

D-Washington 72 run (Schulpe kick)

D-Caple 3 run (Schulpe kick)

D-Caple 1 run (Schulpe kick)

D-Washington 5 run (Schulpe kick)

D-Zajac 2 run (Schulpe kick)

D-Hedger 20 pass from Moore (Schulpe kick)

:Thumbs:
Great job Colonels!! Congratulations on your impressive win!!

Will keep the injured player in my thoughts and prayers. Wayyyyy too many injuries this season!
Spirit100 Wrote:Very sad, Seneca may have had a 100. I'd venture to say Dixie had 4X as many. The supposed Div I defensive ends were a non-factor. Dixie could have drove the charter buses through most of the holes created by the offensive line tonight.

That's what is sad about a lot of Louisville teams. There are some teams with a lot of talent and kids that work hard every day but hardly anyone shows up to support them. Last year, Collins played the regional final at Western and there were hardly any Western fans there at all.