Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Wayne County 11/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Corbin needs to not outsmart themselves like they did in the 2nd half against Wayne County. Once they elected to drop back into a "pass" defense, Wayne was able to exploit them. In the first half, Wayne could not handle the Corbin pressure as it had them out of sorts. Sure, you may give up a big play here or there but go with what gets you there. Don't coddle teams when you match up with them talent wise, seemingly having an advantage up front, and can be successful doing your thing.
Hound have been in the spotlight before they know how to win, Wayne hasn't been there yet. I take Corbin in a close game. No substitute for experience and it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same year.
You must be talking about coaching staff. Players on this team have the same playoff experience Wayne's do.

Corbin moved ball efficiently in first half and then went away from it. I hope Card defense can adjusted that running attack.
If Waddle doesn't play, Wayne by 20. If Waddle plays, Wayne by 14.
Corbin wanted this rematch and now they've got it. Game 1 Corbin matched wayne score for score untill the finale 6 mins then the wheels fell off. Don't look for that to happen this time though. With waddle being injured it will make hard on the redhound defense most of all. On the offensive side of the ball Corbin will ok. Going to be a close game but with waddle not at 100% I have to give the edge to wayne.
WC 29
Corbin 28
Wayne scores a two conv to win!!
I think Wayne will show just how good they are this week. Corbin will have a tough time moving the football!!
Wayne county 28 Corbin 14
Corbin must overcome three hurdles to win this game:
1. Poor coaching and play calling. The coaches need to stay positive and mix up the offense.
2. Wayne's pass offense. Guffey looked great last game and a repeat effort will be hard to overcome.
3. The loss of Taylor Waddle. If he does not play, the offense gets one dimensional and the defense is prone to giving up big plays.

I am predicting one of two things:
1. Corbin wins in a very close battle.
2. Wayne wins big by 3 TDs with Willard Farris running the same play 30 times.

Go Hounds!!
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Hound have been in the spotlight before they know how to win, Wayne hasn't been there yet. I take Corbin in a close game. No substitute for experience and it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same year.

This group of Hounds hasn't been in the spot light at all...they've won 4 playoff games in the last 3 years with 3 of those wins coming all the way back when these seniors were freshmen...they've won one playoff game in the last two seasons.

Wayne doesn't have much experience in the spotlight either, but ever since the Central game last season they have been front and center in the spotlight.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wayne is way overrated.

55 Being from Mayfield you should know all about being overated..
No coach wants to underestimate their importance but 3 TDs may be a little much. Plus I imagine the cards and their adjustments will have something to do with the game also not just what Corbin's coaches do or don't do.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Corbin wins, its going to be crow time for Mr. Dillon.

Mr Dillon will be serving up more of what he did after the last game......:devilflam
^
Its possible.
I dont expect to see you if Corbin wins though.

oldhound70s Wrote:Corbin must overcome three hurdles to win this game:

1. Poor coaching and play calling. The coaches need to stay positive and mix up the offense.

2. Wayne's pass offense. Guffey looked great last game and a repeat effort will be hard to overcome.

3. The loss of Taylor Waddle. If he does not play, the offense gets one dimensional and the defense is prone to giving up big plays.

I am predicting one of two things:

1. Corbin wins in a very close battle.

2. Wayne wins big by 3 TDs with Willard Farris running the same play 30 times.

Go Hounds!!

Wayne Co. will be very difficult to beat if Corbin is at full strength, without Waddle playing in the secondary, it could get ugly. They better get to Guffey early and often or he will light up the scoreboard.
Wayne County with a round two knockout.they are not overrated
Cardfan1 Wrote:Cards have a tough road for sure. Corbin has always been a district powerhouse. Rise to the occasion, ROLL CARDS!

Since when ? Not in this District they haven't been. When was the last time they won any district title ?

Also Corbin struggled with a very poor Henry Co team I just don't understand why you think you can go beat Wayne. They had a fluke game the last time they played corbin. Wayne had come off an emotional high of the stomping they put on Bell and didn't play well ......

Wayne by 21 regardless of Waddle Kid playing or not.

Does anyone know if he's playing or not
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin needs to not outsmart themselves like they did in the 2nd half against Wayne County. Once they elected to drop back into a "pass" defense, Wayne was able to exploit them. In the first half, Wayne could not handle the Corbin pressure as it had them out of sorts. Sure, you may give up a big play here or there but go with what gets you there. Don't coddle teams when you match up with them talent wise, seemingly having an advantage up front, and can be successful doing your thing.

You do realize that Wayne scored more points in the first half than the second right?
Corbin wins this game. Their Defense is too good!
Cardfan1 Wrote:You must be talking about coaching staff. Players on this team have the same playoff experience Wayne's do.

Corbin moved ball efficiently in first half and then went away from it. I hope Card defense can adjusted that running attack.

I have a bad feeling that Wayne Co. will adjust to what other teams are doing. I hope that Corbin is not too stubborn to adjust as well.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I have a bad feeling that Wayne Co. will adjust to what other teams are doing. I hope that Corbin is not too stubborn to adjust as well.

Corbin want adjust,Wayne will not pooch kick this time around :rockon: Corbin beat Wayne :Cheerlead
Here's my question: If Waddle were not 100 percent or not desperately needed in a game Corbin won 24-10, why was he playing where the risk/reward ratio was stacked against both him and the team. Why not give him another week to recover and lessen the risk of aggravating the injury?
Wayne is strong but Corbin played them tough and I dont see any change since September very good game, I take Corbin in a small upset 27-23.
henry led most of the game.
Objective Wrote:Since when ? Not in this District they haven't been. When was the last time they won any district title ?

Also Corbin struggled with a very poor Henry Co team I just don't understand why you think you can go beat Wayne. They had a fluke game the last time they played corbin. Wayne had come off an emotional high of the stomping they put on Bell and didn't play well ......

Wayne by 21 regardless of Waddle Kid playing or not.

Does anyone know if he's playing or not

You boys are crazy!!! Wayne cannot beat Corbin by 21 with or without waddle. Offensively Wayne could not stop Corbin's run game and Waddle didn't do much on that side of the ball. It will hurt us on the defensive side of the ball but I expect him to be available Friday!! A fluke game?? Guffey had the game of his life against a good defensive team he will have to duplicate that performance for Wayne to win. Corbin boys want this one you can bet your ass Corbin gives 110% Friday night. Sure would be nice to see them bell co boys again too!! I guarantee Wayne didn't want to see Corbin again this year!!!! If you want to see highschool football at its best head over to Wayne county Friday night and see two heavyweights collide it's like Ali vs Frazier the rumble in the jungle!! Two very talanted teams!!!

GO BIG RED!!!
IMO... it will be another great game. Should be the Friday Night Game of the Week!
No prediction because I think this one will come down to who makes the least mistakes
and wants it the most.....
What happened to Waddle?
Cardfan1 Wrote:henry led most of the game.

It did take Corbin a while to get started in this game, but the defense rose up in the second half and only allowed 9 total yards in the half and 130 total for the game. Henry Co. was a big, physical team and they loaded up the box just like Bell and Knox Central did defensively against Corbin. Corbin's depth finally wore them down in the second half and they were able to get the running game going.

I would like Corbin's chances if Wayne Co. didn't have a good passing game........but they do.
Even if waddle is back Wayne's defense will hurt him they are too physical not to!
Go Big Red! Wrote:You boys are crazy!!! Wayne cannot beat Corbin by 21 with or without waddle. Offensively Wayne could not stop Corbin's run game and Waddle didn't do much on that side of the ball. It will hurt us on the defensive side of the ball but I expect him to be available Friday!! A fluke game?? Guffey had the game of his life against a good defensive team he will have to duplicate that performance for Wayne to win. Corbin boys want this one you can bet your ass Corbin gives 110% Friday night. Sure would be nice to see them bell co boys again too!! I guarantee Wayne didn't want to see Corbin again this year!!!! If you want to see highschool football at its best head over to Wayne county Friday night and see two heavyweights collide it's like Ali vs Frazier the rumble in the jungle!! Two very talanted teams!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

You dont think Wayne wants it too......I understand they played close the last time but that was the last time. Guffy had an normal game it was the defense the was bad and it wont happen this game. Corbin will be lucky to score after Wayne has probably watched the Bell/Corbin game 20 times and game planned. This time Wayne will not under estimate Corbin and will dog stomp them 21+ points but, it's been a good season for Corbin who could ask for any thing more than a 3 place finish in the district and a playoff win
Guffey's game against Corbin mirrors his numbers for the year. The first game was not an aberration. Hounds can expect more of the same from Guffey.
Pages: 1 2 3 4