Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Co. 47 Whitley Co. 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pulaski County improves to 11-0 and tie the record for the most wins in school history!!

Congrats Maroons!
Congrats to Maroons.
Score was 47-6 in 4th qtr. PC babies gave up a safety & 2 TD late. Whitley had the ball all but 6 mins of 1st half, but trailed 33-6 at half. PC put it away quickly in 3rd qtr. Big win for the Maroons, more importantly, no injuries!
Team Stats:

Whitley County: 13 1st Downs
50 carries
168 yards
4/10 on passes
20 yards
188 total yards

Pulaski County: 13 1st Downs
21 carries
208 yards
9/16 on passes
165 yards
373 total yards
7-6 game at the end of the first qtr.
Whitley just failed to get the numbers out this year.

Good news is the Colonels have a lot of really good young talent. Almost all of these guys will be back next year, including the entire backfield, and hopefully the correct changes will be made in order to get kids out and play.
Individual Stats:

Pulaski County: Aaron Smith: 6 carries, 58 yards, 2 TDs, 2 receptions, 67 yards, 2 TDs

Caleb Cox: 7 carries, 131 yards, 1 TD

Riley Hall: 3 carries, 53 yards, 9/16 passing, 165 yards, 4 TDs

George Gregory: 2 receptions, 25 yards, 2 TDs

Jake Johnson: 3 receptions, 42 yards

Jessie Whitaker: 1 reception, 32 yards

I apologize but, I did not keep the individual stats for Whitley County. Sorry RIUTG!
^
The score was enough Confusednicker:
I didn't do this in the regular season but, I am going to try and do this for every playoff game.

Scoring Plays:

1st Quarter:

5:45(PC) Riley Hall to George Gregory for 22 yards. PAT good. Pulaski 7-0

0:51(WC) Zack Mills 3 yard run. PAT no good. Pulaski 7-6

2nd Quarter:

8:29(PC) Caleb Cox 69 yard run. PAT good. Pulaski 14-6

6:37(PC) Riley Hall to George Gregory for 3 yards. PAT no good. Pulaski 20-6

3:57(PC) Riley Hall to Aaron Smith for 22 yards. PAT good. Pulaski 27-6

0:43(PC) Aaron Smith 9 yard run. PAT no good. Pulaski 33-6

3rd Quarter:

9:40(PC) Aaron Smith 32 yard run. PAT good. Pulaski 40-6

7:29(PC) Riley Hall to Aaron Smith for 45 yards. PAT good. Pulaski 47-6

Running Clock from this point on. Johnny Hines takes all starters out and puts the babies in on offense and defense.

4th Quarter:

8:51(WC) Safety after sack in the end zone. Pulaski 47-8

3:33(WC) Jacob Paul 4 yard run. PAT good. Pulaski 47-15

0:25(WC) James Jones fumble recovery in end zone. PAT good. Pulaski 47-22
Gut do you work for Whitley county because you know a lot I mean a lot about those colonels. You sound like the guy from the radio.
Pc played pretty well. Probably could of scored more. Wc Wc is a down fball team.
Why score more? Got it to running clock in 3rd QTVR and coach Hines pulled all of his starters. It's not about putting up 70 on an inferior team, it's about winning with class and keeping players healthy. Exactly what Hines did.
Really good bunch returning for the Colonels and will most likely see a new man at the wheel.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Why score more? Got it to running clock in 3rd QTVR and coach Hines pulled all of his starters. It's not about putting up 70 on an inferior team, it's about winning with class and keeping players healthy. Exactly what Hines did.

I never said should of. I said could have, meaning the game was never in question. Don't put words in my mouth.
why brag about putting babies in? Pulaski was mostly playing against Whitley's freshmen team
pjdoug Wrote:why brag about putting babies in? Pulaski was mostly playing against Whitley's freshmen team

The majority of Pulaski's contributors are babies. I wouldn't necessarily call it bragging. This isn't Pulaski's year (but I hope I'm wrong). That's the sad part for the rest of 5A. The best years are the years to come.
Not sure Whitley has much going for them in the near future.