Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky @ Jacksonville St 11/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RICHMOND, Ky. – The Eastern Kentucky University football team passed a big test last week against Tennessee State, but faces another tough challenge this Saturday at Jacksonville State. Game time is set for 4 p.m. ET.

Saturday's game can be seen for FREE on the OVC Digital Network.

Eastern Kentucky (6-3, 4-1 OVC) is now riding a four-game winning streak and has put itself back into FCS playoff contention. However, that could all change this weekend in Alabama. Jacksonville State (7-2, 3-2) still has plans to crash the playoff party as well thanks to coming out on top in two straight road games.

The Colonel defense has responded in emphatic fashion since giving up 42 points at Eastern Illinois on Sept. 28. EKU has held each of its last four opponents to 10 points or less, including a shutout over Tennessee State one week ago. Eastern's defense leads the OVC in rushing yards allowed (99.4) and ranks second in scoring defense (20.8 points per game).

On offense, junior quarterback Jared McClain is coming off a stellar game where he threw three touchdown passes and ran for a team-high 73 yards versus Tennessee State.

Jacksonville State is under new leadership at head coach and quarterback. Bill Clark is in his first year as head coach after serving the last five years as defensive coordinator at South Alabama. The Gamecocks have used three quarterbacks this season, including Minnesota transfer Max Shortell, who leads the squad in passing yards (1,147) and touchdowns (four).

JSU averages more than 200 yards per game on the ground and feature the league's third leading rusher in DaMarcus James. James scored five touchdowns last week in the 42-10 win at Austin Peay. Meanwhile, the Gamecocks' defense has allowed an OVC-low 22 touchdowns this season.

Eastern has won three straight in this series while averaging 50.7 points per game in that stretch.

Following this game, the Colonels conclude their home schedule with an OVC match-up against UT Martin on Saturday, Nov. 16.

http://www.ekusports.com
Who you got?
EKU matches up well with JSU. The Gamecocks are going to run the football and the Colonels defense has really been tough against the run the last 4 weeks. The Colonels have to have this one to have a shot at a playoff spot. I think they'll pull this one out 35-20. Unfortunately due to having to be in West Virginia with work I'll have to watch this one online.
Walt Longmire Wrote:EKU matches up well with JSU. The Gamecocks are going to run the football and the Colonels defense has really been tough against the run the last 4 weeks. The Colonels have to have this one to have a shot at a playoff spot. I think they'll pull this one out 35-20. Unfortunately due to having to be in West Virginia with work I'll have to watch this one online.

What's the link to watch online?
Jarons Wrote:What's the link to watch online?

It's on the OVC Digital Network at this link:

http://ovcdigitalnetwork.com/showcase/?Live=1058