Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central vs Knott Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's everyone's thoughts this upcoming season? I really like Perry's team this year. I believe they have more depth than Knott this year.Just see Knott struggling somewhat this year with 3 great players against Perry's depth.What's everyone's breakdown on this match up?
Perry has added a couple players this year that will help tremendously. In addition, as far as I understand, they have the same roster as last year. Knott has lost many underclassmen plus added one transfer. I think Knott will struggle with Perry and Cordia and possibly Hazard. Justice and Hall will perform well. In addition, I think Christon will do well. After that, they are very limited. In today's game, your better be able to go at least 7 to 8 deep and not lose much talent. Perry's transfers along with Beverly, Johnson, Stacy, and Fugate will provide them more depth and size. Should be interesting.
Nothing has really changed. KCC is still the same team with the addition of another 3pt. shooter which will take some pressure off Justice. Look for KCC to be better than ever, they have not been very deep for years. These guys play very well together and are much tougher than PCC, they proved that in the regional finals.
You have to be kidding me... SMH!!! Knott has zero bench, lost key seniors, and is mediocre at best with their transfer. You will see a much better PCC team this year than last.

[Image: 4ijgo.gif]
A little early for this thread. How about you wait till they are about to play for this one. No one has even seen either team play yet in a actual game.
Don't see how a kid that averaged 15 a game and shot 50% from 3 is mediocre. But if you say so.

Mix1...
I think you have to give it to Knott right now.

Perry was as good as them last year... maybe better.

Knott got them in the end and that's what everyone remembers, but Perry beat them twice earlier in the year and until things got nuts in garbage time they were up big in both games.

However, Perry lost the most out of the two teams. Dalton Cornett did a lot for the Dores. Throw in a new coach and I think that Knott has the edge until they play.
Mix1 Wrote:Don't see how a kid that averaged 15 a game and shot 50% from 3 is mediocre. But if you say so.

Mix1...

It's called 14th Region basketball.... I hope the kid proves me wrong. Soon we will know.
So you think the Sammons kid for Knott can average 50% from 3 in the 14th region this year? If he can,that would be astounding.How's his ball handling ability or has anyone had an opportunity to see him?That will be key because Justice will see alot of junk defenses which he's used to. Hope he has some great running mates at the other guard position or Knott could struggle with turnovers.That's an honest evaluation.
On paper PCC lost about 22pts and 3 starters, KCC lost about 12pts and 1 starter and 2 reserves. As far as I know PCC has picked up 2 new players that are unknown as high school players. KCC picked up 1 player that averaged 16pts as a high school player. After the first 5 or 6 both teams will have a bench full of player's that are unproven in varsity games. PCC has a new coach with very little varsity coaching experience. KCC coach has been to the region finals the last three years with back to back region titles. KCC won by 20pts the last time they played. As of right now advantage KCC.
KCC is still the champs until proven otherwise.The transfer is a great shooter if uncontested and he isn't a great ball handler from watching him over the weekend.Could be a liability on defense if we play alot of man to man.Don't get me wrong,the transfer can shoot the lights out but I guess we'll see.Other than that,the Patriots are going to be fun to watch.They looked better at Patriot madness than last year but I don't know what Perry has yet,so we'll see.One note,Evan Hall is more polished than last year.I know,it was just a scrimmage but he still looked really good.
[Image: 0.jpg]I'm still waiting for an answer to the above post.If Sammons can shoot like that in this region against solid defensive players,hats off to him.I still think if you believe that you remind me of my buddy Dukes and you are smoking way too much stuff.
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:So you think the Sammons kid for Knott can average 50% from 3 in the 14th region this year? If he can,that would be astounding.How's his ball handling ability or has anyone had an opportunity to see him?That will be key because Justice will see alot of junk defenses which he's used to. Hope he has some great running mates at the other guard position or Knott could struggle with turnovers.That's an honest evaluation.

Did you watch the regional championship last year? All 5 players for KCC were able to handle the ball against PCC pressure. Even the TV announcers were talking about KCC's ball handling ability at every position.
Yes,watched it and made the trip.Last year's point guard for Knott graduated and he stepped up big all year long.The emphasis is,who is going to run point.Zach Davis ,the year before, and last year's pg played huge roles and came through for Knott.So you're telling me that the three remaining players can handle the ball good enough to run the offense if Justice is double teamed or in foul trouble.Just don't see it.I'll give you that the Christan kid can handle it but if you are expecting the others to,it could be a long night.
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:Yes,watched it and made the trip.Last year's point guard for Knott graduated and he stepped up big all year long.The emphasis is,who is going to run point.Zach Davis ,the year before, and last year's pg played huge roles and came through for Knott.So you're telling me that the three remaining players can handle the ball good enough to run the offense if Justice is double teamed or in foul trouble.Just don't see it.I'll give you that the Christan kid can handle it but if you are expecting the others to,it could be a long night.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you! Remember this thread is about PCC vs KCC!!! Not KCC vs Ballard!!!
No one has mentioned Cordia in this conversation. Continue reading before you go off that the thread is about KCC/PC. Last year both KCC losses were on Perry's floor, the region was played after Cordia wore their tails out the night before. Cordia+on another court+Knott's experience in the finals was too much for PCC.

This year the situation will be reversed. The regular season game will be at Knott and the regional tournament at PCC. Question marks this year, can Perry beat Hazard if they play first in the district. Second question is, how many players are going to be ruled eligible at Cordia? What happens if once again PCC has to play a better Cordia team than last year? And what if Al Hollon simply sneaks up on everyone with the deepest team in the 14th region.

My predictions are: Knott beats PC in Hindman. The regionals will be great to watch because of all the great teams and players. I have to pick KCC to win it again because they proved me wrong last year in the regionals. It's hard to beat experience and talent. Fans will be coming from all over the state to watch the 14th Region.
The Regional at Perry how many times has Knott beat Perry at Perry lately? and why worrie about Knott Cordia is the team everyone should be worried about, If Perry can get away from Hazard at Hazard. They be the team to beat at Home in the Regional. It dont matter what happens in the regular season. But the New Kid at Perry is a Freshman and playes like a Senior and Jumpes like Paige did.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you! Remember this thread is about PCC vs KCC!!! Not KCC vs Ballard!!!

:lame: I completely understand this thread. PCC will beat Knott this year in the regular season and any other meeting they have. I think it is great to show passion for the school you support, but it is time to get real.....

Here is a question for you. Which is deeper, Troublesome Creek during a drought or Knott's bench?

:welcome:
Lol,, some of yall are just right down hilarious. And yes is my answer.

Mix1...
The Weatherman Wrote::lame: I completely understand this thread. PCC will beat Knott this year in the regular season and any other meeting they have. I think it is great to show passion for the school you support, but it is time to get real.....

Here is a question for you. Which is deeper, Troublesome Creek during a drought or Knott's bench?

PCC and KCC better enjoy the regular season because Cordia is going all the way Rupp.
The Weatherman Wrote::lame: I completely understand this thread. PCC will beat Knott this year in the regular season and any other meeting they have. I think it is great to show passion for the school you support, but it is time to get real.....

You have no idea what team or teams I support!!! Everything I posted in this thread are facts, you can call that lame if you want. This is a classic case of name calling and using cliche's because you can't argue with my facts.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You have no idea what team or teams I support!!! Everything I posted in this thread are facts, you can call that lame if you want. This is a classic case of name calling and using cliche's because you can't argue with my facts.

Well it's no secret that you hate Perry County Schools and everything that goes with it.

However, I can't argue that any of your basketball statements aren't logical in this thread.
I don't see how anyone can say either one of these teams is hands down better than the other.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well it's no secret that you hate Perry County Schools and everything that goes with it.
However, I can't argue that any of your basketball statements aren't logical in this thread.

Not true anymore Zaga, I really like Coach Haddix he is doing a fantastic job with the football team! Now I don't actually cheer for him but I do respect him! My beef was mainly with jpa & punkin!
Okie dokie.I guess we'll wait and see what happens when they play.Knott is a very talented team and not taking anything away from them in that aspect.They are the 14th region champs for a reason and I personally think that they will struggle against teams with speed and alot of depth.Hazard and Cordia will give Knott fits.This thread is about KCC vs PCC and I think Perry wins this matchup.Everybody has their opinion and Knott had to go beg for jv players to come back out to even have a bench.Mosley left & went to Wesley Christian and they came to his house requesting he come back.Same for Craft,Shrum,and several others.Was that fact or a fabricated story I heard? Enlighten me.
I still like KCC over Perry.There is plenty of talk ,not only here in the 14th but from other schools,that Knott could be playing for all the marbles in March.Say what you want,but Perry gets it handed to them just like the last game when Beverly and the gang chok......ed. Those are the cold hard facts.Confusednicker:
zonebuster Wrote:I still like KCC over Perry.There is plenty of talk ,not only here in the 14th but from other schools,that Knott could be playing for all the marbles in March.Say what you want,but Perry gets it handed to them just like the last game when Beverly and the gang chok......ed. Those are the cold hard facts.Confusednicker:

Perry "handed it" to Knott twice last year.
Those are some cold hard facts as well.
Knott got the last laugh and was rewarded with a trip to Rupp, but that doesn't change the fact that Perry is a talented team and is more than capable of beating Knott Central any time they step on the floor.
January 12, 2013 (WYMT Championship): PCC 68 vs. KCC 62
In the championship game of the WYMT Mountain Classic, the Commodores were led to victory by many leaders in many different categories. Senior center Dalton Cornett had 8 points, 4 rebounds and 4 blocks.
Senior forward Austin Pray had 2 points, 3 rebounds and 1 block. His defense was key to holding the Patriot offense at bay.
Junior Justin Johnson had 18 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 block.
Freshman guard Braxton Beverly scored 22 points and had 5 rebounds and 7 assists.
All four were named to the All Tournament Team. Pray also received the Tony Turner 110% award, as well as the inaugural Coach Wayne Martin Leadership Scholarship award. Beverly was named tournament MVP.

February 7, 2013 (Regular Season): PCC 80 vs. KCC 73
Freshman guard Braxton Beverly led his team with 29 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists and 1 steal.
Senior guard Darryl Beatty had 15 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists, while sophomore forward Travis Stacy connected on 5 of 7 shooting from 3 point range to end up with 15 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist and 1 steal.

Yes, KCC won in the Regional last season. Won't happen this year. These are some cold hard facts.

:dudecomeon:
I'd bet ya cold hard cash neither Knott nor Perry win the region,, if Cordia gets everyone eligible. There's yalls cold hard facts. And I'm a Knott co guy.

Mix1...
I don't put much stock in last years final game. Beverly couldn't see out of his right eye and his other eye was a little blurry. That makes a huge difference in perry.
Everybody is talking about perry centrals coach but I don't see the concern he took Jackson city to the region his last year there and the next year Jackson city went to the finals of the region I think. He build Jackson city up so what do you all think he can do at perry. And the one freshman fron philadelphia was one of the top three in Philly.
And I bet anybody on here that knott don't even win there district. The only way knott possibly could is if BB spent three times as much as last year. And some more bad news for knott this year is that the 15th region officials are NOT doing the region this year and that will hurt knott more than anything. 13th region doing it this year and that's where Shannon hoskins played his last 2 years of high school
Pages: 1 2