Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Five 1a Games of First Round of Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well It is now the start of the second season. There are only 16 games in 1a this week. Most of those games should be very one sided. Therefore, I have had to trim the top ten down to a top five. I hope you all enjoy the playoffs and I hope everyone manages to stay injury free. Without further ado, here is this weeks top five:

1) Eminence @ Bellevue
Eminence and Bellevue should be a great match up of two teams with similar success. Eminence comes into this one with a record of 6-4. They have a Litkenhouse rating of 40.3. Bellevue comes into this one also at 6-4. They have a Litkenhouse rating of 80.4. Last year Eminence was bounced from the playoffs in the first round by Bellevue by a score of 48-8. I'm sure they would like to reverse fortunes this year.

2) Harlan @ Campbellsville
These are two similar teams as well. Harlan has had a disappointing season and would like to muster some success at the end of the year by advancing in the playoffs. Campbellsville is in the same position. Harlan comes in at 2-8 on the year. They have a Lit rating of 33.6. Campbellsville comes in one game better at 3-7 on the year. They have a Lit rating of 52.5. However Campbellsville has been on a little roll as of late and would appear to have the nod in this one.

3) Ludlow @ #12 Paris
Ludlow is one of those up and down teams this year. They need to start putting things together this week if they want any success in the playoffs. Ludlow comes into this one at 4-6 with a Lit rating of 45.8. Paris has been mentioned most of the year in the polls. They need to prove they are deserving in this one. They come in at 8-2 but with a Lit rating of 62.3. I would give the edge to Paris in this one.

4) Ky Country Day @ #3 Russellville
This is a rematch game. Russellville went to KCD last year in the second round of the playoffs. Russellville was picked by many to win that game and return to Mayfield for a rematch. KCD had different plans and upended the Panthers 27-12. KCD however has lost a lot including their star qb. This year KCD has to travel to Russellville for the rematch with a hungry bunch of Panthers. KCD comes in at 5-5 with a Lit rating of 58.2. Russellville comes in at 8-2 on the heels of a 2 game slide. They have a Lit rating of 100.8. I would have to give the big edge to Russellville in this one.

5) #11 Paintsville @ South Floyd
Paintsville appears to be a very good team this year that has failed to get the job done in big games. They would appear to be the team to beat in this one, which would mean they should win. It is when they appear to have a tough one that they seem to not match up. Paintsville has been mentioned in the polls almost all year. They come into this one at 7-3 with a Lit rating of 70.3. South Floyd appears at times as though they could be a handful. It just depends on how they show up in this one. South Floyd comes into this one at 3-7 with a Lit rating of 34.3.

This is a good start to what should be a memorable playoff season. Again good luck and I hope we all manage to stay injury free.
Russellville and Bellevue will have running clocks.
Mysonis55 what happen to the top ten 1A teams it's not the same after the lost to Caldwell co :please: get over it I miss the top ten 1A :lmao:
Harlan is very similar to Lynn Camp who Campbellsville rolled over. Campbellsville has played well since Williamsburg game. Campbellsville by 24.
Russellville gets revenge and wins by 28.
I'm making an upset guarantee...Allen Central will upset Fairview...You heard it here first folks...Wink
Paintsville will roll South Floyd. They are a good steady football team who take care of business.
Im interested in the Paris and Ludlow game.
64, It was hard enough to find 5 games that I could put into the top spots for this week. There should be a but load of blowout games. It has nothing to do with how we did against Caldwell Co. But, thanks for reminding me when I was just getting over it.
Paris wins by 2 tds
Well according to the Lit ratings you may be right on.
I agree with mysonis55, for the last few years we were part of the first round blowouts and no need of posting the obvious. Keep up the great work 55, I enjoy reading your breakdowns.
TigerBlues Wrote:I agree with mysonis55, for the last few years we were part of the first round blowouts and no need of posting the obvious. Keep up the great work 55, I enjoy reading your breakdowns.

I think mysonis55 getting Lazy he started this an he should finish it with the top ten 1A Games no matter what.Pick you're game up mysonis55 :thanks: for your top 5 anyway.Williamsburg in the east myson enjoy :Cheerlead
Rnd 1 predictions...

All 4s get throttled by 1, quite possibly involving 70-0 shutouts. If the East contenders, Raceland, Pikeville, Hazard, and Williamsburg(r u hapoy now 64), are smart though, rounds 1&2 will should be over by the 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter at the latest, in each game. No chance anyone's team holds a Mr. Football, so stat padding needs forgotten.

Regions 1:
1 Mayfield 49
2 Russellville 35

Region 2:
Frankfort 35
Beechwood 28

Region 3:
Hazard 28
Williamsburg 21

Region 4:
Raceland 42
Pikeville 38

I think this is the year that Frankfort and Raceland get over the regional championship hump. Next year, imo, though is a long ways away, will come dow to pikeville/williamsburg in the east. But thats along ways away. As for this year, The Jackets are honest contenders for the east, i just dont have confidense in their defense.

Raceland is the steongest over all team at this point. They seem to be peaking and clicking at the right time. Especially defensively. Look at the lines they have played against:
Fairview
Coal Grove
Ironton...all were huge and stronger upfront than most they will see in the post season.

Ashland and Lawrence County provide speedy lines, of which Raceland handled for the most part.

Ive said it once and I will say ot again. This is a COMPLETELY different team that lost to LC. Imo if Raceland had rematches of those games, they would win both by 2-3 scores. Racelands defense is good enough, thy the offense doesnthave to put up a whole bunc of points. They just have to omit stalling inside the redzone(happened twice against ironton).

Bring on the playoffs! Love me some small school football good luck to all teams and may all stay injury free!
I will actually have to miss the first round this year. Last year I had to miss the 3rd round. Those are the only 2 mhs games I can remember missing in the last 10 years or so.
Not happy mysonis55 I like your top ten 1A games several 2 seed playing 3 seed
For the most part, 64, in single A the 2s will destroy the 3s as well. Unless their is some sort of crazy injury(which is possible) or complete falling apart of someone(again possible: ie Raceland 2012. Each region should indefinitely come down to 1s vs 1s. I just dont see any major seeding upsets happening. Imo the only no 2 seed with a shot of causing major problems would be Russellville. The upsets could occur though, in the region. Of the number ones rt now, I would probably see it this way:

1. District 1 Mayfield
2. District 4 Frankfort
3. District 3 Beechwood
4. District 7 Raceland
5. District 8 Pikeville
6. District 6 Hazard
7. District 5 Williamsburg
8. District 2 Bethelehem

Frankforts win over danvilke has me thinking they r primed to take over their region.
C-ville will get the win against Harlan. I think the bus ride from Harlan doesn't help the green dragons, and c-ville played well against their district aside from the Williamsburg game.
Frankfort beat Danville last year as well. That was before the coaching change as well.
It wasnt really the win over the Ads that got me to take notice. More so how they won.
55, all I have to say is 48-41
Alright Killer, you won. I get it, you won. I think we are going to play an extra game against Caldwell the week after the state games.