Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harrison County @ Johnson Central 11/8/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
:welcome: What does Harrison team look like this year ? they have played a hard schedalue ,
Tick Tock Running Clock.
Should be JC all night long. Harrison has a good looking QB but not much else to go with him. It will give JC some practice on D defending the pass for up coming games with HHS and CCH.
My prediction is that JC will win by a comfortable margin without running up the score and give up two or three scores to HC. Then, fans of a team that just gave up a record number of yards will point out all of the deficiencies of JC's defense, which the next team to play JC will exploit. That is what happens every year that JC wins its opening game or reaches the regional final, so it does not take a Nostradamus to predict what will happen during or following next week's game.
This will get ugly quick!
Many people have different philosophies on how to handle these games. I believe there is little doubt JC should put this game away rather quick. The question is do u play your starters after the running clock for fear of lack of game reps which could be crucial later down the playoff stretch or do u rest them for fear of injury?
They all wear arm bands learning progress takes them awhile to run a play,Johnson Central big in the 1st Quarter :welcome:
Bump.
Johnson Central - 64

Harrison Co. - 7
Kayaker Wrote:Many people have different philosophies on how to handle these games. I believe there is little doubt JC should put this game away rather quick. The question is do u play your starters after the running clock for fear of lack of game reps which could be crucial later down the playoff stretch or do u rest them for fear of injury?

During the season, I might look to get them more reps. But now? If you get somebody hurt, there's a huge game looming in seven more days and, hopefully, THE game coming seven days after THAT. I say the fewer snaps you can have your first teamers on the field in a game like this right now, the better chance you have of avoiding injury, because next week will be our toughest game so far (apologies to Belfry, but I think Cov Cath is still a little tougher test on paper).
Williamsburg had no problem with Harrison County.did not score on our starter :welcome: Johnson Central from Williamsburg beat Highland when that day arrives :Cheerlead
Harrison is in a tough spot. They've got a no-win situation in the district, but at least they tough it out and don't run off whining like Pendleton County. JC should have no problem. Harrison fans, the best part of your Friday night will be the ride down. It's beautiful this time of year.
Diogenes Wrote:During the season, I might look to get them more reps. But now? If you get somebody hurt, there's a huge game looming in seven more days and, hopefully, THE game coming seven days after THAT. I say the fewer snaps you can have your first teamers on the field in a game like this right now, the better chance you have of avoiding injury, because next week will be our toughest game so far (apologies to Belfry, but I think Cov Cath is still a little tougher test on paper).

I would hope. If the kids don't have it at this point of the year it ain't gonna happen. I agree from now on its all about survive and advance. I would hate to see an injury occur to a player that had no business in a runaway game. I'm sure coach Matney will pull as soon as possible. Next few weeks should be very exciting, personally I can't wait.
Ugly!!
JC 48
HC 21

Early running clock, followed by many subs.
I believe this one will get ugly quick. I look for the Golden Eagles to come out firing on all cylinders and for the JV and freshman to get a lot of playing time. I also look for cricket bed/DNS to continue to act as if he's not at the game and then let on like his"buddy" filled him in on what happened, and I'm sure he will whine and cry about stats and continue to stir his normal crap.
Harrison has around 65 kids that dress out , u would think they would have to be better than the team we played last year,
eagles2011 Wrote:Harrison has around 65 kids that dress out , u would think they would have to be better than the team we played last year,

this game will get out of hand early........
Don Carlo Wrote:I believe this one will get ugly quick. I look for the Golden Eagles to come out firing on all cylinders and for the JV and freshman to get a lot of playing time. I also look for cricket bed/DNS to continue to act as if he's not at the game and then let on like his"buddy" filled him in on what happened, and I'm sure he will whine and cry about stats and continue to stir his normal crap.

You are the stirring up CRAP!!! Where have you been for 10 games?:biglmao:
Don Carlo Wrote:I believe this one will get ugly quick. I look for the Golden Eagles to come out firing on all cylinders and for the JV and freshman to get a lot of playing time. I also look for cricket bed/DNS to continue to act as if he's not at the game and then let on like his"buddy" filled him in on what happened, and I'm sure he will whine and cry about stats and continue to stir his normal crap.

And you're right.. I wont be at the game. Confusedhh:
I'm not even gonna say the name P*dun*er.....

I figured he'd be all over this thread with his catch phrase.... "The Playoffs Are Coming"

Don't forget.... the playoffs are when the the real "athletics" come out.
I'm guessing the Varsity will play all the 1st half and a couple series on Off./Def. to start the 3rd.

Harrison Co. is a very respectable program. They may not have the best record, but based on what I saw last year in the playoff game at JC.... they are not the type of team to cheap shot/late hit.
Eagles
JC 59 Harrison 21
Ugly... Quick!
Found these pics on my old computer....
From the 2006 3A Semi-State game between JC and Cov. Cath.

[Image: 1172608_10151954641263080_1711087675_o.jpg]

[Image: 1397634_10151954639543080_969034489_o.jpg]

[Image: 1415229_10151954639488080_1719696671_o.jpg]
The new stadiums and turf and all are nice, but man...

I miss that old stadium.
The crowd for the 2005 Apple Bowl may have been bigger....

But the crowd for this game was INSANE!!!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The crowd for the 2005 Apple Bowl may have been bigger....

But the crowd for this game was INSANE!!!!!

Best high school game atmosphere I've seen in 20 plus years of watching games.

Wouldn't have been the same in the new stadium, either. The new stadiums are built to hold way too many people for the average HS game (and not just ours, but all the new-style ones), and they can make a decent-sized crowd look smaller than it really is. The old stadium was perfect for that atmosphere.

Also, turf is just way too hard to water down before the game when you play a fast team. :biggrin:
That game was PACKED out!
Pages: 1 2