Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCC 34 Beechwood 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was another classic. NCC down 21 - 0 in the first 4 minutes of the game on 3 consecutive turnovers, only to fight back and win on a 25 yard field goal with 12 seconds left in the game. A lot of hard hitting and big plays, NCC O-line got things under control and pushed BW around up front. BW was by far the biggest team up front, but NCC used their quickness and a little attitude to get the job done. NCC faces Owen County this week. After today's game Owen better strap it on because here comes NCC with a lot of momentum.
What is up with Beechwood? They should have taken this with that new look passing attack.
Sounds like a typical NKY hard hitting football game. Good luck to both in the playoffs.
mysonis55 Wrote:What is up with Beechwood? They should have taken this with that new look passing attack.

This beachwood team doesnt have the o lines of the past. Cant run power football if you cant block.
That could spell disaster for them in the playoffs if that is the case. I think that could even come into play as early as the annual meeting with Frankfort.
This is a very good BW team. Their o-line is the biggest you will see at the 1a level and can match up physically with anyone. The issue is people have not given NCC any credit and have sold them short. New faces in new positions have taken awhile to come around and are finally producing. Qb is starting to understand his role and seems to be getting everyone involved. O -line has had its share of injuries (still does) but the kids keep fighting. I'm glad a lot of the talk has focus on the western teams and they've written NCC. This team is by no means an easy out.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:This is a very good BW team. Their o-line is the biggest you will see at the 1a level and can match up physically with anyone. The issue is people have not given NCC any credit and have sold them short. New faces in new positions have taken awhile to come around and are finally producing. Qb is starting to understand his role and seems to be getting everyone involved. O -line has had its share of injuries (still does) but the kids keep fighting. I'm glad a lot of the talk has focus on the western teams and they've written NCC. This team is by no means an easy out.

Yes for 1a their o line is big. I keep forgetting this is a 1a team. physically they can match up with the.smaller schools.
Physically, they can match up with anyone in the state except for a couple of 6a schools. They've (BW) have proven thst by playing a tough non conference schedule. For a 1A school, I doubt that any team has played a tougher non conference schedule, same goes for NCC. I don't want to see the realignment that's coming because it was nice to see possibly 3 state champs in NKY(Beechwood, NCC, and Highlands). If BW moves up to 2a as expected, it will be NCC and BW slugging it out every year for the possible championship.
Mayfield's schedule compares with anyones. PT, Murray, Caldwell County, Graves County, McCracken County, Fort Campbell.
I would say that they may have to think again if they think their line will dominate any 1a team. I know of at least 2 that I would put up against them. They will get to see one of those in the semis. Now as far as scheduling goes, I would say Mayfield had the toughest out of district schedule this year. We also had one of the toughest in district schedule with Russellville there. We will get to put this thought to rest in a few weeks. That is either the Cards or the Panthers will have that chance.
I also like the part about them moving up to 2a. That is all everyone over on this side and for that matter, across the state has been saying about Mayfield as well. The truth is none of us know for sure who is moving up. They are not going to move Mayfield and Beechwood up just because they are good teams. We have to have increased in numbers enough that we pass all the 1a teams that were in front of us at the last redistricting. We also have to pass some 2a teams so they could move down.
Not even close to NCC's schedule. NCC fielded a team of about 40 kids and has 5 sophomores starting on defense. Ashland, cooper (5A state runner up), Campbell county, simon Kenton, beechwood and dixie. Mayfield or Caldwell might beat 2 of those teams. NCC only managed to beat Ashland and beechwood. No team in 1A, 2A or 3A has played a tougher out of district schedule. I'm sorry, but you all know, may not admit it, but the best football in the state is in NKY.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would say that they may have to think again if they think their line will dominate any 1a team. I know of at least 2 that I would put up against them. They will get to see one of those in the semis. Now as far as scheduling goes, I would say Mayfield had the toughest out of district schedule this year. We also had one of the toughest in district schedule with Russellville there. We will get to put this thought to rest in a few weeks. That is either the Cards or the Panthers will have that chance.

Not even close in your assessment. I would stack up BW and any NKY team against Mayfield and their district and non-district opponents on a regular basis, with the NKY teams coming out with the win. The level of competition on a weekly basis can't be matched with the exception of Louisville. There is an occasional team who surprises someone, but NKY usually represents 3 to 4 of the 6 classes every year in the finals. I do agree with your last assessment, it will all be settled in a couple weeks. It should be an exciting ride no matter what side of the border you're on, Good luck!
Okay, you think their schedule is better. This is what we faced. First was a 3rd round 3a team of Fort Campbell at Fort Campbell. Next was either a stat semi finalist or state runner up in 6a of McCracken Co. Next was a 3rd round 2a team of Murray. Then was a semi final or final 3a team of Paducah-Tilghman at Tilghman. Then there was a 3rd round 5a team of Graves County. Then of course in district we had the #2 1a team of Russellville. Then top that off with the 2a state champs in Caldwell Co. Granted we did have a down 6a team of Marshall Co and then the 2 terrible 1a teams in our district. 7 of the teams we have played have been in the top ten of their perspective classes or mentioned in the polls at some point this year.
ok, check out the Cantrall's ratings. Both NCC and BW have played 5 of the top 25 listed for all classes. NCC has played Simon, Campbell and Dixie while BW has played CovCath, Dixie and Div 1 Lima Senior from Oh. Yea, both teams lost to each of these teams but you can't deny there scheduling.
All those teams listed are no tougher than McCracken and believe it or not, this year I would say Caldwell. Caldwell is not getting the respect because they haven't played much.
mysonis55 Wrote:All those teams listed are no tougher than McCracken and believe it or not, this year I would say Caldwell. Caldwell is not getting the respect because they haven't played much.

On many occasions I have agreed with you, but on this one I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. McCracken is no where near the talent of any these teams. As far as Caldwell goes, I think they have been given a ton of respect. I believe NCC is the team that has gotten short changed, winning the title 2 of the last 3 years and is pressing for another one this year.
It doesn't matter who Beechwood has played, if they beat Frankfort they get to travel down to Mayfield for their annual butt whippin.
We hope to be waiting for them. I hope we are up to the challenge since they have played a much tougher schedule than we have.