Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Things for Mayfield fans to ponder.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Put this out earlier. I now have more things for you all to think about now. These are some interesting but scary thoughts if you are a Mayfield Cardinal fan.

1) The last 5 state championships in 1a have been won by the team listed as home on the scoreboard. This year if the Cards make it, they will be listed as visitors.

2) The Cards have never won at state in Bowling Green, when wearing white. We would be wearing white this year if we make it.

3) The team that won the last regular season game between Mayfield and Caldwell, went on to win state. The loser of that game went on to lose at state.

4) Since we have been playing at Bowling Green, the Cards have been on a lose one and then win one schedule. We won last year, so that would tend to indicate that we should lose this year.

5) Lastly this is a bad numbered year. 2013.
All superstitions... But I must ask though how many times was the QB pressured in the gamed against Caldwell county.
Both qb's got pressured pretty often. The difference is Sindelar is pretty fast, big and strong. If you pressure him, your corners have got to stay with the receivers forever. The reason being he just runs around crazily in the backfield until he finds one of the receivers open 60 yards or so down field and then throws it to them. The problem with that is that while your corners are staying with the receivers, they have their backs turned to the qb. Then he takes off running and they are the only ones fast enough to catch him in the open field.
How often does the qb scramble or run?
Just whenever he wants. No way to predict their offense. I have been telling you all since last year this kid is one of those very special kids that defenses can only pray they can contain.
Mayfield got beat by a very good 2A team. They are still the favorite in 1A
I have coached baseball too long to not be a little superstitous.
I was talking about Mayfield?? and thanks again
He was pressured a bit. Our line played great though. Jake is also very good when on the run. He isn't slow either.
Seems like when he played hazard he never really run but was looking more to pass...
He does keep his eyes downfield. Make no mistake though he can run.
Not good at running.. 99% of the time he will look to pass or attempt to down it.. hes pretty good about findin something to throw too wen pressured outta pocket.. caldwell had him flushed out about a avg amount of times..
Guhy has negative yards rushing on the year, that should answer your question bac
Thanks and im sure pressuring him is the key to beating Mayfield..
Good luck with that.
Agreed.. pressure him and the short pass will kill ya.. he tends to be pretty good at finding recievers that are open ... although there are times he seems to not be able to get his eyes off one reciever
Theres just not to many times he takes off runnin with it.
He has enough speed to though.
Im not trying to cause I argument and I was just merely going off his pass competitions and pass attempts in the Caldwell in which they lost.. Yet u all only lost by 7 in a very very close game.
In anwser to that question.. he was sacked one or two times.. didnt stay under a lot of pressure but yet recievers dropped a few along with couple poorly placed or wrong routes ran. Over all caldwells secondary stayed with us pretty good.. they did choose a pass interference call instead of given us a td.. our reciever had their defender beat by two steps and realized that as the ball was commin in to the wr.. the defender was just close enough to give him a nice little shove to the ground as the ball was about to come over shoulder and into fingertips. It sucked but but good play by defender cause it was a td if untouched..