Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 34 - Pike Central 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like we had a lot of people guess the outcome of this one correctly.

By "correctly" I mean you were all freaking wrong.
Coach Haddix proves once again he can "Coach" with the best of them. Big bounce back win for the Commodores. Good luck to Coach Haddix and the Commodores in the playoffs!!!!!
That was an awesome game. Pike central just couldn't handle the defense in the 2nd half!
Yes we were all correct when we said the REFS would help the home team out and it would be very obvious as Pike Central had a 24-6 lead then all of a sudden the homers started throwing those flags and affecting the outcome as always. Everyone knows that is how it goes over there in Perry Co we talked about it all week long come on now
I figured I would start this thread of with a bang since it was the best game of the night and no one had posted the score hours after it was over.

Pike Central can't blame the refs for this one. Two interceptions and a botched hand off that added up to 3 consecutive turnovers is what lost this one for them.

Not to mention constantly jumping offsides and the unsportsmanlike penalties - that were all warranted.

The kid that threw Devin Brewer down after the whistle blew on the last drive gets the game ball.
Regardless of officiating quality, the Hawks had a 3 pt. lead to protect with just over 1 min remaining. Perry Central got the ball on their own 39 and 2 timeouts. They drove down and scored to win with 2 secs remaining.

:popcorn:
Sounds like a wild one. Pike Central has lost a couple this year in the closing minutes.
I'm the co-film man for Pike Central, I was able to make it out to the game last night.

First off, just wanna say the new field at Perry Central is absolutely gorgeous.

This was definitely a tough loss for us, it's almost baffling how this team falters in the 2nd half. I can count like 4 games where we've had decent leads only to lose them or almost lose them in the 2nd half.

Luckily this game doesn't really mean anything, so we just need to shrug it off and bounce back for the playoffs.

Congratulations to the Commodores, you deserved it.

Good luck in the playoffs. Wink
So much for that air raid lol. And to say the refs helped perry is absurd. The refs moved Pike right down the field in the 4th on two drives with a pass interference and a personal foul called against Perry. Perry flat out wanted it more lat night. Great play by Nathan Pray and the SS for Pike, number 4 i think. Those two kids played harder then anyone. Good luck to Pike on the rest of your season. But as for some of your fans on here learn how to eat crow and suck up the loss dont blame the refs. Now Perry needs to take this momentum into the playoffs.
Pike central completely feel apart in the 2nd half. Same as last week. Can't blame the refs on this one. Perry had pass interference called on them late in the fourth and gave pike central a lot of yards an amazing opportunity too score and perrys defense caused a fumble that lead too Perry's last scoring drive.
Not surprising. No matter how good you are, there is no guarantee at PCC. If you let them stay in the game flags will fly and the Commodores will most likely come out victorious. Haddix is yet to prove himself as a head coach. Let him win a couple big ones and then maybe you can sing his praises. Isn't saying much when everyone in the district goes to the playoffs and his teams haven't won more than one game in the playoffs. I wonder how much longer the central office will keep with his mediocrity.
13th region refs last night, Pike Cent has a good team Perry outplayed them in the 4th quarter no bad calls, Pike Central was off side half the night on Defense and the refs never called it. Bring on North Laurel next week.
inyourface Wrote:Not surprising. No matter how good you are, there is no guarantee at PCC. If you let them stay in the game flags will fly and the Commodores will most likely come out victorious. Haddix is yet to prove himself as a head coach. Let him win a couple big ones and then maybe you can sing his praises. Isn't saying much when everyone in the district goes to the playoffs and his teams haven't won more than one game in the playoffs. I wonder how much longer the central office will keep with his mediocrity.

I am so tired of everyone blaming the refs after a close loss. This is what is wrong with our society in general, everyone is wanting to blame somebody else, instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. Secondly, Haddix has won a lot of big games since being the head man at PCC. He has won the only playoff game in PCC's history, beaten powerhouses such as; Breathitt, Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, and others I can't think of off the top of my head. Justin has turned PCC into a respectable football program, and I can guarantee you the Central office will keep him around as long as he wants to be around. Congrats Coach Haddix on the big win over John Paul and the Hawks!!!!!!
Haddix is the best football coach to ever coach football in the
Perry County school system since its existance. I hope he coaches
his entire career at Perry. He has won more big games than any
other coach at Perry or Napier. He also beat Somerset a couple
years ago and almost beat the Black Bears at Harlan.
This was a surprise Congrats pcc
Cat Daddy Wrote:I am so tired of everyone blaming the refs after a close loss. This is what is wrong with our society in general, everyone is wanting to blame somebody else, instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. Secondly, Haddix has won a lot of big games since being the head man at PCC. He has won the only playoff game in PCC's history, beaten powerhouses such as; Breathitt, Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, and others I can't think of off the top of my head. Justin has turned PCC into a respectable football program, and I can guarantee you the Central office will keep him around as long as he wants to be around. Congrats Coach Haddix on the big win over John Paul and the Hawks!!!!!!

This times 1000 wasnt even 14th region officials. Its time for adults to stop teaching kids to look for someone to blame when they fail. Time to take responsibility and acknowledge when you fail to get a job done.
On another note...

The Hawks attempts at tackling Devin Brewer were pretty sad.

He trucked kids all night that were standing straight up waiting on him to get there.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I am so tired of everyone blaming the refs after a close loss. This is what is wrong with our society in general, everyone is wanting to blame somebody else, instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. Secondly, Haddix has won a lot of big games since being the head man at PCC. He has won the only playoff game in PCC's history, beaten powerhouses such as; Breathitt, Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, and others I can't think of off the top of my head. Justin has turned PCC into a respectable football program, and I can guarantee you the Central office will keep him around as long as he wants to be around. Congrats Coach Haddix on the big win over John Paul and the Hawks!!!!!!

Haddix is the best young coach in the mountains, along with paintsville coach he has also done an outstanding job
From Black Bear Nation, congrats to Perry, represent next week for our district. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
ballboy Wrote:13th region refs last night, Pike Cent has a good team Perry outplayed them in the 4th quarter no bad calls, Pike Central was off side half the night on Defense and the refs never called it. Bring on North Laurel next week.

Jags will be there. Seems like you have been in Daddy's liquor again.
Also, I'm not sure what happened but their was a young cheerleader from Perry Central that had to be taken off the field in a ambulance.

Prayers for that young lady.

If anyone has any updates on her condition, feel free to let us know.
J-Rod Wrote:Also, I'm not sure what happened but their was a young cheerleader from Perry Central that had to be taken off the field in a ambulance.

Prayers for that young lady.

If anyone has any updates on her condition, feel free to let us know.

She had a seizure what people were saying at the game.

Last I heard it was very serious.

My wife is a teacher and said the kids told her she was in ICU at UK as of Saturday night.
Referees where a Joke
Oh wow, that's terrible. Sad

Continuing praying for that young lady.
Bring on North Laurel!!!
RickJR Wrote:Referees where a Joke

They sure where