Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you serious?!?!?

JC destroys Belfry and the Pirates are still ranked above JC?!?!

Wowwwwww!!!
The poll is not updated until Monday. The one shown during the show is the same one that was released this past Monday (Oct. 28). I'm sure the poll will look different when the new one is released next week.

-Josh McKinney
Good to know...was at Applebee's and saw the rankings on TV. That was actually the first time had seen Sports Overtime this year...don't get WYMT on DirecTV. My apologies for jumping the gun.
everyone kw its JC-1, 2-Belfry,PC 4 whoever
Confusednicker:

Worried about a mountain top ten poll when your getting ready to start the 4A playoffs..... Id be worried about what Highlands is going to bring to the table.
^^^I know...no one ever talks about anything other than games on here. I feel so ashamed.
Are the playoffs still coming???

Hey, we can't get our shot to go beat Highlands until Nov 22. Right now, we should be looking at what Harrison County brings to the table, actually.

We CAN ask for some WYMT respect tonight though. I think with big wins over Harlan County and Belfry (at Belfry), maybe we've earned it?
I think it would be hard for anyone to argue against JC being 1
khsgamenight Wrote:Are you serious?!?!?

JC destroys Belfry and the Pirates are still ranked above JC?!?!

Wowwwwww!!!

I think the word destroy is a little strong don't ya think.

JC 434 yards

Belfry 350 yards..

This game was never actually too close but it was close enough that it was a game and was competitive.
Sounds like a good game but highlands ain't lookin��
^^^ Destroyed was probably a little strong.
khsgamenight Wrote:Good to know...was at Applebee's and saw the rankings on TV. That was actually the first time had seen Sports Overtime this year...don't get WYMT on DirecTV. My apologies for jumping the gun.

Johnson Ccentral made my number 1 team 2wks ago :welcome:
Diogenes Wrote:Are the playoffs still coming???

Hey, we can't get our shot to go beat Highlands until Nov 22. Right now, we should be looking at what Harrison County brings to the table, actually.

We CAN ask for some WYMT respect tonight though. I think with big wins over Harlan County and Belfry (at Belfry), maybe we've earned it?

Johnson Central has been No. 1 in my poll since they beat Harlan County, but my vote is just one of four that go into deciding the final Mountain Top 10.

-Josh
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Johnson Central has been No. 1 in my poll since they beat Harlan County, but my vote is just one of four that go into deciding the final Mountain Top 10.

-Josh

Well, if the other three aren't convinced...not much else we can do. Or they're from Somerset.
Diogenes Wrote:Well, if the other three aren't convinced...not much else we can do. Or they're from Somerset.

And this means what?
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:And this means what?

Only legitimate reason I can come up with how you could rank Pulaski above Johnson Central.
So far this season... if you look at JC's games as a Boxing match or an MMA match, JC would have 10 wins by either KO, TKO, Submission or Referee/Doctor/Corner stoppage.

The game @ Belfry was our biggest challenge. Both teams slugged it out.... but in the end, it was JC taking Belfry "down to the mat" and doing what they do by using their 'Gound N' Pound' style of offense.

A ranking on a TV show IS NOT gonna have a permanent spot in JC's trophy case. I know this team isn't worried about their spot in the Mountain Top 10. They want the 4A state title.
In terms of the coverage area, I too feel PC is better than JC.
PC is not a one dimensional team by no means, with maybe the best dual threat Soph QB ive ever seen. Id take Pulaski over anybody. If were talking about real "mountain" football than yes, JC has been number one all year.
Pulaski is a good a team, but I don't get the comparisons with Johnson Central.
Johnson Central is better defensively, much more physical and beat two teams better than anyone Pulaski has played.
Pulaski is good, Johnson Central is good, yes Central could run the ball on Pulaski, yes Pulaski could throw the ball on Central. It would be a high scoring game with both teams probably in the 40 point range, but to indicate Pulaski is not very physical is non sense.
HDE Wrote:Pulaski is a good a team, but I don't get the comparisons with Johnson Central.
Johnson Central is better defensively, much more physical and beat two teams better than anyone Pulaski has played.

We'll look at how bad PC beats Harlan County, assuming Harlan County can upset Madison Southern in the second round, and then well revisit your opinion.

Harlan County and Belfry are far from being unrealistic wins for PC. That will be proven in the playoffs. Ive never understood how someone can compare two teams that hasnt played, are completely different, and one of them I would almost guarantee that you havent seen play this year. Im assuming youve only watch JC once.

I wish there were more PC fans on the site. With 500 HC, JC, and Belfry fans, its often hard to "disagree" for the common poster. Im not the common poster though. PC is number one. No doubt about it.
It's a different season, but I have seen Harlan County and Pulaski County play the three previous years, so there is something to base it on as far as styles, gameplans and personnel.
This could be Pulaski's year, but I remember how Harlan County dominated the game last season..