Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Warren 21 - Russellville 6 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
South Warren 21 - Russellville 6 FINAL
Congrats to South Warren.
SW is still only giving up 1 td per game.
Not statistically as close as score indicated. Rus kept in game with turnovers.
Russellville is a good team. S. Warren is very good and possibly special. They had that 1 ugly game against Daviess Co, it happens, but, other then that they've been outstanding. I do still question there schedule. I don't think you necessarily have to play a tough team every week, but, I do think you need to be challenged more than a couple of times a year. Daviess and Russellville are the only 2 quality teams they've played. I'd feel better about them if they'd have been challenged 4-5 times throughout the year, before the playoffs start. I just wonder if they can put together 3 or 4 strong weeks in a row against good competition that they'll have to face in the playoffs, especially when the majority of the good 3a teams are all on there side of the bracket.
Im surprised at this one.
Would like to see SW and Bourbon county in the state game would be a battle of the Defenses!
RVK had one first down in the second half and was down to their third string quarterback after Croslin left the game with an injury and Meyers did not want to risk losing him for the playoffs.

RVK stayed in the game with SW red zone turnovers.

SW did not have any passing yardage. RVK had 10 yards rushing for the game. Impressive defense.
Sounds like contrasting styles.
Also, I think I heard that Russellville had a couple of starters that didn't play to rest for the playoffs.
They must have had some out if they didn't rush but for 10 yards.
Russellville is essentially a one dimensional team. They run it pretty well. If you force them to the air, they become less effective while they get the airplanes going. I would suspect the low net rushing figure would include some sacks, but I have not seen stats.

When they have to play half the game with their #3 QB - the limitations become more glaring. When you have to worry about giant Adrian Middleton cleaning your clock on every play, its a obvious distraction to any QB.

Still, it was not a blowout game even with Russellville's limits on what it was able to do.

We shall see.
Russellville can throw pretty well. They are just of school. That means at most 10 passes per game. I heard they had some banged up after our game. No need to risk injury for that game.
SW is a load on defense. Nobody has moved the ball on them ... yet.
If you run into a big strong run defense and you primarily run, you have got execute perfectly.