Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 71 - Warren Central 69 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What happened here??

Highlands fans please post stats and what happened as you led 28-0 in 1st qtr
I'm curious as well.
Where's the defense?
something happen,because a not very good Madisonville North beat WC beging of the yr by couple scores, i know a team gets better as the yr goes no ,but not this good..
Apparently HHS had their starters come out in street clothes after halftime due to the big lead. I need confirmation because there is always an excuse with a close game for HHS.
Raiderbird from the other forum said he knew of 5 or 6 starters that didn't play for HHS and their were a some of the starting db's that came out in street close in the second half but not all the starters.as for the excuse part i agree with you.IMO they had thier hands full tonight starters in or not.
Bowling Green 48 Warren Central 14
Highlands 71 Warren Central 69

:eyeroll:

Where ya at wide?!?!?!
I guess next time ole Dale will rethink that decision....
Let me save them all some time: "We rested our hurt players. We didn't care about this game. We came out flat. We had 23 starters hurt."

Did I leave anything out?
Did they start basketball all ready
Sounds like both teams shot the ball well.
Nice D.
On a quick check at http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/game-results the 69 points is the most ever given up by a Highlands team. The highest I could find before tonight was the 54 that Moeller scored in 1994.

When was the last time there was 140 total points scored in a KY Football game?
I was told WC had 918 yards of total offense and that's a state record!
It was 41-7 in the 2nd qtr talk about never giving up
Good god all mighty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They only let the JVs play. That's today's excuse. Resting everyone else.
The truth is the truth, and there is nothing much else I can say. This team has a bad habit of settling back once a big lead comes about.
Wide any box score or stat sheets???
First great game from WC they came to play!
Three starters on def didn't dress b/c of injuries from last week. Also starting QB as well
Starting D played all of the first Qtr and some of 2nd. 55-28 at the half. WC would match highlands Score for score sometimes on one play. Most of the starters came back in when WC cut it down to, two TD's. Nice job on WC holding Highlands to a FG late in the 4th. A few underclassmen started tonight for the injuried players, guys got to do a better job reading the plays one cut and WC was gone. As long as we had a 3 td lead let the younger guys play. With the JV cut short on there season they need all the PT they can get. Next year with be a lot of fun. I thought I heard someone said WC only had a few Sr.

Birds better check themself here real fast on D In just a few short weeks you better be ready to stop the run. Because its coming!

On a more positive note: nice to know we can still score over 70 with the back up qb.
TNT, I don't have the exact numbers of this game at the moment, but I'm sure someone will post them eventually.

This honestly was very close to a running clock in the second quarter. Should have been. Heck, it was 27-0 about halfway through the first quarter.
Both teams combined for over 1,500 yards of offense.
So the Birds hit a three from way beyond the arc to win it.

Yes, injuries - yes, 2nd teamers - yes, be worried...heard 900+ yards of offense for WC.

Highlands only played with 5-6 guys on defense in the second half ofcourse Confusednicker:. Because it's not humanly possible to score 50+ in a half on 11 1st and 2nd teamers!
This game sounded like a basketball game more than a football game.
Highlands defense is not very good. This game was crazy!
Post basketball scores in the basketball forum please!!!! Moderators please!!!
UK1fan Wrote:Highlands defense is not very good. This game was crazy!

I thought they stood on opposing 40s and ran Tds at each otherConfusednicker:
UK1fan Wrote:Highlands defense is not very good. This game was crazy!

Do you really think this is the same defensive team that played last week and held Elder to 30?
sstack Wrote:Do you really think this is the same defensive team that played last week and held Elder to 30?

Exactly the defense didn't play! Freshman D vs Varsity O...

Mueller & Rogers agreed to it before the game to over shadow the Belfry/JC game:hilarious:
TNT-MB1 Wrote:What happened here??

Highlands fans please post stats and what happened as you led 28-0 in 1st qtr
:trolldad:
Then 41-7 at the half, after which the starters showed back up on the sidelines in street clothes, something I thought they'd stopped since having to go back and change after Bourbon County came back to make a game of it in the playoffs back in 2001. (I hate when they do it. It shows a lack of class.) Tonight wasn't a playoff game. It was an essentially meaningless end to the regular season. No winning streak to defend. No perfect season on the line. Just a chance to see what the class of 2015 will be bringing to the table next August. Make of it what you will. You might see something of the same thing next week, a big lead early, followed by a mysteriously close final considering the competition. When it's for real, you'll see a different Bluebird team. Right now it's just more cannon fodder, starting with Boyd next week.
Pages: 1 2