Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 37 Pleasure Ridge Park 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score.
Congrats Central. Guess PRP is still "sleeping".
Central knows it is November.
Mo deblinly
E's Army Wrote:Central knows it is November.

Haven't lost since September , looking at their scores and schedule I would say they have a very good chance to 4 peat.
Coachdad Wrote:Haven't lost since September , looking at their scores and schedule I would say they have a very good chance to 4 peat.

Heard at the begining of the season they had a player or 2 out from suspensions. Have these players returned?
They weren't suspended, they were academically ineligible because of a clerical error They were the two starting running backs , the error had a deadline and was not able to be appealed , therefore they were not allowed to play this year.
BOCO and Central would be a good match up!!!
Wayne @ Central will be an epic battle.
Tica do you know where the semi-final game will be played if wayne & Central both make it that far ?
It was a complete team effort for Central, as the host Yellowjackets scored on offense, defense and special teams to record a 37-23 victory over Pleasure Ridge Park last night.

Phillip Francis ran 21 times for 163 yards, and Sydney Tedford threw for two scores. But it was the defense that set the tone for Central (7-3), scoring twice in the first half. The special-teams unit added a safety on a blocked punt.

It started on the first drive of the game, when PRP's Blake Byerly could not handle a wild shotgun snap inside the Panthers' 20. Donald Styles picked it up at the 10 and put Central up 7-0 after just 61 seconds of play.

After forcing a three-and-out, Central needed just three plays to double its lead, with Tedford connecting with Marcel Malone for a 22-yard score.

PRP, though, gathered its composure on its ensuing 80-yard drive, which encompassed 15 plays. The Panthers converted on two fourth downs, including the scoring play, an 11-yard pass from Byerly to Deshan Rushin to cut the Yellowjackets lead to 14-7.

After the Panthers held Central to a three-and-out on the Yellowjackets' next possession, momentum seemed to tilt even more in PRP's favor.

That's when Royshawn Beason stepped in, literally. The senior lineman cut jumped in front of a Byerly inside screen pass and ran untouched 37 yards to put the hosts back up by 14 points.

It was a play Beason, who notched his second interception touchdown return, has seen his team run several times in practice.

"I wasn't taking no for an answer," he said. "I was getting into the end zone. That was a big momentum shift. I saw their heads down after that."

It seemed like every break went against the Panthers (4-6). In addition to allowing the two defensive scores, PRP missed out on a huge opportunity to score late in the first half. In the final minute, Byerly connected DeShan Rushin on a 40-yard pass to put the Panthers inside Central's 10-yard line, but the receiver took a hard hit and fumbled. Central recovered and went to halftime with a 23-7 lead.

"We would have had to put two plays together pretty quickly, but it would have been nice to get in there," PRP coach Jason Hiser said.

The bad breaks continued for PRP in the second half. After Byerly was stopped on a fourth-and-one run for no gain at the Panthers' 35, Francis responded on the next play by running 33 yards. He fumbled the ball as he was tackled, but a hustling Terence Stewart, a lineman following Malone, pounced on the ball in the end zone to put Central up 30-15.

Both teams entered the game knowing their playoff destinations. Central, the three-time defending Class 3-A champions, hosts Casey County next week.

After losing to St. Xavier on Sept. 27, the Yellowjackets ended the regular season with four straight wins.

"I think we're rolling into the playoffs at full speed," Central coach Ty Scroggins said. "We're clicking at the right time."

PRP, last year's Class 6-A runners-up, must travel to Campbell County.

"I'm not a big fan of having a gimme game as your last game," Hiser said. "If we can put together four good quarters, we can play with anybody."

PRP 7 0 8 8 - 23
Central 14 9 7 7 - 37

Central - Donald Styles 10 fumble return (Sebastian Francisco kick); Central - Marcel Malone 22 pass from Sydney Tedford (Francisco kick); PRP - Deshan Rushin 11 pass from Blake Byerly (John Spiva kick); Central - Royshawn Beason 37 interception return (Francisco kick); Central - Safety, blocked punt out of the endzone. PRP - Byerly 2 run (Delvon Dunn run); Central - Terence Stewart recovered fumble in end zone (Francisco kick); PRP - Dunn 10 run (Dunn pass from Byerly); Central - Derquione Mobley 18 pass from Tedford (Franciscio kick).

PRP C
Total yards 294 259
First downs 16 9
Rushes-yds. 152 156
Comp-Att-Int 13-21-1 5-9-0
Passing yards 142 103
Fumbles-lost 3-2 4-0
Penalties-yds. 4-25 9-98
Punts-avg. 5-25.2 5-29.2

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...park-37-23
Wayne would come to Central the third week - on Nov. 22, assuming both teams are still alive. Second game likely Bell @ Central and Corbin back at Wayne.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ent_126003

That same weekend, South Warren will likely play @ Tilghman. That matchup likely would come from Wayne defeating Fort Campbell and Tilghman defeating the winner of the Monroe - Trigg Co. game. But Tilghman has a proven track record they can lose at any stage of the playoffs to anyone so don't rent your rooms just yet.

Ft. Campbell is an explosive team which has a lot of trouble stopping anyone. Trigg could easily defeat Monroe and play Tilghman.

The winner of the Central-Wayne game would head west to either Bowling Green or Paducah Nov. 29. South Warren is scary good on D.

If I am in error on the times, feel free to correct.
thanks
thanks
Central still the champs, don't forget it.
Central vs Wayne will be a battle of the Titans.
Central's loss to Doss is hard to understand but losing to Manual and X, two top 6A teams is nothing to be ashamed of. Central is champs until they are beaten on the fields.