Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Male 6 - Louisville Christian Academy 0 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow I bet this was a slobber knocker
Male sit players?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Male sit players?

My thoughts exactly. LCC is having a good season, but they should be a speed bump for Male.
Wow....

If Male played this straight up, CAL could be the 2A team to beat...
I thought this would be a lot bigger difference.
Male's football team saw its hopes for a perfect season spoiled last week by Manual, but the Bulldogs' 6-0 victory over previously unbeaten Christian Academy on Friday night gave them something to cheer about.

Field goals of 22 and 32 yards by Jonah White proved to be the difference for host Male, No. 4 in The Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings, in a defensive battle practically from start to finish.

"I knew it would be a game like this," coach Chris Wolfe said after his Bulldogs (9-1) bounced back from that 32-29 loss to Manual in the Old Rivalry. "I wanted to get points whatever way we could early in the game. CAL was 9-0, they're good and they had a week to get ready for us. We were coming off a devastating loss."

Male received the opening kickoff and marched 68 yards in 14 plays, with White booting his 22-yarder with 5:13 left in the first quarter.

"We ran 52 plays in the first half; that's what we usually run in a whole game," Wolfe said. "CAL ran 15 plays the first half. I've never seen anything like it."

Male went on a 17-play drive to the Centurions' 10 before the defense stiffened, forcing White to kick his 32-yarder to finish the scoring with 8:37 left in the second period.

Male, which will host Oldham County next Friday in the first round of the Class 6-A playoffs, threatened late in the second quarter. That ended when Cal Lewellyn intercepted Davis Mattingly's pass in the end zone on the next-to-last play of the half.

"I knew it would be tough sledding against their defense because of their depth and size up front," CAL coach Stefan LeFors said after his team finished the regular season 9-1 with a Class 2-A district title. "Our defense played a whale of a game. Our defense limited their big plays."

Chad Lewellyn, a big-time college prospect at wide receiver and an older brother of Cal, was held to four catches for 34 yards.

"We knew where No. 13 was all night," Wolfe said. "We had someone wearing a No. 13 jersey in practice all week."

"Male double-teamed Chad, but he made a couple of catches (one for 19 yards) early in the game," LeFors said.

Male unleashed 39 passes -- 32 in the first half -- and Mattingly completed 24 for 238 yards with one interception. Most of the passes were short ones to Ellis Cain and Marque Northington.

"Normally those short passes would turn into big plays, but CAL wouldn't give us the big plays," Wolfe said.

The Centurions reached the Male 25 in the fourth quarter, but a 15-yard offensive pass-interference call set them back to the 40. Three plays later, linebacker Stephen Miller sacked Nathan Christmas for a 9-yard loss.

CAL got to the Male 38 on its last possession, but on fourth down Christmas fumbled the snap and time ran out while players were scrambling for the ball.

Christmas, who had passed for 1,388 yards and 21 TDs in his first nine games, hit on 11 of 19 for 108 yards. He was intercepted by Etonio Palmer early in the second half.

LeFors said Christmas suffered an ankle injury on the last play of the game, but he didn't know the extent of the injury. CAL will have a first-round bye in the 2-A playoffs next week, so Christmas will have two weeks to heal.

Christian Academy 0 0 0 0 - 0
Male 3 3 0 0 - 6

Male - Jonah White 22 FG; Male - White 32 FG.

CAL Male
Total yards 106 347
First downs 10 17
Rushes-yds. 21-2 33-109
Comp-Att-Int 11-19-1 24-39-1
Passing yards 108 238
Fumbles-lost 1-0 1-0
Penalties-yds. 5-60 12-115
Punts-avg. 6-37.0 4-34.0

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...linescores
Male has to play better to keep going in playoffs.