Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 17 Ironton, Oh 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Very solid win raceland
Good win for the Rams. Overall it was a sloppy game on both sides and there were way too many penalties. Ironton was one if te dirtiest teams that I have ever seen. With all if the personal fouls committed by Ironton I was glad to see everyone make it into the playoffs injury free.
Win number 500 all time for Raceland!!!! Pleasantly surprised by this score. I figured a "down" Ironton team would still beat Raceland. Happy to see they are on a roll. Hopefully, Raceland will get over the hump this year and win a regional championship or better.
Congrats Raceland
It's 501 wins we get the Fairveiw game from last year ha ha
^I forgot about that
Good win overall.
Sure could have been a lot worse.
Two times inside the ten without scoring. One Td called back for a clip 40 yards from the play.
Really happy for the shutout!
There was some bad play calling and decision making from the coaches.You can't leave that many points on the field and expect to advance deep into the playoffs.i think the defense has turned the coner.Really impressed with the pass d I know that is not what the tigers do but the rams done a good job with it to night.
Nice to see the 500th win. Very low key victory. Defense looks GREAT. Never breaking, just bending. Thats two games that has held their opponent to less than 100 yds rushing. Offensively we were a bit flat again. But itsnice to see us come out and handle things. We kept our composure. Late hits, face masks, rough game by Ironton. First play Of the game was ended with about a 3 second late hit after the play was over.

On to the playoffs
Congrats to the Rams! Great win!!!!!
Congrats to Rams. Good win going into playoffs.
Nice win for the Rams tonight against a physical Ironton team. Lots of big hits tonight, and as has been said, some after the whistle. Now I've heard people from many schools say that you never get a fair game from the officials at Ironton. I've only watched games there a couple of times. But I had an Ironton parent, who is a friend of mine, tell me they "knew if it was a close game, the refs wouldn't let them win". I don't see everything that happens on the field, but I don't remember a single penalty flag against EITHER team that I thought was bogus. I'm sure mistakes are sometimes made and marginal calls can aggravate the fans, but is this a case of being a sore loser or is officiating that unfair across the river?
Next test will be Pikeville.
I didn't see anything wrong with the play calling. Saw a lack of execution on some of the plays that were called.
RamsFan Wrote:Nice win for the Rams tonight against a physical Ironton team. Lots of big hits tonight, and as has been said, some after the whistle. Now I've heard people from many schools say that you never get a fair game from the officials at Ironton. I've only watched games there a couple of times. But I had an Ironton parent, who is a friend of mine, tell me they "knew if it was a close game, the refs wouldn't let them win". I don't see everything that happens on the field, but I don't remember a single penalty flag against EITHER team that I thought was bogus. I'm sure mistakes are sometimes made and marginal calls can aggravate the fans, but is this a case of being a sore loser or is officiating that unfair across the river?

They (Ironton) can't complain too much about it being close when they put a goose egg on the scoreboard.:eyeroll:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with the play calling. Saw a lack of execution on some of the plays that were called.

The only thing I don't like in the Rams play calling is if it is short yardage lets say 1-3 yds, go under center more and use the oline they are big and strong. I think if they was under center on that 4th and 2 (I think that the yardage towards the baseball end) they would have gotten it Ironton had side line to side line covered.
Get under center on short yardage especially from the 5 yard line.I hate handing the ball off on short yardage to a back standing flat footed 5 yards in the back field.Lets run down hill at the line of scrimmage so if you get hit at the line you might fall forward for one or two yards.I think two times on 4th and one we throw the ball,we didn't have a chance to convert.QB needs to get those quick screen passes down.When the receiver has to leave his feet to make the catch it kills that type of play.i like the rams d it has been lights out sence the LC game.Good win Rams.
I thought Elkins had another very solid game. He had been consistently very good all season. Adam makes great decisions and takes care of the football. His arm strength has improved and he is making some impressive throws this year. IMO he is without a doubt the most improved player on the Rams roster.. The guy just wins games and that's the ultimate stat for a QB.
NoPicks Wrote:I thought Elkins had another very solid game. He had been consistently very good all season. Adam makes great decisions and takes care of the football. His arm strength has improved and he is making some impressive throws this year. IMO he is without a doubt the most improved player on the Rams roster.. The guy just wins games and that's the ultimate stat for a QB.

I think he is the best Qb in the area. And that says alot about how much he has improved. I look for Raceland to atleast make the regional final. And If they beat pikeville. Then they should beat either hazard or Williamsburg to get to state. IMO Raceland pikeville and mayfield are the 3 legit contenders in 1A.
Pikeville is 3 weeks away. That is all we need to know about the east at this point.
I think the Raceland/Pikeville game, IF IT HAPPENS, will be one of thebest games i the state all year. It will surely come down to Racelands defense against Pikevilles offense. Raceland showed against Ironton that they do not hae to score alot to win a ball game. Raceland's defense is a power house right now. The linebackers have improved incredibly and Dixon and Young have turned in steller work at the corner position. Goina be an interesting couple of weeks. Imo though, its Mayfield, Pikeville, or Raceland in the Championship game. Again, tht is IF they even meet. We all saw what hapoen to Raceland in rnd 2 last year.
Does Ironton play more KY teams than OH teams in the regular season?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Does Ironton play more KY teams than OH teams in the regular season?

No.

^
Close enough.
Assuming they have to play conference or district games, then yes, there non conference consist of more.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Close enough.
Assuming they have to play conference or district games, then yes, there non conference consist of more.
They are not in a conference. They play an independent schedule.
You shouldn't assume.