Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonburg 20 Lawrence Co. 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lawrence Co. Continues to turn the ball over week after week. To night they had 6 turn overs and it cost them big. Not to take anything away from the Blackcats they wanted this game and they played hard and comes away with the Win. LC is back peddling into the play offs not where you want to be. Good luck to both team going into round one of the play offs.
congrats to pburg.
Congratulations, Blackcats!
Great game by both teams. Glad to see the Blackcats get the win. Hope the Bulldog lineman who went down with what looked a knee injury is okay and playoff ready by next week.
Congrats to Prestonsburg.
The LC defense seems to have improved a little. For a team to have 7 turnovers in a game and only lose by 6 is almost unbelievable. That makes 25 turnovers in the last 5 games. The bye week had LC sluggish and very unprepared. Pburg on the other hand was fired up and looking to play some football and like all Blackcat teams they did not quit.
No surprise here.
Big win for Pburg.
Whew...

A fairly obvious missed call, then each team got a bit chippy. The game was close to getting away from the officials early.

Nice job with the play calls for the Blackcats through most of the game. Jarrell put a lump in my throat on that lame duck throw on 4th down with a minute left...SCARY !

We -really- need to kick a FG there. It's not much more than a PAT and LOTS less risky than forcing a pass in desperation !!
Are you kidding me?!?!??!
Freaking pickem choke.
Very nice win for Prestonsburg. This team should have a ton of confidence heading into the playoffs against Lexington Christian.

Congrats Blackcats!
Congrats P'burg
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Are you kidding me?!?!??!
Freaking pickem choke.

I assume you picked the Bulldogs... :dontthink
OffTheHook Wrote:No surprise here.

It actually WAS a surprise to me. Not so much that the Black Cats won, but impressively, too. I was getting updates on this game while watching the refs maul the Black Bears, and it sounded to me like Prestonsburg dominated through the whole game.

So congratulations Black Cats!! Big victory!!
Why do so many leave the "s" out of Prestonsburg (subject header)?!?

No one writes "Paintville", "Pikesville", or "Louiza"... Why is "Prestonsburg" so hard to remember ?!?

:igiveup:Confusedhh:Confusednicker:
I just edited my post. I got all the sssses, but left out the r!!!

Prestonsbug!
Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:I just edited my post. I got all the sssses, but left out the r!!!

Prestonsbug!
Wink

LOL !!! That doesn't "bug" me nearly as badly... Confusednicker:
^
that was bad onijoe!!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:It actually WAS a surprise to me. Not so much that the Black Cats won, but impressively, too. I was getting updates on this game while watching the refs maul the Black Bears, and it sounded to me like Prestonsburg dominated through the whole game.

So congratulations Black Cats!! Big victory!!

No, I wouldn't say the Blackcats "dominated" as much as "controlled the game through field position". Prestonsburg did a nice job in forcing Lawrence Co. to start drives deep in their own end. It was a good hard-hitting game.

The Bulldogs had some good looking drives. One led to their 2nd score. Three of the six LC fumbles were related to hitting the ball-carrier right at the belly exchange. One was QB pitching too late and the RB getting too far ahead (that one happened late and really hurt the Dawgs). One was a fumbled KO return (just before end of 1st half). And the last one was an out-an-out strip of the ball.

Prestonsburg was hurt by penalties. One was a no call on an obvious block-in-the-back on an early breakout Bulldog TD run. The Blackcats messed up a number of drives with holding penalties and had one TD called back. P-burg overall moved the ball fairly efficiently, however.

Both defenses made the other offense earn whatever it got...
Well, that sounds more like it. I was getting texts from #1 BlackCatFan...you know how he is!
Confusednicker:
oneijoe Wrote:Why do so many leave the "s" out of Prestonsburg (subject header)?!?

No one writes "Paintville", "Pikesville", or "Louiza"... Why is "Prestonsburg" so hard to remember ?!?

:igiveup:Confusedhh:Confusednicker:
Sorry bout that oneI my 8th grade education allows me to fall short sometimes. So just and try to bear with me I just try and post a game that wasn't getting much attention on BGR Friday night
I also picked LC.
Dawg Family Wrote:Sorry bout that oneI my 8th grade education allows me to fall short sometimes. So just and try to bear with me I just try and post a game that wasn't getting much attention on BGR Friday night

lol.... it isn't only you, friend Dawg. Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, that sounds more like it. I was getting texts from #1 BlackCatFan...you know how he is!
Confusednicker:

Hey now, I was just giving you a score update. :igiveup:

Oneijoe said it best above concerning the game.