Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Derek Willis Gets His Moment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the last three years I had the opportunity to watch Derek Willis play nearly every game of his high school career. What thousands of people saw in the University Of Kentuckys Blue-White game was exactly what we came to expect from Willis anytime he took the floor at Bullitt East. He has been through some difficult personal issues as well as a puzzling freefall in the national player rankings recently which caused many people to question his abilities. Willis is a good kid who has kept his eyes on the prize and continued to work diligently regardless of the naysayers! Glad to see that the rest of the state is seeing why we love to watch this kid play ball!
Willis is lighting it up right now! I think he could be one of the greats to come from the state!!!
I love to see the in state boys succeed.
Willis ability to shoot the ball from the 4 spot makes him a huge asset. He will give what Wiltjer did to the 2012 team but with much better feet.