Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Red Sox 2013 Champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to bean town!

Thoughts?
Glad to see the cards loose!!!! congrats to red sox!!! And MVP Big Pappi
Happy as long as the Cardinals aint winnin.
I didn't even watch....
^ I didn't either. Thank heaven baseball is over.
Stardust Wrote:I didn't even watch....

Booh :biggrin:

Did you end up selling your ticket?
Love the Red Sox. Any time the Yankees suck and are not a factor then I am a happy man. Yankees are such an eye sore with their gay pin stripes and all.
Red Sox have become another evil empire just like the Yankees. Bringing high dollar free agents in every season. Baseball is not an even playing field with huge disparity in teams payrolls.
E's Army Wrote:Red Sox have become another evil empire just like the Yankees. Bringing high dollar free agents in every season. Baseball is not an even playing field with huge disparity in teams payrolls.

The Red Sox traded all of those high dollar free agents to the Dodgers last year. Did you watch any games this year?
E's Army Wrote:Red Sox have become another evil empire just like the Yankees. Bringing high dollar free agents in every season. Baseball is not an even playing field with huge disparity in teams payrolls.

Dustin Pedroia, Xander Bogaerts, Will Middlebrooks, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, Felix Doubront, Daniel Nava and Junichi Tazawa were all home grown.

Jared Saltalamacchia and Jake Peavey were brought in via trades.

David Ortiz was claimed off of the scrap heap back in 2003 when no one wanted him.

Shane Victorino, Jonny Gomes and Stephen Drew were not exactly big name free agents.

The Red Sox spent $78 million less than the Yankees this season and $66 million less than the Dodgers.