Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Searching for Belfry Pirate Vids, Photos, Documents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats up BGR,

I have decided to undertake a huge task and that is to put together an online archive of Belfry Pirate football. It has been tried before but not by someone as meticulous as I am. I plan to search every nook and cranny for data and I figure BGR may be a good place to reach out.

I am looking for videos, Photos, News Paper Articles/Clippings, Rosters, Stats, etc. From all years, You name it, I want it, even the most obscure.

This doesn't have to come from just Belfry fans. If you have anything in that has the Pirates in it and don't mind to share it please let me know in a pm and I will give you my email address to send it to.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Whats up BGR,

I have decided to undertake a huge task and that is to put together an online archive of Belfry Pirate football. It has been tried before but not by someone as meticulous as I am. I plan to search every nook and cranny for data and I figure BGR may be a good place to reach out.

I am looking for videos, Photos, News Paper Articles/Clippings, Rosters, Stats, etc. From all years, You name it, I want it, even the most obscure.

This doesn't have to come from just Belfry fans. If you have anything in that has the Pirates in it and don't mind to share it please let me know in a pm and I will give you my email address to send it to.

I have always wondered if WPRG kept their game videos. There have been numerous Belfry games broadcast on WPRG's tape delay over the years and usually they are the bigger games and playoff games.

Panther Thunder may have access to some old Belfry/Pikeville games on film.

The Williamson Daily News actually has a surprising number of hits on Google for old archived sports articles. I have found some old game write ups and old AP Polls on there before playing around.
Here are some photos from the Garrard/Belfry a couple good ones that I think
you will enjoy.

[attachment=o2892]

[attachment=o2893]

[attachment=o2894]

[attachment=o2895]

[attachment=o2896]
Nice photos.
3 More:
[attachment=o2897]

[attachment=o2898]

[attachment=o2899]
Awesome JW914, really appreciate it

edit: Great pictures! Props to the photographer
Found some more in another folder:

[attachment=o2900]

[attachment=o2901]

[attachment=o2902]

[attachment=o2903]

[attachment=o2904]
JW914, I really enjoyed that game at Garrard that year. You all were great host.
These were from the 2011 Semi-State game at Garrard. I got them from the Advocate
Messenger out of Danville. Here is the photo link: http://amnews.mycapture.com/mycapture/fo...ryID=69084

Link to WLEX18: http://www.lex18.com/news/garrard-co-rea...inal-game/
Crossbones Wrote:JW914, I really enjoyed that game at Garrard that year. You all were great host.

Thanks!!! We enjoyed having you!! I look forward to the day that we get
to visit your place!!! That is when the Garrard community learned about
Belfry, Belfry Pride and Belfry Football... Belfry won our hearts and earned
our respect both for the community and the football program... Class Act!

But, you have to admit the concessions sucked.......
jw4914 Wrote:Thanks!!! We enjoyed having you!! I look forward to the day that we get
to visit your place!!! That is when the Garrard community learned about
Belfry, Belfry Pride and Belfry Football... Belfry won our hearts and earned
our respect both for the community and the football program... Class Act!

But, you have to admit the concessions sucked.......

lol..I actually didnt think it was too bad. Enjoyed everything about our trip, with the exception of getting charged twice because I had to go back out to get blankets for kids. But it was all good. Hope to see you all get to make the trip to CAM one day. I'm sure you will be impressed with the stadium. We are blessed as a community to have it.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Whats up BGR,

try to get with CC,he does the films the games for Belfry,when i 1st moved from there the 1st 2 yrs,he sent me cd of all the games,i think it cost me like 100 for all 15 games per yr
Played for Russell in the 80's. I can see what old info I have as far as clippings are concerned.
thanks guys!

cuppett I would love to get my hands on CC's entire collection, not packing that kind of dough hehe
Hey, just a thought,,, KHSAA has schedules and scores back to 1998. Use the away
games to search that areas papers will help in narrowing your search efforts.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:thanks guys!

cuppett I would love to get my hands on CC's entire collection, not packing that kind of dough hehe

maybe tell him what u want to do,and maybe borrow them and send them back,wouldnt hurt to ask...
I have game scores of all Prestonsburg games since 1925. Of course, these include the games vs. the Pirates (1st game between the two teams was played in 1930).

I'd sent a copy of the scores post-1950 to all-star Belfry fan Watusi (from -other- site), I think, a few years ago...