Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Transfers and Key Losses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What teams got the biggest transfers that could make a big impact and what teams suffered the biggest losses from losing a transfer ?
Paul Blazer got hurt with Dixon leaving, big hole in the middle for sure.
Henry Clay lost 3 from what I hear 1 to prep school, 1 to Cordia, and 1 to Scott County.
Scott County picked up a 7 footer from North Carolina to go with a good returning class.
Corida has a completely new roster.
PCC has added a couple of athletes to go with Beverly and Johnson.
Going to be interesting to see if team chemistry can be developed, Calipari is not coaching at either of those schools.
Trevor Hill leaving Corbin is a big loss. Lot of minutes wasted on him the last two years.
ELIZABETHTOWN
- Junior center Zane Najdawi moved to Virginia

NORTH HARDIN
- Guard Tyronn King went to a prep school
- Forward Khalil Rasheed moved to Danville, ILLINOIS

THOMAS NELSON
- Gained forward Kevin Ndahiro, who was never cleared last season by KHSAA after "moving" from Canada
- Gained 6-7 Forward Dikembe Dixson from Ashland Blazer
- Gained Montrell Dixson from Ashland Blazer

IIRC, out of Thomas Nelson's projected starting five, only ONE would have lived in Nelson County just three years ago
Thomas Nelson should be an extremely improved team this upcoming season
cksportsfan Wrote:ELIZABETHTOWN
- Junior center Zane Najdawi moved to Virginia

NORTH HARDIN
- Guard Tyronn King went to a prep school
- Forward Khalil Rasheed moved to Danville, ILLINOIS

THOMAS NELSON
- Gained forward Kevin Ndahiro, who was never cleared last season by KHSAA after "moving" from Canada
- Gained 6-7 Forward Dikembe Dixson from Ashland Blazer
- Gained Montrell Dixson from Ashland Blazer

IIRC, out of Thomas Nelson's projected starting five, only ONE would have lived in Nelson County just three years ago

They are more of a "homegrown" team than other teams in the state.
E's Army Wrote:Trevor Hill leaving Corbin is a big loss. Lot of minutes wasted on him the last two years.

He was getting very valuable varsity minutes as an 8th grader and was a starter for the most part last year as a freshman. I know of a couple of players who left the team because they thought they were being bypassed, and like you said a lot of minutes that could have been used developing another kid. Coach P probably did what he thought he had to do to keep the parents happy and the kid at Corbin. because the possibility of his leaving had been out there a couple of years.
Lex Christian is another team who greatly benefited from the transfer train
I wouldn't think Petrowski was trying to keep anyone happy. Just playing who he thought was the best players. But I don't think Hill is a great loss. Was a solid player, but they can replace him.
Patch Wrote:Paul Blazer got hurt with Dixon leaving, big hole in the middle for sure.

As they say, "Live by the recruit, die by the recruit". When "stipends" cease, transfers occur.
Paintsville will return only Trimble and Hensley that saw any considerable action last year.
^They also return Collins and Luke Daniels. Who played quite a bit last season and had quite a few starts between them.
In the 13th region:
Clay County lost 4 Sr starters. Bowling, Reed, Lyttle and Rice. 4 of the most unselfish, hardworking seniors to play for CC in a long time. The Tigers gained 3 transfers, all with CC ties. NL star Jake Allen, Trey Farmer (yes, Richie's son), and Ryan House.
Jackson County only lost 1 Sr. Steven "Soft Serve" Wagers who transferred from Clay is now gone. They gained a good replacement in Collier from Pulaski Southwestern.
Corbin lost their "star" player Trevor Hill to Brad Calipari and LCA. This will be hard for the Redhounds to overcome and be a factor in district let alone region.
North Laurel probably lost the most. They lost 6'8 Allen to Clay, 6'6 Rush, speedy guard Marcus Carson, and probably the most clutch performer in the region the last two yrs Kenndrick Henson.
Harlan County lost their dream team and star 6'5 jr, Miller but somehow are still a great team. JV ball apparently means a lot lol.

Any other big time transfers or moves in the 13th that anyone knows about?
OffTheHook Wrote:^They also return Collins and Luke Daniels. Who played quite a bit last season and had quite a few starts between them.

I'll give you Daniels. He's a good player. But, Collins is a one-dimensional liability. I know that's harsh criticism, but that kid needs to prove he will guard and rebound.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:In the 13th region:
Clay County lost 4 Sr starters. Bowling, Reed, Lyttle and Rice. 4 of the most unselfish, hardworking seniors to play for CC in a long time. The Tigers gained 3 transfers, all with CC ties. NL star Jake Allen, Trey Farmer (yes, Richie's son), and Ryan House.
Jackson County only lost 1 Sr. Steven "Soft Serve" Wagers who transferred from Clay is now gone. They gained a good replacement in Collier from Pulaski Southwestern.
Corbin lost their "star" player Trevor Hill to Brad Calipari and LCA. This will be hard for the Redhounds to overcome and be a factor in district let alone region.
North Laurel probably lost the most. They lost 6'8 Allen to Clay, 6'6 Rush, speedy guard Marcus Carson, and probably the most clutch performer in the region the last two yrs Kenndrick Henson.
Harlan County lost their dream team and star 6'5 jr, Miller but somehow are still a great team. JV ball apparently means a lot lol.

Any other big time transfers or moves in the 13th that anyone knows about?

It's good that Harlan County has provided some comic relief for you.
How many wins do you expect from last year's JV team? Five or six?
Looking at HC's grueling schedule, I'd say they'll go about 18-13 with a first round loss in district.
A JV team is going to win 18 varsity games? That doesn't sound like it deserves an LOL.
That many wins will usually put you among the region's top five to seven teams.
I think it is a shame that KHSAA let's this KRAP go on! They should have to sit a year unless the "ACTUALLY move. Evan that rule is a shame. Anyone can rent an apartment! Evan a booster! It happens all the time. As a matter of fact I know it does!

Although if a player doesn't like the coach??? What do you guys think? Some coaches are impossible to play for! Most kids love the game for the game itself! It's not life or death. It is to some coaches. AE $/() @&$;: ( shall remain nameless) but they have lost several players over the past couple of years!
Ashland will definitely be hurting with the loss of Dixon but it will give someone else a chance to stand up. Not sure what they have in the younger classes but they will be be far less explosive.
I just think you transfer you sit a year no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn:
Zane Blair has decided not to play basketball at Letcher Central to concentrate on preparing for baseball this spring, and football again in the fall. Big hit for the cougars. Don't know who our players will be.
Mountain Boy Wrote:I'll give you Daniels. He's a good player. But, Collins is a one-dimensional liability. I know that's harsh criticism, but that kid needs to prove he will guard and rebound.

I agree. But, man. When that one dimension is on.....It's on....LOL.