Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christian Academy-Louisville @ Male 11/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CAL will try to complete their undefeated season Friday night at Male, who is coming off of their first loss of the year at Manual.

Any thoughts or predictions?
CAL will take their first loss of the season, as I hope does Caldwell.
Male.
Male big in this one :thatsfunn
Playing at a Class 2-A high school in Louisiana, Stefan LeFors relished the rare opportunity to play against the state's largest 5-A squads.

Now the coach at Class 2-A Christian Academy, LeFors believes his team will have the same attitude when it faces Class 6-A Male.

"When we were playing, we'd always say, 'I'm good enough to play at the 5-A schools, and I wish we could play them,' " LeFors said. "Our kids can't say that. They have that chance. Let's go be one of them."

CAL (9-0) will put its perfect record on the line at 7:30 p.m. tonight when it travels to Male (8-1), which is No. 4 in the state in The Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings.

The Centurions are among 13 undefeated teams left in Kentucky and join Caldwell County (9-0) as the only unbeaten teams in Class 2-A.

LeFors knows that perfect mark is in jeopardy against Male.

"They're hands down the best team we'll see all year," LeFors said. "They have size and strength and speed to play with."

Christian Academy was off last week after beating DeSales 27-24 on Oct. 18, a victory that clinched the Class 2-A, District Four title.

The Centurions also will have a first-round bye in the playoffs next week, meaning Male will be their only opponent in a three-week span.

"We have no reason to save anything because we'll have a full week to rest up," LeFors said. "We'll treat it like any other week, and our kids understand it's not a meaningless game. ... You don't know how many chances you'll get against the big boys. Why not go out there and play your hardest?"

CAL got its first win over a 6-A program earlier this season, beating Eastern 36-19 on Aug. 30.

The Centurions' offense is led by the "Big Three" of quarterback Nathan Christmas (1,383 passing yards, 21 touchdowns), receiver Chad Lewellyn (41 catches, 630 yards, 10 TDs) and running back Nick Payne (649 yards, 11 TDs).

Male coach Chris Wolfe is especially impressed with Lewellyn.

"My goodness, he could start for anybody in our district and be a top player," Wolfe said. "We have to control him and limit his touches because he can make the big play."

Male is coming off a 32-29 loss to Manual, one that left Wolfe searching for answers.

"It's been a tough week, no question about it," he said. "It's been a hard week for me coaching-wise, to try to find the right buttons to push and the right things to say. Ultimately, the kids have realized that everything they want is still in front of them."

Wolfe said his biggest concern was a run defense that allowed Manual to post 287 rushing yards. Michael Nero carried 27 times for 233 yards and three touchdowns.

Wolfe said he's made adjustments this week, both with personnel and schemes.

"We broke down the Manual game and St. Xavier games, and there were a combined 73 running plays," Wolfe said "We pinpointed what needed to be changed. Certainly that will be our biggest hindrance going forward and our biggest opportunity to get better."

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...ainst-male