Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Grayson Co. @ Russell Co. 11/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Lakers welcome the Cougars Friday night for senior night. The Lakers are coming off a big 33-0 win over Knox Central to win their second straight district title. I am not sure what to expect out of Grayson. The cougars won 9 ball games last year as a 5A school but come in this year with a record of 4-5. The lakers need to just keep hitting on all cylinders to prepare themselves for the playoffs.
I like the lakers at home.,Hope we can cut down on some of the penelties, other than that, im pretty satisfied with the way there playing right now.
rc58 Wrote:I like the lakers at home.,Hope we can cut down on some of the penelties, other than that, im pretty satisfied with the way there playing right now.

The penalties we have had though have not been from being sloppy or confused. They have come from our guys being a little over zealous trying to finish a play. Our guys are playing as hard as I have ever seen them play.
The Lakers should have no trouble with Grayson County. They aren't very good this year.
Russell Co
Russell County by 10.
I think the Lakers will take care of business Friday night. Grayson is certainly down compared to last years team, but they should have a few athletes to match up with some of ours. Should be a good game to prepare for the playoffs. Still need to work on the passing game, just missing too many underneath routes going for the big play. It seems some of our down field passes are just thrown up for grabs, and many times there are wide open options for short games.

On defense we need to concentrate on defending the pass. If we make it to round two we will be facing one of the best passing games in 4A.

Most importantly......no injuries against a non-district Senior night opponent.
Stop the run and you will beat Grayson. Simple as that.
hoss403 Wrote:Stop the run and you will beat Grayson. Simple as that.

That is what this Laker team does best. I wish Grayson were a passing team. I agree with Laker20 that our pass defense needs to be tested. We are good however at making plays on the ball when people try to pass on us. I hate when we go to the nickel defense after our base defense has gotten a team in third and long. Several times the nickel has given up big first downs. I think we have to get pressure on the quarterback and it is hard to do that with one d-lineman and two ends ( nickel). I also don't think it is a coincidence that many of our interceptions have come when our quicker d-linemen are in the game getting after the quarterback.
Russell co 42
Grayson co 18
Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh: