Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Belfry bring a title to the mountains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At this point in the season I would say yes. They have a bunch of talent and can compete with anyone in that class. The Johnson Central game might get ugly for Belfry but I don't think they'll meet anyone that good in the playoffs. Central is tough this year.
I believe this is their year.
Best chance they have had in a while. They gotta beat PT though.
I wouldn't count belfry out in the playoffs, this isn't their first rodeo
Who said anything about counting them out in the playoffs? If they meet PT it will be at BG.
I'd say at this point, they'd have to be considered the 3A favorites, with Central being down this season. I predict Wayne County vs Belfry in BG.
Belfry spoiled Middlesboros state championship dreams 2 years in a row but truth is truth. Belfry can bring one home
Until Central is beaten, down or not, I gotta go with Central to make it back to BG.

I think Belfry brings home the title this season!!!
Jumper Dad Wrote:Until Central is beaten, down or not, I gotta go with Central to make it back to BG.

I think Belfry brings home the title this season!!!

Exactly! They've yet to be beat by a 3A team and lost to Manual by a small margin. The same Louisville Manual that just beat Male, who had previously beaten Trinity and St. x in consecutive weeks.

Central isn't down they just have a tougher schedule year in and year out that happens to be in their backyard.
I think everyone has forgotten about Bourbon Co. And they have home field throughout the playoffs.
Leonidas Wrote:Exactly! They've yet to be beat by a 3A team and lost to Manual by a small margin. The same Louisville Manual that just beat Male, who had previously beaten Trinity and St. x in consecutive weeks.

Central isn't down they just have a tougher schedule year in and year out that happens to be in their backyard.

Central has to be the favorite. They have played arguably the most difficult schedule in 3A, which has led to the perception of them being down, but I would say they are battle tested instead.
It is my sense that a 3A finalist will not come from the far western part of the state. On paper, both South Warren and Wayne look awful tough. The flaw in predicting is that teams are often very different when they get to the playoffs than when they started the year. You cant measure heart. Some teams rise to the occasion. Some wither. Central does not wither. Those kids come from Louisville's west end. Do you really think a three hour bus ride or a hostile crowd flusters them?
Central is battle tested, that is why the are the favorite. No 3A team in KY has the kahonas to play that kind of competition. Belfry can do it BUT I have to give Central the advantage. Bourbon County could possibly upset Belfry though, I think they are probably about even on paper.
If Belfry continues to have Long stretches of sleep walking/braindead football they will be lucky to even make it to Bowling Green.

The best bet for bringing a title to the mountains this year is Johnson Central. If they just somehow find a way to get over that Highlands mountain they are IMHO clearly the second best team in 4A.
Central lost to Doss.

Believe me. I live in Louisville. That is not a sign of quality.
If Belfry don't get their heads straight then no they wont win the state. I have never seen a Belfry team play as this years team does. Seems at times that they are lost and then wake up. But yes they are more than capable of winning state if they get it together. I am for sure pulling for Belfry to win the state!! But got to say I hope they get it together after the JC game.
eagle 777 Wrote:If Belfry don't get their heads straight then no they wont win the state. I have never seen a Belfry team play as this years team does. Seems at times that they are lost and then wake up. But yes they are more than capable of winning state if they get it together. I am for sure pulling for Belfry to win the state!! But got to say I hope they get it together after the JC game.

I would prefer they wait until after the JC game to REALLY get it together...just my personal preference...
Absolutely. Belfry always brings talent and heart to the field. If they want it badly enough, there's no stopping them!
Not a lot is known downstate about Bourbon Co., but I expect we will be hearing more.

Inquiring minds will get insight about the 3A playoffs in the west from watching the South Warren - Russellville game Friday. If SW falters, things could get interesting.
How do you feel after the Central game? I still believe the Pirates can do it this year.
3A has several teams that can win this year. Belfry is definetly one who could take home the big trophy. Central is getting into playoff form. Wayne County and Paducah Tilghman are also very good teams. Bourbon County thinks they have the horses this year.