Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 4A Playoff Pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Region 1

(D1, 4 Seed) HOPKINS COUNTY CENTRAL @ (D2, 1 Seed) FRANKLIN-SIMPSON
(D2, 3 Seed) ALLEN COUNTY-SCOTTSVILLE @ (D1, 2 Seed) MADISONVILLE NOTH-HOPKINS
(D1, 3 Seed) CALLOWAY COUNTY @ (D2, 2 Seed) WARREN EAST
(D2, 4 Seed) BRECKINRIDGE COUNTY @ (D1, 1 Seed) OWENSBORO

[B][U]Region 2

[/U]
[/B](D3, 4 Seed) WAGGENER @ (D4, 1 Seed) WESTERN
(D4, 3 Seed0 DOSS @ (D3, 2 Seed) NORTH OLDHAM
(D3, 3 Seed) SPENCER COUNTY @ (D4, 2 Seed) NELSON COUNTY
(D4, 4 Seed) MOORE @ (D3, 1 Seed) COLLINS

[B]Region 3

[/B](D5, 4 Seed) MARION COUNTY @ (D6, 1 Seed) RUSSELL COUNTY
(D6, 3 Seed) ROCKCASTLE COUNTY @ (D5, 2 Seed) LEXINGTON CATHOLIC
(D5, 3 Seed) MERCER COUNTY @ (D6, 2 Seed) KNOX CENTRAL
(D6, 4 Seed) CLAY COUNTY @ (D5, 1 Seed) BOYLE COUNTY

[B]Region 4

[/B](D7, 4 Seed) HARRISON COUNTY @ (D8, 1 Seed) JOHNSON CENTRAL
(D8, 3 Seed) ROWAN COUNTY @ (D7, 2 Seed) COVINGTON CATHOLIC
(D7, 3 Seed) HOLMES @ (D8, 2 Seed) ASHLAND
(D8, 4 Seed) BOYD COUNTY @ (D7, 1 Seed) HIGHLANDS
Strikeout King Wrote:
Region 1

(D1, 4 Seed) HOPKINS COUNTY CENTRAL @ (D2, 1 Seed) FRANKLIN-SIMPSON
(D2, 3 Seed) ALLEN COUNTY-SCOTTSVILLE @ (D1, 2 Seed) MADISONVILLE NOTH-HOPKINS
(D1, 3 Seed) CALLOWAY COUNTY @ (D2, 2 Seed) WARREN EAST
(D2, 4 Seed) BRECKINRIDGE COUNTY @ (D1, 1 Seed) OWENSBORO

[B][U]Region 2

[/U]
[/B](D3, 4 Seed) WAGGENER @ (D4, 1 Seed) WESTERN
(D4, 3 Seed0 DOSS @ (D3, 2 Seed) NORTH OLDHAM
(D3, 3 Seed) SPENCER COUNTY @ (D4, 2 Seed) NELSON COUNTY
(D4, 4 Seed) MOORE @ (D3, 1 Seed) COLLINS

[B]Region 3

[/B](D5, 4 Seed) MARION COUNTY @ (D6, 1 Seed) RUSSELL COUNTY
(D6, 3 Seed) ROCKCASTLE COUNTY @ (D5, 2 Seed) LEXINGTON CATHOLIC
(D5, 3 Seed) MERCER COUNTY @ (D6, 2 Seed) KNOX CENTRAL
(D6, 4 Seed) CLAY COUNTY @ (D5, 1 Seed) BOYLE COUNTY

[B]Region 4

[/B](D7, 4 Seed) HARRISON COUNTY @ (D8, 1 Seed) JOHNSON CENTRAL
(D8, 3 Seed) ROWAN COUNTY @ (D7, 2 Seed) COVINGTON CATHOLIC
(D7, 3 Seed) HOLMES @ (D8, 2 Seed) ASHLAND
(D8, 4 Seed) BOYD COUNTY @ (D7, 1 Seed) HIGHLANDS

Region 4....
Johnson Central
Cov. Cath
Ashland
Highlands
The Highlands vs. Boyd County game could be the biggest point spread difference in the history of the Khsaa playoffs.
Region 4 will be very entertaining, no doubt highlands comes out on top, Highlands 4a State Champs
I wish we cold go back with the top two teams in each region . do away with 4 team playoff ,
Region 3
Russell County
Lex Catholic
Knox Central
Boyle County
Boyle County vs. Lex Catholic part II regional finals....
FBfan4life Wrote:Region 3
Russell County
Lex Catholic
Knox Central
Boyle County
Boyle County vs. Lex Catholic part II regional finals....

This will be a very fun game to watch.
IF there is to be a rematch, the Knights will have to come to Russell County and beat a very solid Laker team. In many ways this Laker squad is a more complete team than last year's. Being overlooked and not given a chance against the "big boys" of 4A only fuels our boys to play harder! You may get your rematch but there are more than 2 horses in this race!

Anchor Down
sstack Wrote:[/COLOR]

This will be a very fun game to watch.

If I am not mistaken and correct me if Im wrong.... Boyle County and Lex Catholic has been playing for the regional championship for at least the last 5 season. Probably more in the last decade.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:IF there is to be a rematch, the Knights will have to come to Russell County and beat a very solid Laker team. In many ways this Laker squad is a more complete team than last year's. Being overlooked and not given a chance against the "big boys" of 4A only fuels our boys to play harder! You may get your rematch but there are more than 2 horses in this race!

Anchor Down

Whoa Whoa, Am I not entitle to my opinion here? You are too, but the reason that might not happen cause history tell us different. Couple of years ago, did you not go undefeated with all the great athletes and players you all had and lost in the first round? You all thought that was the year to take it to the next level. Last season, not as good as the season before, you all ran into a buzsaw... BIG BAD Boyle Co. And history tells us that Boyle Co/ Lex Cath has been playing for the regional championship for at least the 5 season, possible more in the last decade. So go ahead and form your opinion, cause you are entitle:welcome: to and let the teams play it out:1:
PreacherVol71 Wrote:IF there is to be a rematch, the Knights will have to come to Russell County and beat a very solid Laker team. In many ways this Laker squad is a more complete team than last year's. Being overlooked and not given a chance against the "big boys" of 4A only fuels our boys to play harder! You may get your rematch but there are more than 2 horses in this race!

Anchor Down

The reason the Lakers are being "overlooked" is because they have given no one a reason to see them as a threat. Yeah they are 8-1, but their schedule is a joke. Just about anyone would be 8-1 and think they are good playing against that level of competition.
I make no excuses for our schedule. It is what it is! Two years ago we were 9-1 in the regular season and we "overlooked" Mercer, got some bad bounces and lost in the first round. Last year after starting 11-0, we played Boyle in a very close game in which Boyle contained our star running back and we didn't find another option ( Our defense played well enough to win that game). This year we are 8-1 so far with our loss being to Pulaski who is ranked #2 in 5A. FBfan4life is right, it will all be played out on the field. He is also right that everyone is entitled to their opinion and to share it on here for that matter. It is my OPINION that you should not book the Lex. Cath / Boyle rematch just yet.
FBfan4life Wrote:Whoa Whoa, Am I not entitle to my opinion here? You are too, but the reason that might not happen cause history tell us different. Couple of years ago, did you not go undefeated with all the great athletes and players you all had and lost in the first round? You all thought that was the year to take it to the next level. Last season, not as good as the season before, you all ran into a buzsaw... BIG BAD Boyle Co. And history tells us that Boyle Co/ Lex Cath has been playing for the regional championship for at least the 5 season, possible more in the last decade. So go ahead and form your opinion, cause you are entitle:welcome: to and let the teams play it out:1:

In your opinion last year you said Russell County couldn't play defense. Buzz saw Boyle scored a whopping 14 points against that team that couldn't play defense. Sure, Boyle won the game, but not like the confident predictor's said they would. John Hardin was the only other team to hold them to 14 points. Not bad for a team that got their schedule made fun of last year also.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I make no excuses for our schedule. It is what it is! Two years ago we were 9-1 in the regular season and we "overlooked" Mercer, got some bad bounces and lost in the first round. Last year after starting 11-0, we played Boyle in a very close game in which Boyle contained our star running back and we didn't find another option ( Our defense played well enough to win that game). This year we are 8-1 so far with our loss being to Pulaski who is ranked #2 in 5A. FBfan4life is right, it will all be played out on the field. He is also right that everyone is entitled to their opinion and to share it on here for that matter. It is my OPINION that you should not book the Lex. Cath / Boyle rematch just yet.

No disrespect to the Laker fans but I believe what FB is trying to say is, "to be somebody you got to beat somebody". Play the Knights or Rebels close all you want, but until the Lakers win a game in the 2nd or 3rd round they will continue to be "overlooked". Trust when I say no one is "overlooking" Russell County. They are a solid team and I'm sure you get my overall point. Good luck to RC!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I make no excuses for our schedule. It is what it is! Two years ago we were 9-1 in the regular season and we "overlooked" Mercer, got some bad bounces and lost in the first round. Last year after starting 11-0, we played Boyle in a very close game in which Boyle contained our star running back and we didn't find another option ( Our defense played well enough to win that game). This year we are 8-1 so far with our loss being to Pulaski who is ranked #2 in 5A. FBfan4life is right, it will all be played out on the field. He is also right that everyone is entitled to their opinion and to share it on here for that matter. It is my OPINION that you should not book the Lex. Cath / Boyle rematch just yet.

Thank you sir, I respect that. Unlike some others on other threads where everyone's team is better than others and no viable reasoning other than just being a HOMIE to their team. You and I and others here have form our opinions and that is just that OPINION. Cause you and I do not suit up on Friday night. We are just fans that loves to watch football. Good luck Lakers. Come out victorious, heck who know perhaps going far enough to meet up and upset the MIGHTY BLUE BIRDS:rockon:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Region 4....
Johnson Central
Cov. Cath
Ashland
Highlands

I wouldn't mark Ashland down in ink, but the others are pretty safe bets.
Look out for Mercer. That is a team that's been getting better and could get hot
Not sure Knox beats Mercer but who knows. I personally don't think Russell C. is as good as last year but that's just my opinion. Boyle's OLine is good enough to beat LexCath again I think but I don't think they can beat Highlands unless they've got more to show. But thats why you play them I guess.
Region 3:

Russell County
Lexington Catholic
Mercer County
Boyle County

I believe these 4 teams advance. The winner of Knox Central and Mercer County plays Boyle County, correct?
BoyleCounty Wrote:Region 3:

Russell County
Lexington Catholic
Mercer County
Boyle County

I believe these 4 teams advance. The winner of Knox Central and Mercer County plays Boyle County, correct?

Yes, and I agee with your picks.
laker20 Wrote:Yes, and I agee with your picks.

Well I certainly hope the Lakers beat Lexington Catholic in round 2. That way history doesn't repeat itself. :Thumbs:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Well I certainly hope the Lakers beat Lexington Catholic in round 2. That way history doesn't repeat itself. :Thumbs:

Hey, I'm hoping for the same thing. One things for sure, for the Lakers to get to BG they would have a pretty tough row to hoe after the 1st Round.....likely Lex Cath> Boyle County> Highlands/Johnson Central. That is a pretty tall order, but you have to play the games.
Yep. And a pretty good Collins team in the Title game.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Region 3:

Russell County
Lexington Catholic
Mercer County
Boyle County

Look at you picking a mild upset. Mercer Co. over Knox:Clap: You go boy!! LOL
FBfan4life Wrote:Look at you picking a mild upset. Mercer Co. over Knox:Clap: You go boy!! LOL

Go big or go home, right? Confusednicker:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Go big or go home, right? Confusednicker:

Oh BTW some dudes over the other thread mentioned that Bourbon County will beat Boyle County and Lex Cath this season... Can you believe that? I tried setting him straight, but to no avail. They are stubborn and Colonels are better than the Rebels and the Knights:worthy:
FBfan4life Wrote:Oh BTW some dudes over the other thread mentioned that Bourbon County will beat Boyle County and Lex Cath this season... Can you believe that? I tried setting him straight, but to no avail. They are stubborn and Colonels are better than the Rebels and the Knights:worthy:

I debated that numerous times. Thats why I stayed out of it this time. Bourbon County is a solid team but they look better on paper then in person. I have seen them play. Let them have that argument because it obviously means a lot to them for whatever reason! :Thumbs:
laker20 Wrote:Hey, I'm hoping for the same thing. One things for sure, for the Lakers to get to BG they would have a pretty tough row to hoe after the 1st Round.....likely Lex Cath> Boyle County> Highlands/Johnson Central. That is a pretty tall order, but you have to play the games.

Statistically speaking, Russell County and Boyle County are the top two defenses in 4A. Boyle County has gave up 93 points through nine games while Russell County has gave up 94 thourgh nine. Tough schedule or not, thats impressive.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Statistically speaking, Russell County and Boyle County are the top two defenses in 4A. Boyle County has gave up 93 points through nine games while Russell County has gave up 94 thourgh nine. Tough schedule or not, thats impressive.

Russell gave up 49 of those 94 points in one game. The Pulaski county game was just ugly all the way around. We turned the ball over and gave them short fields. Hall just had an amazing game and scrambled around making plays. That game made us better though. Ever since that game the intensity with which we have played has been taken to a different level even against teams that we could have beaten with a half hearted effort. The Lakers really are playing hard! If you take out the PC game the Laker D has given up 45 points in 8 games (a little under 6 points per game).
I got the question of the day, do you guys think the KHSAA should do all classes like they do in 6A? Meaning switch years on what district plays each other.
Pages: 1 2