Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any predictions on Anderson and Collins 11/1/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wondering how anyone feels about this non district game. Collins on a 4 game winning streak and they are their district champions, Anderson on a 7 game winning streak and they are their district champions. Are too be a good game.
Only having seen Anderson I'll go with them. Just an uneducated guess though.
This should be a great game, and a good test for both teams heading into the playoffs. I don't know very much about Anderson, and this will be the first time that the two schools meet in football.
Anderson by 7.
I like this matchup. I will take Anderson County by 14.
Collins on 2 game winning streak. Are playing their best football of the year.
Where can I lay the money down on Collins getting 14 points? Heck, they havn't lost by a total of 14 points in their 2 losses this year. Yep, Big 5A power coming to small 4A school...
This will be a fun one to talk about.
The current seniors at Collins beat Anderson in middle school while they were at West Middle. Then they beat them while playing JV at Collins and they will now beat them at the varsity level. Everyone seems to hesitate giving Collins any credibility. They have done nothing to cause doubt about their abilities or potential to beat opponents on any given night.
It would be very fitting if the seniors that will be playing their final game (besides playoffs of course) at Titan Stadium on Friday night went out with a victory on Senior Night. These are the kids that started out as Freshman when Collins went 11-2 in their first year, and have continued to build a winning tradition that will hopefully continue on for many years to come. They won their 40th game last Friday, and I like to think they will get number 41 on Friday night. Like Tommy said, the Titans are playing their best ball of the year, and hopefully they will continue that on into the playoffs. Either way, it should be a very exciting game.
Anderson
I'll take Anderson in a close one.
great point warrior77 but if im not mistaken we played at shelby county high school twice in middle school and it was was even anderson won the first game and west won the second game and when playing at jv level i would say half of the varsity players now was not allowed to play in the jv game. i think it will be a close game but if not any home cooking anderson should prevail by 7. cant wait to watch this one.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Collins on 2 game winning streak. Are playing their best football of the year.
Where can I lay the money down on Collins getting 14 points? Heck, they havn't lost by a total of 14 points in their 2 losses this year. Yep, Big 5A power coming to small 4A school...
This will be a fun one to talk about.

So defensive. Don't get hurt over a High School football prediction. I do not have a dog in this fight. I do believe Collins is a good team and will make this a good game but in the end Anderson County pulls away. If Anderson County doesn't do that then I will not cry about it. Just a prediction.
By the way, both of these teams are playing their best ball. This game could be a shootout.
Warrior77 Wrote:The current seniors at Collins beat Anderson in middle school while they were at West Middle. Then they beat them while playing JV at Collins and they will now beat them at the varsity level. Everyone seems to hesitate giving Collins any credibility. They have done nothing to cause doubt about their abilities or potential to beat opponents on any given night.

Means absolutely nothing. Just sayin.
BoyleCounty Wrote:So defensive. Don't get hurt over a High School football prediction. I do not have a dog in this fight. I do believe Collins is a good team and will make this a good game but in the end Anderson County pulls away. If Anderson County doesn't do that then I will not cry about it. Just a prediction.

Wasn't being defensive, just having a little fun. I just think Collins is not being looked at as a good football team. History in High School Football means so much to everyone. Boyle Co. has great tradition so they are looked at in higher regards than others who might be an equal. Not saying Collins is equal or better than Boyle. I Would much rather have the opportunity to play you guys for the championship then HHS.
I just hope that someone beats Highlands. :Thumbs:
BoyleCounty Wrote:I just hope that someone beats Highlands. :Thumbs:

I think everyone except our friends in Fort Thomas can agree on that. :Thumbs:
Anderson by 10
BoyleCounty Wrote:I just hope that someone beats Highlands. :Thumbs:

Just do not think this is the year for that to happen. I feel some lean years are coming up, but Highlands offense is just too good this year for anybody in 4A to keep up with them.
I personally feel Johnson Central is the best challenge to Highlands this year. Don't think they will beat them but I think it the best shot for Highlands to lose.
Couple of things about friday night. The field will be dry. The stands will be full. Hey you Anderson fans, get there before 7 or you might miss KO. The Collins fans will be strong playing tribute to a great bunch of seniors. This is a great class of young men and will missed when they leave the campus.
Well it is thursday and time for me to come up with a score. I am picking the Titans to win by a score of 34-21. 34 come from Creque hitting 2 30 plus yard fieldgoals not missing a PAT.
BoyleCounty Wrote:So defensive. Don't get hurt over a High School football prediction. I do not have a dog in this fight. I do believe Collins is a good team and will make this a good game but in the end Anderson County pulls away. If Anderson County doesn't do that then I will not cry about it. Just a prediction.

Anyone who disagrees with you, you call them defensive!!! hey pot this is kettle here!!:biglmao:
Think the Titans win, Anderson will not show much with play offs coming up.
Anderson by 14
Will not show much? This isn't game 3. A loss heading into the playoffs? If Anderson loses it will be to a better team. They will not take a loss heading into the playoffs to hide an offensive set.
Both these teams get no respect because they have recently been blown out in championship games. No one else is beating Bowling Green or Highlands either. Anderson does respect Collins, we aren't playing for second in this game. Anderson by 10.
FCSPY Wrote:Anyone who disagrees with you, you call them defensive!!! hey pot this is kettle here!!:biglmao:

Only said it twice. You being the other one. Please search the threads for another time. :eyeroll:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Only said it twice. You being the other one. Please search the threads for another time. :eyeroll:

I was also confussed.
Collins has lost two very close games this year at the last second, but this time, I think the Titans pull out the victory by 7. It should be a great night for some high school football!
Pages: 1 2