Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 Mayfield 1a @ #1 Caldwell Co 2a 11/ 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, it is now time to start talking about this one. Caldwell has not beaten the Cards since 2009 in the mud. This is a game of two very similar teams. This is the best chance Caldwell has had to beat the Cards since 2009. I think it comes down to 3 simple things:
1) Can Mayfield contain the high flying offense of Caldwell?
2) Can Caldwell muster enough defense to stop the Cards a time or two?
3) Can Caldwell handle the line play of Mayfield?

My guess is going to be Mayfield 42 Caldwell 35.

Your turn Dreamkiller
Singular will be running for his life until Barnes has had enough and decides to get him out of there ranther than chance him getting hurt. Close for awhile but in the end there is only one WKY #1 and its Mayfield
This is a game that comes along every two years or so and it is what HS football is all about. Just a great night of football is in store for both communities.

I would never bet against Mayfield. But that's just me.
To be honest, if Mayfield win this one, and wins it by a decent margin, they should just go ahead and give Mayfield both the 1A and 2A trophies.
How does the Mayfield secondary match up to the size and skill of Caldwell's receivers?
Picking 1A mayfield 1A POWER :welcome: 1A Fans
Mayfield can't stop the aerial attack and when they drop off the line, and then Jaylen Boyd runs and runs. Our quarterback is named Elijah Sindelar, not Singuler. I say Caldwell wins 59-53
Both teams play average defense but I think Mayfield's might be a little better, I think that might be the edge. Mayfield will play to the end no matter what. Caldwell will quit on you. They did against us 2 years in a roll and they quit on Trigg County last year in their big rivalry game.
The Cards wont match up in size on receivers We wont have to. The game will be won in the trenches, by Mayfield. The Tigers d will be lucky to make more than 1 stop. We will stop them. This game will again go the way of the Cards.
Mayfield answers the question. They are the best team in the first two classes and a top 3 team in the first 3.
I cant wait. I hope both teams stay injury free. I cant wait for some good pizza as well.
I thought some research may make this thread a little more interesting. Both teams come in at 9-0. Both teams are ranked #1 in their perspective classes. Both teams have very similar Lit ratings. The average score for Caldwell Co is 51-19 per game. The average score for Mayfield is 45-18 per game. Caldwell has played 2 games against teams with a Lit rating above 90.0. Mayfield has played 6 games against teams with Lit ratings above 90.0. Caldwell Co is the last team to beat Mayfield at War Memorial, in 2008. Mayfield has beaten Caldwell for the past three meetings. The two teams have 2 common opponents thus far. Caldwell did better against Murray in Princeton than Mayfield did in Mayfield. Mayfield did better against Fort Campbell at Fort Campbell than Caldwell did at Princeton. I have added their schedules and results. I hope this does not condense when I post it to that the columns will line up right.

Mayfield Cardinals Caldwell County Tigers
Opponent Lit Rating Results Opponent Lit Rating Results
Fort Campbell 94.9 37-21 Christian Co 88.9 45-22
McCracken Co 122.5 35-34 Union Co 87.1 57-20
Paducah-Til 114.5 28-21 Ohio Co 65.0 55-26
Murray 102.5 28-18 Trigg Co 81.1 49-13
Graves Co 101.2 49-21 Fort Campbell 94.9 48-35
Marshall Co 71.2 64-28 Ballard Mem 78.1 63-28
Fulton 40.7 63-0 Green Co 76.3 54-8
Fulton Co 53.4 63-0 Murray 102.5 42-13
Russellville 100.1 42-21 Crittendon Co 49.1 50-3
Well it condensed it. I will try again.

Mayfield****************************Caldwell
Opp**********Lit Rating******Results***Opp***********Lit Rating****Results
Fort Campbell***94.9*********37-21*****Christian Co*****88.9*******45-22
McCracken Co**122.5*********35-34*****Union Co*******87.1*******57-20
Paducah-Til****114.5*********28-21*****Ohio Co********65.0*******55-26
Murray********102.5*********28-18*****Trigg Co*******81.1*******49-13
Graves Co*****101.2**********49-21****Fort Campbell****94.9*******48-35
Marshall Co****71.2***********64-28****Ballard Mem*****78.1*******63-28
Fulton********40.7***********63-0*****Green Co*******76.3*******54-8
Fulton Co******53.4***********63-0*****Murray********102.5******42-13
Russellville*****100.1**********42-21*****Crittendon Co***49.1******50-3
You ask how similar are their Lit ratings? Mayfield 115.7 Caldwell 115.3
Caldwell is strong but has not played a team like mayfield .. our secondary and d-line is top notch.. I understand cc recievers are like 6'9" but guys can jump..
I hope Mayfield wins this one but Caldwell will be a tough task and if Caldwell does win that means Mayfield will be more of a machine in the playoffs than they normally would be.
I don't think we will lose. I would still be smiling if we did as long as we don't have any injuries. I will be even happier if these 2 teams are state champs in December.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would still be smiling if we did as long as we don't have any injuries. I will be even happier if these 2 teams are state champs in December.

I agree with these statements. I just believe Caldwell County is too strong for your Cards this year. I will be moving into my seat at Tiger Stadium after the Cowboys/Lions game is over. The only way I will be able to insure I get my seat for this game Friday. Confusednicker:
You know we have played a lot of teams that were too strong for us over the past 4 years. This will just be another one. I sure hope you like crow.
Should be one heck of a game. Good luck Mayfield.
Hey dreamer.. give us a stat sheet on CC .. I knoe ur line is nice size, share some insight.. i mean we all knoe u have a qb that can throw the ball through a tire at 75yrds and a reciver thats 6'9" is that right? Wat about the rest..?
Oh and throw that pic of that puttie cat back up...
How much better is this Caldwell team over last years? I only ask cause we were chasing this qb all over the field last year.
Here is the analysis. The Cards CANNOT match up with their receivers. This is the deal, we don't have to. We will not give the qb time to find the receivers. Now the Caldwell defense CANNOT stop our offense. We will take this one in a little better game than last year. I say 42-31.
Have you even seen Elijah Sindelar throw THIS year? He has a quick release, and if you can't match up with his receivers, your defense is sitting there as dead as Murray's was! They thought that they would rush him too. LOL We see how well that worked out for them.
Dreamkiller, go back to dream land. We are not Murray. You try to put us in the same boat as a team that hasn't beaten us in 15 years.
Mayfield will prevail.
DreamKiller Wrote:Have you even seen Elijah Sindelar throw THIS year? He has a quick release, and if you can't match up with his receivers, your defense is sitting there as dead as Murray's was! They thought that they would rush him too. LOL We see how well that worked out for them.

I am seeing more and more you are an idiot.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:I am seeing more and more you are an idiot.

People have been saying that all year and every week I come out looking better. I will be there watching one hell of a game Friday night.
Caldwell
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5