Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 32 Paintsville 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
I predicted a 20+ win for Raceland as I predicted a 2-3 TD win for them last week. I am on fire!! :rockon:
Seemed flat offensively. I think we r just trying not to reveal wrinkles imo. The tempo against Fairview was very fast and effecient until we got up by a bit. Then we played clock management. I think u will see more and more of the play book starting next week with Ironton. I just hope we can come out of that one without any injuries. Ironton may be down but they r always physical. We saw what a "not very good" Coal Grove team was capable of earlier in the season. But a major let down was averted and a district championship clinched. Good win over a pretty good Paintsville team. District Champs! GO RAMS!
Congrats to Rams.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Seemed flat offensively. I think we r just trying not to reveal wrinkles imo. The tempo against Fairview was very fast and effecient until we got up by a bit. Then we played clock management. I think u will see more and more of the play book starting next week with Ironton. I just hope we can come out of that one without any injuries. Ironton may be down but they r always physical. We saw what a "not very good" Coal Grove team was capable of earlier in the season. But a major let down was averted and a district championship clinched. Good win over a pretty good Paintsville team. District Champs! GO RAMS!

I agree, moving forward beach and Snyder need to keep pounding as they did tonight. Beach in particular had a nice game.
Congrats to the Rams on the win and sacking up the District title. Tigers played hard but just couldn't match the horses from Raceland. Ram defense held us in check all night and I think probably to around 100 yds of total offense.
Gear up for West Carter next week Tigers !
Better showing than I expected out of Paintsville.
I predicted Raceland by 20. A blind squirrel will occasionally find a nut.
Sluggish looking!! Maybe I expect to much at times! Backs ran really hard. Line play was confused sometimes. Making things look ugly at times. Opening huge holes other times.
But we jumped that first hurdle for the first time in a couple years! This team will go as far as the offensive line let's us!! We got the backs! Up to the guys up front now.
Congratulations to all the RAM FAMILY!
Congrats to the Rams for the win and bringing home the district for the first time in a few years. Also I want to say congrats to the coaching staff for bringinging home their first district title as a staff. I know I have criticized them alot this season but it has been frustrating watching teams with potential fall short the past few seasons. Also in light of all of the things that have gone on with Fairview i have realized how lucky we really are to have men of character guiding our players. This team is starting to gel now at the right time of the season and they are in a pretty good position to possibly get past that hurdle if winning the region. How many district titles does this make now? I know there are several on the sign at the stadium but I am unsure of the exact number.
Congrats on win
First of all, great effort by Paintsville players and coaches. They competed hard the entire game and their coaches made some excellent adjustments defensively to give the Rams some trouble. Now, congrats to all the Raceland players and coaches!! DISTRICT CHAMPS!!! There is not a better group of young men that this could happen to! What most f you critics don't see is the hours and hours of hard work these players and coaches put in for this season and for their school and community. The Ram players deserve this!!
Now let's keep it going all the way to state!!!!
This was a hard fought game. 25-10 late in the 4th and the Rams punch one in to make it 32-10. Tigers just couldn't get anything going on Offense, credit that to Raceland's preparedness. The Defense did all you could ask of them. Making stops and forcing turn overs. Congrats to the Rams on your Championship!

District 8 doen't wanna see anybody from District 7. That's for sure.
I watched the second half on iHigh, both teams looked a little shaky at times, but after the emotional win against Fairview, I expected the Rams to be a little iffy, that's the nature of football and emotional football. The defense played outstanding, with exception of one blown coverage, which I believe lead to the field goal. This team is rolling right now, the combination of Snyder and Beach is working like a charm. Throw number 8 (can't remember his name) and you a really good stable of backs.
Raceland has won their district in dominating fashion.
Number 8 is Carson Christian. His dad and uncle were both great backs and Raceland. His uncle imparticular, was only about 5'5" and 180 but could bench around 300lbs. A great kid from a great family. He is only a sophomore. Beech is the speed, Snyder will mow u down, and Cristian never stops moving his legs. Couple that with any of the 3 wr being able to take reverse the distance and Elkins ability to find the gaps and u got a heck of a running attack. Raceland is starting to put things together. Tempo is getting faster offensively. And defensiveky they have seemed to get tougher as theyear goes on. Good final season teat at Ironton next week.
Future looks bright in Ramland with Snyder, Christian, and Walker at RB for the next few years.
^^^true. The freshman class has great size. Both in stature and numbers. Several kids from that squad play one way. Keeping legs fresh. Will be fun watching them grow. Wallace is already a starter and his a large lad. There's another Manis in that bunch, SEVERAL big strong backs, not just Walker. Hall, Mauk, and a many other frosh lineman have played well against JV squads late in varsity games. The Freshman managed to score twice on Nicholas. Raceland football should be extremely competitive the next 5-10 years. Lots of atheletes and size in the JRH as well as the JFL.
Yeah that freshmen group did real well last year. That is until they got steam rolled by Butler Co in the state championship game. That is one time that we wished we could have been on the east. That game we had with Butler Co was probably the best 8th grade game I ever watched. Neither team backed down, they just took it from us in the end.
The Rams defense was very strong. Only giving up a long field goal. The other score was on a int.
Defense and offensive line play are the BIG keys for how far this RAM team goes.
fourth and goal Wrote:The Rams defense was very strong. Only giving up a long field goal. The other score was on a int.
Defense and offensive line play are the BIG keys for how far this RAM team goes.

It was a Kick Off Return.
Slic Ric u got ne numbers on the game?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Slic Ric u got ne numbers on the game?

Yep...

[B]Paintsville Rushing: 26-33 Paintsville Passing/Receiving: 10-22 93 Yards[/B]

Raceland Rushing: 52-341 (4 TD's)
Raceland Passing/ Receiving: Elkins 11-14-105 (1 INT.) / Messer2-4-0 (1 INT.)
Raceland Rushing

Beach 21-174 (2 TD's)
Snyder 18-117 (2 TD's)
Elkins 7-33
Messer 2-14
Vance 1-3
Christian 3-0

Raceland Receiving

Beach 3-54
Dixon 4-35
Messer 1-3
Vance 1-3
Potter 1-4
Christian 1-3
Snyder 2-3

Messer had a 71-yard punt return for a TD @ 8:41 in the 1st Quarter.
Slic Ric Wrote:Yep...

[B]Paintsville Rushing: 26-33 Paintsville Passing/Receiving: 10-22 93 Yards[/B]

Raceland Rushing: 52-341 (4 TD's)
Raceland Passing/ Receiving: Elkins 11-14-105 (1 INT.) / Messer2-4-0 (1 INT.)
Raceland Rushing

Beach 21-174 (2 TD's)
Snyder 18-117 (2 TD's)
Elkins 7-33
Messer 2-14
Vance 1-3
Christian 3-0

Raceland Receiving

Beach 3-54
Dixon 4-35
Messer 1-3
Vance 1-3
Potter 1-4
Christian 1-3
Snyder 2-3

Messer had a 71-yard punt return for a TD @ 8:41 in the 1st Quarter.

Did I see that right! Pville rushed 26 times for 33 yrds!!