Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. 14 Mercer Co. 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One more game to finish regular season undefeated. Whitley next week and home. Good game from Mercer. Was the close game I expected last year. Boyle's D has given up some yards this year but really tightens when in their own territory. Exactly what happened tonight. Boyle OLine in my opinion has to get better come playoff time to make an appearance in BG.
I thought Boyle would be able to put more points than this on the board.
Boyle's offensive line struggled but Boyle's defense stepped up and stopped a good Mercer County offense from putting up points. A win is a win. Next up....Whitley County.
As steve Bertram said on the radio a win is a win and we'll take it but Boyle sure looked flat the whole game.i think our youth showed up tonight and we didn't take this game as serious as Mercer did.as for the final score it should have been 21 to 0 Boyle scored on 3rd and 4th down both when Mercer came up with the goal line stand.i know me and 3 friends were standing on the goal line when the plays took place those were the worst calls of the ball game.i think Boyle will use this game as a learning experience.
I agree it's a good game to learn from but all those soph's now have 9 games under their belt. "Being young" is about used up. Time to step up and get into playoff mode. Expected more fire to be playing for district title last night.
Also don't get me wrong. OLine is playing pretty well, but they have to play better than pretty well to have a shot at beating LexCath again and Highlands. I didn't say they were bad. Said they were not State Champ good right now.
Even though Whitley has been marginally down over the past 3 years, im really happy that Boyle continues to stay on the schedule.

Zach Mills is finally looking like himself after last night and hopefully Whitley will be able to provide some competetion for Boyle and really challenge there defense to stop the run.
Boyle plays a lot of guys both ways right? Why?
Numbers pure and simple. Dress around 48 I think.
Got a couple of classes that just didn't have many fball players in them. Going back to youth ball these classes have never had numbers.
Number one in the mountians:please:
Hit the wrong button. Sorry!!
I was really surprised by the score of this game, expected Boyle to win by much bigger spread. Is Boyle healthy heading into playoffs?
64black&gold Wrote:Also don't get me wrong. OLine is playing pretty well, but they have to play better than pretty well to have a shot at beating LexCath again and Highlands. I didn't say they were bad. Said they were not State Champ good right now.

The offensive line has done great all season, except for the Mercer game. If you disagree, then you and I watched two different games. The Titan defensive line stepped it up and blew the Rebel offensive line off the ball nearly every play. I was surprised by that considering Boyle County had faced bigger, faster and simply better defensive lines this season. Credit Mercer County as they had a good game plan.
sstack Wrote:I was really surprised by the score of this game, expected Boyle to win by much bigger spread. Is Boyle healthy heading into playoffs?

Boyle County is injury free heading into the Whitley County game.
BoyleCounty Wrote:The offensive line has done great all season, except for the Mercer game. If you disagree, then you and I watched two different games. The Titan defensive line stepped it up and blew the Rebel offensive line off the ball nearly every play. I was surprised by that considering Boyle County had faced bigger, faster and simply better defensive lines this season. Credit Mercer County as they had a good game plan.

I agree i think Mercers D-line was averege at best.i just don't think Boyle took this game very serious.IMO they showed thier youth friday night.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Boyle County is injury free heading into the Whitley County game.

I think Hoskins is still not a 100 %.
sstack Wrote:I was really surprised by the score of this game, expected Boyle to win by much bigger spread. Is Boyle healthy heading into playoffs?

Boyle's defense came in a pitched a shut out. Can't do much better than that. On offense Boyle struggled. Most of it had to do with Mercer County, they where ready and fired up for a home game against Boyle. Coach Pardue, knows Boyle very well and had his players in the right spot to make the play. Good game to get the Boyle players back in the right frame of mind for the playoffs as what happened the other night can not happen again in the playoffs!
I thought Anderson's DLine outplayed our OLine but that is the only game besides Mercer. I thought Anderson's DLine was very very good. That being said you have to measure yourself against the ability to beat Highlands. If Boyle's only goal is to beat LexCath again I think they will. But I look for week 14 and 15 as the ultimate goal. To get there they have to continue to improve. I'm kinda Ricky Bobby when it comes to this. Play for state or you fall short.
64black&gold Wrote:I thought Anderson's DLine outplayed our OLine but that is the only game besides Mercer. I thought Anderson's DLine was very very good. That being said you have to measure yourself against the ability to beat Highlands. If Boyle's only goal is to beat LexCath again I think they will. But I look for week 14 and 15 as the ultimate goal. To get there they have to continue to improve. I'm kinda Ricky Bobby when it comes to this. Play for state or you fall short.

"If you're not first......you're last" :biggrin: