Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview 49 Nicholas County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Did McPeek and staff coach?
Fairview playing well with a lot of distractions.
What's the news? I heard Fairview couldn't play for 2 years due to recruiting and/or playing ineligible player but obviously they played tonight.
Have they appealed so thus they played or what?
Sounds like Fairview circled the wagons and overcame coming off a tough loss and the storm that is circling around them.
Shouldn't they have been able to win this one big with half staff.
Nicholas County is really struggling this gear. The only offense they had against Raceland came on our jv team. They managed only 3 first downs in that game. Our Freshmen team scored twice on them. I will assume this one was mich of the same. Glad for the kids to get the win amongst the termoil.
I hate all this for the kids, because they are the ones that will suffer. I hope the Khsaa will do what is best for the students at Fairview. Good luck Fairview!!!
Fairview is in trouble folks. Their cloud of suspicion have finally burst. I'm afraid the KHSAA is going to come down hard on the Eagles and McPeek. Coach McPeek may be the first Coach to receive the show cause penalty and possible be out of Coaching high school football in Kentucky for sometime. It's a shame really. Another black eye for high school football in east ky
Tough for kids to stay focused with the circus that is going on. It amazes me that high school kids can keep their mind on the game at hand.
When you strap on that helmet and enter the arena. You see the opponent facing you. You forget what's happening on the outside for a few hours. These kids will be fine. Just hope the hammer comes down on the ones that deserves it. And leaves the kids and school alone! Get the poison out of the system!
Seems everytime coaches, ADs, teachers cause major problems. The kids and school suffers. And the ones that caused the problem just moves on. KHSAA do the right thing!
Oh, just want to congratulate the players on the victory. Little bit of healing!!
Nicholas Countt was at the wrong place at the wrong time this week. Even though Fairview had all of its distractions, the fact is Nicholas Co is having a terrible season on the field and Fairview probably could have only dressed their JV and beat them. This game was a good opportunity to take out some frustrations about the events surrounding this week against an opponent that was outmatched. I don't see this game being about resiliency of the Fairview players but it was an opportunity to use a weaker opponent as a punching bag to vent some frustrations.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Nicholas Countt was at the wrong place at the wrong time this week. Even though Fairview had all of its distractions, the fact is Nicholas Co is having a terrible season on the field and Fairview probably could have only dressed their JV and beat them. This game was a good opportunity to take out some frustrations about the events surrounding this week against an opponent that was outmatched. I don't see this game being about resiliency of the Fairview players but it was an opportunity to use a weaker opponent as a punching bag to vent some frustrations.

I have to agree i know Nicholas is down , & we could have beat them with our JV like you said . I will say this though when the boys came on the field i was on the field & was able to look directly into there eyes , i could tell they were extremely focused & entered eerily quiet "like a calm before a storm" . The 1st string played the best football i have ever seen them play . lack of better words they played with what i would call a "controlled fired up mentality " , & let me tell you they were all business , & brought the hammer . I think if going forward if FHS is allowed to participate in the playoffs FHS could cause teams some problems . After seeing them before , during , & talking to them after the game instead of destroying them i think this mess has united them , & quite possibly awakend a sleeping giant .
I read that the players had "61 Brothers" taped across the back of their helmets as a sign of unity, which is alright, I suppose, but I also read that a number of the players removed the "F" from their helmets, I find that to be disrespectful to the school, but I suppose the players see the school as the enemy, seeing as how they self reported the incident.

I'm still not sure how I really feel about what is going on in the Wood , obviously part of that has to do with the available facts and the other part is what I will call rivalry emotion. For now, I will say good luck to the kids on the team.
will this be a rose hill all over again?
Talon Wrote:I have to agree i know Nicholas is down , & we could have beat them with our JV like you said . I will say this though when the boys came on the field i was on the field & was able to look directly into there eyes , i could tell they were extremely focused & entered eerily quiet "like a calm before a storm" . The 1st string played the best football i have ever seen them play . lack of better words they played with what i would call a "controlled fired up mentality " , & let me tell you they were all business , & brought the hammer . I think if going forward if FHS is allowed to participate in the playoffs FHS could cause teams some problems . After seeing them before , during , & talking to them after the game instead of destroying them i think this mess has united them , & quite possibly awakend a sleeping giant .

I agree with you completely. If they can play in the post season then this is a very scary team because alot of people will overlook them and count them out. Honestly I hope Raceland doesn't have to play Fairview again because I think they outcome will be different the second time around because the players will really feel like they have something to prove if they play again.
Yea real classy move by McPeek and company in telling the players to take the F off of their helmets and replacing it with duct tape...This guy is a JOKE, telling the newspaper it was the boys idea to take the F off their helmets.. I know for a fact he told the boys in a team meeting that they are no longer playing for Fairview, they are playing for each other.. basically making it sound like the school is in the wrong and putting the kids against the school. If the school board doesn't take that as a slap in the face and fire him immediately, they have ABSOLUTELY NO BACKBONE. But hey thats fine Fairview, take it easy on them and let the McPeeks make you look like fools because the KHSAA is about to lay down the hammer in Westwood regardless.
I want to add this in the 2 headed snake has ben cut off , but Nate isnt one of those heads , & once everything comes out i think folks will have a new found respect for him. I just wish i was allowed to tell what i know . Some folks has bits of the story , but alot of what has been said is just wrong/rumor
I don't feel sorry for anybody at Fairview, they all sit back and knew this was going on and didn't say anything.. just swept it under the rug. Now the shipping is sinking and people want to jump off. And don't think for one second the McPeeks and Music don't have something up their sleeve. They are going to try and turn it around on the school and act like the school is in the wrong and prosecuting them for something they didn't do... and that's the only card the McCHEATS have left to play. They are going to lawyer up and try to fight this but if the Fairview school board has any balls at all they will terminate both McCHEATS and Music immediately, otherwise you are just making yourself look like a bunch of spineless culprits.
NoPicks Wrote:Yea real classy move by McPeek and company in telling the players to take the F off of their helmets and replacing it with duct tape...This guy is a JOKE, telling the newspaper it was the boys idea to take the F off their helmets.. I know for a fact he told the boys in a team meeting that they are no longer playing for Fairview, they are playing for each other.. basically making it sound like the school is in the wrong and putting the kids against the school. If the school board doesn't take that as a slap in the face and fire him immediately, they have ABSOLUTELY NO BACKBONE. But hey thats fine Fairview, take it easy on them and let the McPeeks make you look like fools because the KHSAA is about to lay down the hammer in Westwood reg ardless.
You my friend are dead wrong with your assumption . I know for a cold hard fact Nate nor any of the other coaches knew the kids was taking the F off of there helmets until it was too late . My boy is on the team , & several of them after practice on Thursday decided as a team by themself to remove the F in support of there coach McPeek . The kids after the fact admitted they shouldnt have done so because they being kids did not think it through & even apologized to the coach for taking the F off because there intent was not meant to be as a sign of disrespect but rather a sign of unity & respect . After Nate got wind of what was happenning i know for a fact ( being a parent ) he called each team member to tell them not to take the F off but it was too late in most cases ...i dont know where you got your info but it was just dead wrong
I honestly expect Music to throw everyone under the bus, except himself. I've always thought of home to be a bit slimy. That's not to say that the McPeeks are innocent in all of this. Garry McPeek has a long history in the state of Kentucky either as a coach or an AD and most of that history is tainted.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I honestly expect Music to throw everyone under the bus, except himself. I've always thought of home to be a bit slimy. That's not to say that the McPeeks are innocent in all of this. Garry McPeek has a long history in the state of Kentucky either as a coach or an AD and most of that history is tainted.

I cant say much , but Garry McPeek , & Bill Music are slime . They are the ones to blame , but whether people belive it or not Nate isnt as guilty nor as bad as most of the public thinks he is . Garry , & Bill will get whats coming to them , but they will try to throw Nate , & others under the bus . No doubt for the sake of FHS Nate should not be the coach there anymore but i do wish him well after he is gone at the end of this season
Every person that has followed football for sometime now knows a player can only play 4 yrs (Dennis Johnson rule is what they call it in Kentucky) and I am sure Nate knew the rule, along with Fairview Athletic Department. So he has to take some responsibility also for this, I do agree Gary not being the AD any more is the right choice. If they do have to forfeit games from last yr and this yr. I think the season should be over with as soon as the regular season is done. Why would you let them (coaching staff) have a chance to win it all I understand the work the kids have put in it and it is not their fault. This would be a life lesson for everyone involved.
Talon so your saying Nate didn't have the ultimate say-so in what his team wore on the field last night?? Come on man, if he didn't want them removing the F on their helmet than he should have not allowed them to take the field until the helmets met his approval. He is a classless joke of a leader for the boys. He is the head coach when are you people going to understand that as the head coach you are accountable for EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS WITHIN YOUR TEAM! Helmets last night, recruiting, playing ineligible player, falsifying addresses, paying parents, blah blah it all goes back on the head coach! That's part of being a head coach, you are in charge of your team! And he obviously cannot handle that sort of responsibility
NoPicks Wrote:Talon so your saying Nate didn't have the ultimate say-so in what his team wore on the field last night?? Come on man, if he didn't want them removing the F on their helmet than he should have not allowed them to take the field until the helmets met his approval. He is a classless joke of a leader for the boys. He is the head coach when are you people going to understand that as the head coach you are accountable for EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS WITHIN YOUR TEAM! Helmets last night, recruiting, playing ineligible player, falsifying addresses, paying parents, blah blah it all goes back on the head coach! That's part of being a head coach, you are in charge of your team! And he obviously cannot handle that sort of responsibility

No Picks, I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye this season but you are spot on here. He didn't have any problems taking credit when they were winning and he should take responsibility when things go bad. One of the primary rules of leadership is when things go bad for your organization it is your fault and you are going to take most of the blame for what happened. I don't know how involved he was in these allegations but I do find it hard to believe that he was completely ignorant about the surrounding issues and that he was an innocent victim.
Orange Blaze Wrote:No Picks, I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye this season but you are spot on here. He didn't have any problems taking credit when they were winning and he should take responsibility when things go bad. One of the primary rules of leadership is when things go bad for your organization it is your fault and you are going to take most of the blame for what happened. I don't know how involved he was in these allegations but I do find it hard to believe that he was completely ignorant about the surrounding issues and that he was an innocent victim.

Sad thing is he is new to coaching and sure he had faith in the AD to advise him. Nate really is a good Coach and Great guy to have around these kids. But, I am sure he will take it like a man and leave and accept whatever happens because like he said in the paper, it comes down to the coach!
NoPicks Wrote:Talon so your saying Nate didn't have the ultimate say-so in what his team wore on the field last night?? Come on man, if he didn't want them removing the F on their helmet than he should have not allowed them to take the field until the helmets met his approval. He is a classless joke of a leader for the boys. He is the head coach when are you people going to understand that as the head coach you are accountable for EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS WITHIN YOUR TEAM! Helmets last night, recruiting, playing ineligible player, falsifying addresses, paying parents, blah blah it all goes back on the head coach! That's part of being a head coach, you are in charge of your team! And he obviously cannot handle that sort of responsibility
look i know Nate isnt completely innocent or legit just saying not as guilty as people thinks . As far as the decals how can you controll what kids do as a coach when they go home ? Yes it was all 100% kids idea , no he absolutely hadnt any clue until it was too late . How could they fix it before going onto the field? The stickers were destroyed , & they did not have close to enough to replace them . I will not support what the wrong doers has been but i also wont allow somebody to take the fall for something out of there hands either even if they are guilty many other things. Quit looking through her hate filled eyes & open your brain
haha ok believe what you want, he has every right to control what his players are wearing when they take the field. So you are telling me he couldn't have told them to take off the duct tape that said 61 brothers? He did it as slap in the face to Fairview High School.. just another dumb, yet classless move by the always disrespectful Fairview football progam.
And the sad thing is.. after all the crap the McPeeks and Music have put Fairview through over this, people are still defending them. Open up your eyes people, get the McCheats out of there, hire a respectful and classy coach that truly wants the best for the school and his players, get an AD that feels the same, and a superintendent that doesn't put up with any crap and can follow the rules and get your school running properly. I don't even see why they are still messing around with these guys, who cares if they are all lawyered up, their butts should have been unemployed as of yesterday.
Pages: 1 2