Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ohio State - Where is the media rage at????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me preface this by saying that I am a OSU hater. I could care less if the entire city of Columbus was engulfed by hell itself!

The fact is, this team has won 19 straight games, went undefeated last year, and will in all likelihood go undefeated again this year. They were not eligivble last year, but they appear to not even have a chance to play for the National Championship this year. And what do we hear from the national media pundits???

[Image: 2Q==]

We endured years of media lambasting when teams like Boise, Utah and BYU were having undefeated seasons and the cry for these teams to have a chance to play in a title game because they won every game on their schedule. Yes, everyone can blast the Big 10 for being down, but the Big 10's current bottom feeders are still 10 times better than the teams that the Boise's of the world were playing at the time. Yet, none of them are now coming to OSU's defense!

I don't get it! There is no justifiable reason to not be pushing OSU!
^because everyone in the Big 10 hates Ohio State. Ohio State acts like an SEC program and the majority of their fans are a**holes
I was saying the same thing this week Dusty. I like Ohio St. I do not think they will go undefeated though. Tonight will be a tough game.
toussaints Wrote:^because everyone in the Big 10 hates Ohio State. Ohio State acts like an SEC program and the majority of their fans are a**holes

OK, but that goes completely against the media though. If OSU is thought of as an SEC team, then the media would love them. The SEC has a lot of schools with as***le fans, but it does not hurt those schools in the media's eyes and the screaming for national attention!
Personally I think its enough that every year there in the preseason top 5 even if there going to suck. There just like USC and Notre Dame. They get rankings because of there name.

To say O State has been less than impressinve in wins over teams like Buffalo, and Northwestern, who turn out to be a flop, is a complete understatement.
I do not feel for Ohio State.

When you look at the Big 10, it appears to be weaker than usual over the past couple of years.
toussaints Wrote:^because everyone in the Big 10 hates Ohio State. Ohio State acts like an SEC program and the majority of their fans are a**holes

:hilarious:

I used to be a big a**hole then. I lost a lot of respect for OSU over the Tressel-Pryor-Herron saga.

Dusty brings up a good point and Gut has mentioned this before. Running up the score on folks will help you, and a close win hurts based on the current system. They may go undefeated and not get a fair shake due to close games.

Ohio St. has never been a media darling. Midwest teams in general don't get a lot of love. I'd say the SEC gets first dibbs on media PR campaigns with the Pac12 second, maybe tied with the Big12. I'd put the Big10 a hair above the ACC. The SEC and PAC12 are to be commended for their marketing. I'm sure there is a lot of glad handing and perks for ESPN behind the scenes we aren't aware of! The southeast and west coast would also simply be more fun to cover if you were in the media. Covering a game in LA with 60 degree temps and Trojan cheerleaders vs. cold as hell Lafayette IN with a wind chill of 20 degrees in late October covering the Purdue-OSU game. I'm taking the SC Trojans any day of the week! I love those......SWEATERS :biggrin:!!!

:Thumbs:

Oh, I am an assh*le for sure.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Personally I think its enough that every year there in the preseason top 5 even if there going to suck. There just like USC and Notre Dame. They get rankings because of there name.

To say O State has been less than impressinve in wins over teams like Buffalo, and Northwestern, who turn out to be a flop, is a complete understatement.
I do not feel for Ohio State.

When you look at the Big 10, it appears to be weaker than usual over the past couple of years.

It didn't bother anyone when Boise was struggling with UC Davis and Louisiana Tech.
Stardust Wrote:It didn't bother anyone when Boise was struggling with UC Davis and Louisiana Tech.

Im not denying the fact that there was rage when Boise wasnt in and there isnt with Ohio State, but Ohio State is not the little man. There the big bad wolf, and as you know, in a democratic, politically correct nation, we have to make sure everyone gets a trophy and everyone is "fair".

I, for one, was the biggest Boise hate in the nation. I knew they werent the same caliber, and i knew they were on the same level as a UK team that was getting killed every week. I just dont feel for Ohio State. Now if someone like Bama were to be in the same situation, it would be a bit different.
Westside Wrote:I was saying the same thing this week Dusty. I like Ohio St. I do not think they will go undefeated though. Tonight will be a tough game.

Lol
got off track, I saw Ohio State and emotions came to surface lol

The media dullness Ohio State is experiencing is due to the Big10
Cause there are 3 unbeatens in front of them. Alot of years for Boise they were one of 2 or the only unbeaten left
So the Bucks read this and decided to hang 60 on the Nittany Lions Confusednicker:.
Buffalo, San Diego State and Florida A&M make Ohio State a hard sell. 1-8 California is their best non conference game. Almost Louisville bad scheduling.
I think it is very clear that Alabama , Florida State, Oregon and perhaps Stanford are vastly better than Ohio State. Ohio state and Louisville are flat out untested.

From personal experience, having attended their camp this summer, the atmosphere of arrogance was over whelming. I would send my son to the mac or aac before Ohio State.
^ You go undefeated two straight years, you have a right to be arrogant!
Being an Ohio State fan I am so sick of people hating on my team. We have done nothing but win the past 10 years and still catch hell for it. Minus two National Championship games which were miserable and heartbreaking we have played with or beat every National Powerhouse we played. We beat Arkansas when they were "so good" and beat Oregon a few years ago in the Rose Bowl who also was considered to be "great" and would blow us out just because we choke.

I'm not really sure what it will take for us to get the respect we deserve. 2002 even though is getting ever farther away was not that long ago and we've done nothing but win ever since. We have the right to be the way we are just like many Alabama fans are right now. I think this lack of media is the way Urban like it. Wait for the end of this year, I have a good feeling we will silent the doubters.
teampaul Wrote:Being an Ohio State fan I am so sick of people hating on my team. We have done nothing but win the past 10 years and still catch hell for it. Minus two National Championship games which were miserable and heartbreaking we have played with or beat every National Powerhouse we played. We beat Arkansas when they were "so good" and beat Oregon a few years ago in the Rose Bowl who also was considered to be "great" and would blow us out just because we choke.

I'm not really sure what it will take for us to get the respect we deserve. 2002 even though is getting ever farther away was not that long ago and we've done nothing but win ever since. We have the right to be the way we are just like many Alabama fans are right now. I think this lack of media is the way Urban like it. Wait for the end of this year, I have a good feeling we will silent the doubters.

What games has OSU won against higher ranked teams than them in he past five years (the SEC Dominated years)?
teampaul Wrote:Being an Ohio State fan I am so sick of people hating on my team. We have done nothing but win the past 10 years and still catch hell for it. Minus two National Championship games which were miserable and heartbreaking we have played with or beat every National Powerhouse we played. We beat Arkansas when they were "so good" and beat Oregon a few years ago in the Rose Bowl who also was considered to be "great" and would blow us out just because we choke.

OK, I started this thread because I felt that a team like OSU who was not getting higher consideration than they have been was undeserving - BUT, I certainly was not playing the typical OSU fan's sob story of "we don't get any respect" crap!

OSU has gone undefeated in the past two years, which deserves talk of a BCS championship game, but to say they get no respect is completely off base! Your scenarios of the Arkansas and Oregon games are off base. In 2009, OSU was ranked 8th, Oregon was ranked 7th, hardly the monumental underdog win! And OSU was ranked higher than Arkansas, so they should have won! The Oregon win is the ONLY win they have had over a team ranked higher than OSU in the past five years! So, OSU should get kudos this year and considered for a BCS title game, but it's hardly because OSU is deserving of anything else!
Maurice Clarrett taints the 2002 season. Big 10 is terrible and they refuse to schedule a quality non conference foe.
What else do you want us to do? We win the games we play. We lost two national championships in back to back year. It was a miserable experience... but just the fact we had to go undefeated two years in a row in impressive. The SEC has dominated recent years but OSU is doing what they're supposed to do. Win the ball games they have. This year is the weakest schedule we've had in a long time. We have big games like Virginia Tech Oklahoma and TCU and a few years ago we played Miami USC Texas and more.

Just to show anyone major games we've won we're 6 and 4 in bowl games since 2002 including a win over SEC Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl that was vacated. We win games. What other proof do you need? Not long ago Nick Saban lost to Utah in the Sugar Bowl...Why not talk about that?
^
I really hope you all get a little piece of Bama this year.
The Buckeyes will play Stanford in the Rose Bowl. If they beat Stanford by 30, then we'll talk about including their name as a contender to knock Bama off the heap.

Not sure anyone but another SEC team is good enough to beat Bama. I would like to see the Seminoles put a scare in them this year. They should win the NC game by 17+ and that is being kind!
The media rage has left the building Confusednicker:
How about the Michigan St Spartan rage. Where's that at? Congrats to the Spartans, beat Stanford!
Looooooooooool
I love seening (the) ohio state choke in every big game,lol
I simply HATE Ohio State....
Well their went the hopes for THE Ohio state.