Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Belfry soft ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Question ?
Noooooooo
Imo YES
Belfry_ Wrote:Question ?
1/10

try harder
And don't take the soft word to heart. Belfry has the size and Wow some athletes anyone would want playing for them. But to much finesse if I had a team like that I would pound ppl all night. So "soft" I don't think is really the right word but closest to the nicest I can think of.
These type of threads are useless. Belfry is big, strong, fast and deep with areas that need improvement especially on defense. Soft is not a word that comes to mind when I see them play. "Not tackling" and "losing containment"are words which are much more appropriate to use when describing the Pirates.
Ha I guess you think they are soft because they were nice enough to put in Jv the third quarter against LC? Looks like you're the marshmallow pal
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:And don't take the soft word to heart. Belfry has the size and Wow some athletes anyone would want playing for them. But to much finesse if I had a team like that I would pound ppl all night. So "soft" I don't think is really the right word but closest to the nicest I can think of.

Our oline pushed the d line all over the place..you have the film watch it...we just poorly executed as a team...so i say again BELFRY played mediocre against a mediocre team...
I gave my opinion and get jumped and everyone wants to argue. All I said was if I had a team like Belfry I would get away from the finesse and be more physical. And soft was a poor choice of words Smh. And your not gonna pull me into an arguement so keep trying.
I'm not gonna argue
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I gave my opinion and get jumped and everyone wants to argue. All I said was if I had a team like Belfry I would get away from the finesse and be more physical. And soft was a poor choice of words Smh. And your not gonna pull me into an arguement so keep trying.
Belfry is not FINESSE in any way offensively. 403 yards rushing and 138 from your FB does not signify finesse. Belfry lines up and dares you to stop them on the ground. Few do or have done it consistently. It will not happen this Friday and the team they face next Friday has a shot to slow down the Big Red Machine. If JC does it, and out of respect for their team and program I would say they have a chance to be physical right with the Pirates, it will be the last time, this side of BG, that Belfry is slowed down.
I just gave my opinion that I thought I had a right to do. I thought I saw a Blonde Lady on the sidelines is that who calls the plays?
Is this going to be Round 2 since the other thread was closed?? If so, let me get my :popcorn:

Ok now GO!!!! Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Is this going to be Round 2 since the other thread was closed?? If so, let me get my :popcorn:

Ok now GO!!!! Confusednicker:

No Round 2 sorry I'm just giving my opinion and asked a question. :biggrin: I'm not here to argue cause feelings get hurt and a whole nation can't hang with THEBIGONE.
Get BACK ON THE PORCH!!!!!!! LOL
First off, even I think this thread is dumb. Belfry may be a regular choke deep in the playoffs, but they're not soft. Trinity Carr is great running right up the middle. The few times I have seen Belfry play, they are a physical team and they do not hide anything. They go right at you.

Now, if this is me starting a thread like this, I would have said something different like...

"Is Belfry soft? You have to wonder why they keep being Central's Mrs. in the state title game. Maybe the fact that Belfry can't keep up with the big boys, and deep down knowing that you're never winning a state title has made Belfry soft."

Got to work on those openers...
WideRight05 Wrote:First off, even I think this thread is dumb. Belfry may be a regular choke deep in the playoffs, but they're not soft. Trinity Carr is great running right up the middle. The few times I have seen Belfry play, they are a physical team and they do not hide anything. They go right at you.

Now, if this is me starting a thread like this, I would have said something different like...

"Is Belfry soft? You have to wonder why they keep being Central's Mrs. in the state title game. Maybe the fact that Belfry can't keep up with the big boys, and deep down knowing that you're never winning a state title has made Belfry soft."

I know what You and Everyone is thinking that I started this thread. The truth is I didn't :Shaking: And I even said soft is not the right word and changed it to finesse. And no they don't try to run it right at you they try to beat you on the outside. And imo with their size and I agree Carr a great looking athlete. But with the size of the line they have either They are to slow or Carr and the rest of the backs afraid to or can't take a hit. IMO
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I know what You and Everyone is thinking that I started this thread. The truth is I didn't :Shaking: And I even said soft is not the right word and changed it to finesse. And no they don't try to run it right at you they try to beat you on the outside. And imo with their size and I agree Carr a great looking athlete. But with the size of the line they have either They are to slow or Carr and the rest of the backs afraid to or can't take a hit. IMO

I'm confused. So you're thebigdawg and belfry_ ?
WideRight05 Wrote:First off, even I think this thread is dumb. Belfry may be a regular choke deep in the playoffs, but they're not soft. Trinity Carr is great running right up the middle. The few times I have seen Belfry play, they are a physical team and they do not hide anything. They go right at you.

Speed kills...
Okay I will think harder next time thanks for the info
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I know what You and Everyone is thinking that I started this thread. The truth is I didn't :Shaking: And I even said soft is not the right word and changed it to finesse. And no they don't try to run it right at you they try to beat you on the outside. And imo with their size and I agree Carr a great looking athlete. But with the size of the line they have either They are to slow or Carr and the rest of the backs afraid to or can't take a hit. IMO
Austin Hatfield is one of our leading rushers and He is our full back... Every yard he has gotten has been by running it right at them and he is not afraid to take a hit.. Most of the time he hits and keeps trucking....
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Speed kills...

Not when You play a JC or someone namely Central or any other team that can match or has more.
skully03 Wrote:Austin Hatfield is one of our leading rushers and He is our full back... Every yard he has gotten has been by running it right at them and he is not afraid to take a hit.. Most of the time he hits and keeps trucking....

I didn't notice him when we played. If thats right why go away from that? All I saw was off tackle left and off tackle right very predictable. In so much I was calling the play from the stands that Belfry was gonna run. But I don't blame Y'all for running Hatfield up the middle. If Belfry is gonna win it all thats what they will have to do.
Hey WideRight......Are you THEBIGDAWGS mentor...lol
We will beat JC
You were calling the plays in the stands and LC knew what was coming and they still couldnt stop him
Belfry_ Wrote:We will beat JC

:Shaking:
skully03 Wrote:You were calling the plays in the stands and LC knew what was coming and they still couldnt stop him

I guess thats why #10 layed I can't remember the number. Thats how good of lick it was. I didn't see that play ran anymore all night.
Wide right I never called belfry soft I said is belfry soft to see all the haters I could get to comment back.
Either that back was the only one that ran that play or no one wanted to take the hit when they did.
Pages: 1 2 3