Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nothing to see here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

http://news.yahoo.com/dem-congressman-co...28183.html

Florida Rep. Alan Grayson (wikicommons)
Controversial Democrat Alan Grayson has set off a flurry of criticism from conservatives after the Florida congressman sent out a fundraising email to supporters in which he compared the tea party to the Ku Klux Klan.

Grayson’s original comments came during a recent appearance on MSNBC’s “Politics Nation with Al Sharpton.” Grayson was discussing the tea party’s influence on the Republican Party when he said, “At this point, the tea party is no more popular than the Klan.”

And rather than shy away from that comment, Grayson included them in bold letters on his website with the quote taking readers directly to a fundraising page for Grayson’s re-election campaign.

Grayson’s fundraising page includes the image of a burning cross; it uses the cross as the letter “T” and spells out “tea party” in flaming letters:

"As a black Tea Party activist, I could say that there's nothing more offensive than equating the Tea Party with the Ku Klux Klan,” Jennifer Burke, National Outreach Director for TheTeaParty.net said in a statement emailed to Yahoo News. “The hate speech uttered by sitting congressman Alan Grayson is deplorable, even by the low levels reached in recent years when Democrats routinely call us racists and suicide bombers."

Grayson’s comments were also criticized by the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC).

There’s no excuse for the hateful words and imagery used by Congressman Grayson,” NRCC spokesman Matt Gorman said in a statement. “House Democrats should swiftly and strongly condemn him and return the money he has raised for them. This hate-filled rhetoric has Americans fed up with Washington.”

Click on the link for a picture of the "classy" Tea Party symbol he used.
^ I saw this last night. Legislators like Grayson reveal the true psyche of government officials in general. To me they govern from a position of self ascribed nobility. They're just plain better than most people, who need to be told what they are to think, and who need to be told what they can have, by the congressional priestly order. In fact, he is a zealot, unfit for public office IMO.
^^
Love the sig!!!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Love the sig!!!!

Confusednicker:

LOL, I was just admiring yours. :lmao: