Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 38 Morgan County 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cougars choke in Jackson once again.
Breathitt reaches back and wins one to show they are still Breathitt Country,
airball3 Wrote:The Cougars choke in Jackson once again.

The Cougars choke in Jackson once again????? This is the only game I can ever recall Morgan County having a chance to win against Breathitt. In order to choke, you have to be in a position to win, and this is the only game Morgan has ever played Breathitt within forty points in Jackson. With that being said, both teams played hard, but Thornsberry can't beat teams by himself. He played very well the first half, but the bobcat defense stepped up in the second half. This was a very sloppy game, with numerous flags being thrown. The bobcats may not be the most talented team to wear blue and white, but they have heart, and they play hard to the final snap for Coach Moore. Congrats Bobcats on another district championship, you guys have earned it.
Morgan did let it slip in 4th quarter though. Breathitt's defense came up big. With that defensive stop, and then quick score, the momentum seemed to go to the Bobcats. Did Cougars even get another first down after that?
Morgan picked off a BHS pass and returned it for a TD and lead 26-25 in the 4th. Honestly, it came down to who wanted it the most, no beating around the bush about it. Cat Daddy is 100% right, Breathitt played hard till the final snap. Breathitt will not quit. Thornsberry gave all he had, just like he always does.

We went over there with 24 kids and played our guts out. Choke? Somebody needs to show you the definition of what "choke" really means.
I love all of these posts how Morgan choked and how the Breathitt is so talented etc.......you must have had the same Beer goggles on the Refs had. The refs won the game for Breathitt. Not them, when you have numerous calls taken back after there made and flag after flag on Morgan for BS reasons and nothing called on Breathitt. The refs beat Morgan fair and square not Breathitt co and they are not better than Morgan. I hope we meet them again in playoffs on different ground and hope we demolish me since pops and fairy ref won't be there. Then they wont be no one to save those little Bobcats!!!!
Rapture Wrote:I love all of these posts how Morgan choked and how the Breathitt is so talented etc.......you must have had the same Beer goggles on the Refs had. The refs won the game for Breathitt. Not them, when you have numerous calls taken back after there made and flag after flag on Morgan for BS reasons and nothing called on Breathitt. The refs beat Morgan fair and square not Breathitt co and they are not better than Morgan. I hope we meet them again in playoffs on different ground and hope we demolish me since pops and fairy ref won't be there. Then they wont be no one to save those little Bobcats!!!!

Are you serious!!!!! I respect the majority of Morgan County fans, but some live in a fantasy world. Both teams were hampered by penalties, and both teams were penalized way too many times. No excuses, Breathitt's defense stepped up when it needed to. The bobcat defense was the difference maker, not the officiating.
Rapture Wrote:I love all of these posts how Morgan choked and how the Breathitt is so talented etc.......you must have had the same Beer goggles on the Refs had. The refs won the game for Breathitt. Not them, when you have numerous calls taken back after there made and flag after flag on Morgan for BS reasons and nothing called on Breathitt. The refs beat Morgan fair and square not Breathitt co and they are not better than Morgan. I hope we meet them again in playoffs on different ground and hope we demolish me since pops and fairy ref won't be there. Then they wont be no one to save those little Bobcats!!!!

I believe I read that this is NOT a talented Breathitt team;they just have alot of heart.We may win one playoff game but we will not meet again.You will NOT win a playoff game.
Bobcats 2013 District champs!!!!
I recall the refs taking the ball form breathitts QB Adam White after he fumbled the ball and recovered it himself and giving it to morgan. So there is no excuses why morgan diddnt win except breathitt out played them. And there is no excuse why breathitt diddnt beat them by more than what they did!!!!

What game was you watching? Breathitt didn't have any more penalties than Morgan. That's the problem with Morgan, you can't handle the least bit of success. You came into the season expecting to run rampant over the competition, especially Breathitt County, and since that has not happened it's one excuse after another. I'm afraid you will have to wait until next year to get another shot at Breathitt since Morgan will be playing a good Lawrence County team in the play offs. I'm predicting another one and done for the cougars in the play offs.
Breathitt was unable to stop the run 1st half. Breathitt made adjustments, to at least, slow the running game in the 2nd half. Morgan's lack of a passing game doomed them. Once Breathitt regained the lead it was over. Morgan battled their butts off and never quit. Having only 25 players had to have worn them down!
I have a lot of respect for both programs and coaches. Sounds like a hard fought game between two hard nosed teams. Good luck to both the rest of the way!

I have to comment on this and let me say I don't mean any disrespect to the coaches, players or fans of Breathitt Co.... but.....I don't think Morgan "choked"... it is really easy to win on your home field when the following takes place: the horrible officiating that was there that night, clearly in favor of the home team; penalties called on Morgan for crazy stuff...like stepping over the "imaginary Line" on the sidelines... any flag called on Breathitt was "called back" .. their players were allowed to take low cutting cheap shots to cause injuries and NOTHING was called!!! no flag, no warning, NOTHING!!! the game was not even stopped!! I hear that this young mans season has possibly been ended because of what a player did and the referees allowed it!! Football is a rough sport, and players can get hurt at any time, but when a player takes "blatant action" against another one, that is another story. I know that referees have to put up with some bad things sometimes but these referees were so disrespectful to Morgans players and coaches.. they would not stop the game when injuries occurred and they would not even allow or acknowledge the coaches when they wanted to ask a question... They expect the coaches, players and fans to respect them, but they show no respect in return. Morgan came in with 24 or 25 kids and most have to play on both sides of the ball...completely wearing them out. I think Morgan played their butts off, never stopped and it was a tremendous game and they almost beat Breathitt ...and the officials....
blue rainbow Wrote:I have to comment on this and let me say I don't mean any disrespect to the coaches, players or fans of Breathitt Co.... but.....I don't think Morgan "choked"... it is really easy to win on your home field when the following takes place: the horrible officiating that was there that night, clearly in favor of the home team; penalties called on Morgan for crazy stuff...like stepping over the "imaginary Line" on the sidelines... any flag called on Breathitt was "called back" .. their players were allowed to take low cutting cheap shots to cause injuries and NOTHING was called!!! no flag, no warning, NOTHING!!! the game was not even stopped!! I hear that this young mans season has possibly been ended because of what a player did and the referees allowed it!! Football is a rough sport, and players can get hurt at any time, but when a player takes "blatant action" against another one, that is another story. I know that referees have to put up with some bad things sometimes but these referees were so disrespectful to Morgans players and coaches.. they would not stop the game when injuries occurred and they would not even allow or acknowledge the coaches when they wanted to ask a question... They expect the coaches, players and fans to respect them, but they show no respect in return. Morgan came in with 24 or 25 kids and most have to play on both sides of the ball...completely wearing them out. I think Morgan played their butts off, never stopped and it was a tremendous game and they almost beat Breathitt ...and the officials....

Blue Rainbow, what took you so long? You may need to think about changing your name to "Mr. Excuse", because all you do is make excuses. According to you, if the Cougars lose, they either have four or five starters out, or they were cheated. You need to come to the realization that Morgan County isn't very good this year. Morgan had every opportunity in the world to win this game, and they didn't. Breathitt made the plays that counted during the final five minutes, and the Cougars didn't. As I said before, the officials didn't beat Morgan, the Bobcats did. Suck it up and quit making excuses, because you look like a fool.
The fact we are talking about Morgan Co. and Breathitt in the same sentense is a sign of just how far the Bobcats have fallen.
blue rainbow Wrote:I have to comment on this and let me say I don't mean any disrespect to the coaches, players or fans of Breathitt Co.... but.....I don't think Morgan "choked"... it is really easy to win on your home field when the following takes place: the horrible officiating that was there that night, clearly in favor of the home team; penalties called on Morgan for crazy stuff...like stepping over the "imaginary Line" on the sidelines... any flag called on Breathitt was "called back" .. their players were allowed to take low cutting cheap shots to cause injuries and NOTHING was called!!! no flag, no warning, NOTHING!!! the game was not even stopped!! I hear that this young mans season has possibly been ended because of what a player did and the referees allowed it!! Football is a rough sport, and players can get hurt at any time, but when a player takes "blatant action" against another one, that is another story. I know that referees have to put up with some bad things sometimes but these referees were so disrespectful to Morgans players and coaches.. they would not stop the game when injuries occurred and they would not even allow or acknowledge the coaches when they wanted to ask a question... They expect the coaches, players and fans to respect them, but they show no respect in return. Morgan came in with 24 or 25 kids and most have to play on both sides of the ball...completely wearing them out. I think Morgan played their butts off, never stopped and it was a tremendous game and they almost beat Breathitt ...and the officials....

1. Its actually not an imaginary line. Its a coaches box that all teams are required to stay in. Coaches may also not come on the field as most think they are entitled to do so. This late in the season they should know this by now. It is a penalty when they are outside this non imaginary line.

2 So every single flag that was called on Breathitt was waved off? The stats dont show Breathitt with 0 penalty's. I have a hard time believing every single flag was waved off. Lets just be conservative here, I have a hard time believing more then one flag was waved off.

3. So now referees can see in the future and stop a play before it happens? If they would of called a penalty on said play would the kid of still gotten hurt? Yes. So you would of had a hurt kid still but a penalty. How is this letting a kid get hurt? Sometimes you need to think about things before you speak. Because it wasnt called a penalty is why this kid got hurt? Think about that.

4. If a kid gets up and goes to the sideline their is no reason to stop the game. You dont stop it every time someone gets banged up. Its stopped when they are injured and cant get off the field. I find it hard to believe the refs just left a kid laying in the middle of the field and played on. Again think about what you say before you say it.

5.Actually they arent required to speak or answer any questions. Especially if they come in the wrong tone. Then only the HEAD coach may do the asking. No assistant of any kind is supposed to question an official. Also their is a difference in asking the interpretation of a rule, and a judgement call that was made. Most officials will explain what they saw if asked correctly, however they are not in any way required to.

I wasnt there, but just reading your post makes me think you are coming off as a very sore loser. All the things you complain about are nearly impossible to believe or in the case of letting a kid get injured just dumb. Its pretty simple. sloppy football leads to sloppy games, which leads to a lot of penaltys. From what ive read in other post, a lot of flags where thrown both ways. Leads me to believe it could of been poor play or discipline on both sides. If Breathitt would of came out on the losing end I really dont believe they would of been on here giving excuses though. Take a loss and move on to the next week. I wanna go back to the day when adults held kids responsible and told taught them how to lose. Now days its all about who you can blame because simply put YOU DIDNT GET THE JOB DONE.
Stripedofficial, You have taken alot of time to dissect my message... but the first sentence of your last paragraph, " I wasn't there..." says it all.. you were not there, so you really have no business even commenting on this situation. But,I will address your post, to explain this so that you might understand...
1. I know what a coaches box is... my comment was directed at how frivilous that kind of penalty would be, compared to some of the ones that Breathitt committed on the field and then were "called back". I did not state that all of their flags were called back.

2.I do not think referees can see into the future. (You are reaching waaay out there....) My point here , (and you said it yourself,) is, if a kid is hurt and down on the field..play should stop. This young man was not able to get up and go to the sidelines... he was down on the field injured in pain and the game continued. I realize the play must continue, but when an official sees this type of conduct from a player to an opposing player, something should have been done. Nothing was done and one of the refs started to call a penalty for stepping out of this coaches box when the Head coach started on the field to check on his injured player!! ( My point of referees not being observant) They call penalties all of the time for "mouthing" but not one for "blatant action"??? I do not understand that rule. I am sure if you asked the injured young mans parents what was going thru their minds when they witnessed this , I am sure they would tell you they don't understand it either. The video is pretty revealing.
And as far as a referee not allowing a Head coach to ask a question, I would think you should use common courtesy.. especially when a Head Coach says,
"Mr. Referee, May I please ask you a question?'.. Can't get much nicer than that...

I am not making excuses or being a sore loser, I am only pointing out the obvious.. I am quite proud of the way the Cougars played.. Even if Morgan had won, I think there still would be some comments on here.. it is such a rivalry, but be assured these young men from morgan know how to accept a loss... they've held their heads up and have moved on to this weeks opponent.. .
Actually you said ANY flag that was called on Breathitt was called back. In that context any means all.
Me not being there has no bearing on knowing how officials call the game. If the kid was laying on the ground and didn't attempt to get up they stopped the game plain and simple. If he attempted to get up then they let him get up and either stay in the game or go to the sideline. If they stop play he must sit out a play and a lot of times they will give a player a few seconds to see if they are going to get up on their own. You keep saying he was laying on the ground and the game continued. There is just absolutely no way this is the truth. If they continued to play with a kid laying on his back hurt then the officials should be suspended and license taken forever. I just don't see 5 grown men saying play around him. Or any coaching staff allowing it to happen no matter now many penaltys it cost them.
Whos are we to choose which penaltys to enforce and which to let go? You say its frivolous, but refs cant pick and choose which rules to enforce. No matter how much they don't agree with the rule. If a ref didn't call offsides and told the coach well I dont really thing its a big rule so I don't like to call it, how would that look?
And to say the refs ALMOST threw a flag for a coach coming to check on a player? Again are you a mind reader? How does an official almost throw a flag? Did he pull it out of his pants, wave it at the coach and put it back up?
As for the Head coach asking a question, I didnt say he couldnt ask. I said he would normally only get an answer if he asked the right way. And only HE could ask.
Oh and ive reffed a lot of games and NEVER have I had a head coach ask me a question like this in the middle of a game, especially after a penalty. "Mr. Referee, May I please ask you a question?'

And yes Ive had a few Morgan county games. Super nice coach, but never heard that. Period.
Of course, you would side with an official... your name says it all!! I was only trying to explain my position to you on what happened since you were not there and have not seen the footage.. but it is obvious that there is no way to explain anything to you... I am just sorry that this young man and this team had to endure the repercussions of referees who think they know all and have control of this game. They definitely did not have control of this game.. Morgan is moving on.
stripedofficial Wrote:If they continued to play with a kid laying on his back hurt then the officials should be suspended and license taken forever. I just don't see 5 grown men saying play around him. Or any coaching staff allowing it to happen no matter now many penaltys it cost them.

Im not siding, I actually said if what you said is true then they needed to lose their license forever. I do have access to watch the game on hudl, but again I must say their is no way a white hat blew the ball ready for play with a kid laying on his back hurt in the middle of the field and told them to play on. Unless you are talking about him getting hurt durign a play and them not stopping it I just dont see your point. But you know they cant just stop the game when someone gets hurt right? They have to let the play go on then tend to the injured player after it. Surely you know enough that your not wanting officials to stop play as soon as they think someone is hurt.
You simply cant explain anything to me because you havent made one valid point. Ive backed everything ive said up with first hand knowledge of how a game is called.
You lost, take some responsibility for that and move on. Please stop always trying to find someone to blame. Its surely not an officials fault if a kid gets hurt during a football play.
stripedofficial Wrote:Im not siding, I actually said if what you said is true then they needed to lose their license forever. I do have access to watch the game on hudl, but again I must say their is no way a white hat blew the ball ready for play with a kid laying on his back hurt in the middle of the field and told them to play on. Unless you are talking about him getting hurt durign a play and them not stopping it I just dont see your point. But you know they cant just stop the game when someone gets hurt right? They have to let the play go on then tend to the injured player after it. Surely you know enough that your not wanting officials to stop play as soon as they think someone is hurt.
You simply cant explain anything to me because you havent made one valid point. Ive backed everything ive said up with first hand knowledge of how a game is called.
You lost, take some responsibility for that and move on. Please stop always trying to find someone to blame. Its surely not an officials fault if a kid gets hurt during a football play.

I am not always trying to find someone to blame... if Morgan beats themselves, then they have no one to blame but themselves.. if they are beat by a better team, then so be... I have admitted that Morgan lost... (I just think they had a little help) I am nowhere at anytime blaming an official for this young man getting hurt. I believe the blame lies with whomever decided to hit this kid in the knee when there was no reason for it... the ball was down the field in play.. I believe I said that the young man was hurt during a play. And while I know that the game cannot be stopped during that play, my point is that an official who is in plain view of the hit that took place, should have called a penalty and should not have been tempted to throw a flag for a coach going to check on an injured player. You are correct, he is the official, he should have been the one to go check on the kid initially. The main point here is that unfortunately, this young mans season has been ended and from what I hear, is possibly facing surgery and several months of rehab!! I saw him on the sidelines Friday night, standing on crutches with what looked like a leg brace, in the frigid temperatures, supporting and cheering on his teammates, when he could have easily been sitting in the stands or at home in his warm house..( I'm sure he would have been listening to the game though) In my opinion, this young man didn't deserve what happened to him, but has shown how maturity and how truly dedicated he is to this team... I wish him the best and a complete, speedy recovery..
Now this post I have no gripes with. I just took your previous post as the official being the cause of the injury and them playing on with him laying hurt. I just assumed you meant the next play because everyone knows they cant stop it in the middle of the current play. As for the penaltys I wasnt there but did hear their was a lot of flags thrown the whole game both ways.
Two weeks ago though, good luck the rest of the way and I hope the kid has a speedy recovery. Is he a Senior?
No he is a junior, but possibly will not get to compete in any other sport this school year.