Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SK 19 - Dixie 14 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone please tell me about this one:popcorn:
I'm curious as well. :popcorn:
ST is the difference. sk takes opening kick off of a td. also dixie fumbles on a punt return gives sk short field. also DH bad snap on a field goal try.
Any news on Kuntz stats
SK with a big win. Closer than expected.
SK escapes the upset. Dixie had the ball with time and three timeouts left......and decides to goto the pass.

Last two drives prior Dixie moved the ball well via the run. Both defenses made plays all night. This was a knock down drag out war. So much for the stamina concern. Dixie maintained good pressure on Kuntz. I know Dixie defense was the best SK has seen so far this year.

Colonels have nothing to hang their head over. I'm proud of the tremendous effort and never quit approach.

As stated earlier special terams was the deciding factor. SK returned opening kick off for a TD which was the difference in the game. Plus a fumble by Dixies punt returner inside the 25 enabled SK to recover and capitalize on the score which put them ahead.

This game could have gone either way. SK came out on top and congrats to the Pioneers. Keep fighting Colonels, Dixie Nation believes in you!!!
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Any news on Kuntz stats

Kuntz was 14-19, 111 yds, 0 tds 74% and 19 rushes 20 yards 2 tds.
Dixie will be fine. Clean up the special teams mistakes and Dixie will be a force in the playoffs. Great run offense, enough passing for balance and a great defense. Several long time consuming drives by both sides. SK had to adjust to short passing because Dixie put pressure on Kuntz all night on deeper routes.
Final minutes 2 Dixie players where on the sidelines fighting each other not sure what happened.
Ball control Dixie had the ball around 19 minutes SK had it around 30 minutes.
Pick6 Wrote:Dixie will be fine. Clean up the special teams mistakes and Dixie will be a force in the playoffs. Great run offense, enough passing for balance and a great defense. Several long time consuming drives by both sides. SK had to adjust to short passing because Dixie put pressure on Kuntz all night on deeper routes.

Thought there would be adjustments made for Kuntz to get rid of the ball quicker on pass plays. Kudos to Dixie's D and coaching staff for there preperation especially with the circumstances the Dixie coaches had to deal with this week. A win is a win which leaves SK off to there best start in school history. 9-0 :notworthy
Maybe both these teams could easily beat Trinity Confusednicker:

Oh wait, there a big bad private school :biglmao:
no moral win for dixie but this SK team was not as advertised. O line was big but didnt block well qb scaked lots tonight. Dixie D had a lot of big hits.
my thoughts on how they matched up.

Qb run dixie
QB pass sk
oline see qb match up
RB DH
TE DH. sk te didnt play much
LB DH fisk is a beast
DLine same
cb same dixie didnt pass much
WR sk/ does dh have a wr?
ST big time SK
autopart101 Wrote:no moral win for dixie but this SK team was not as advertised. O line was big but didnt block well qb scaked lots tonight. Dixie D had a lot of big hits.
my thoughts on how they matched up.

Qb run dixie
QB pass sk
oline see qb match up
RB DH
TE DH. sk te didnt play much
LB DH fisk is a beast
DLine same
cb same dixie didnt pass much
WR sk/ does dh have a wr?
ST big time SK

Pretty sure Moore ran for his life in the back field most the game.
SK is now 9-0 and swept their district! Great job Pioneers!
E's Army Wrote:SK with a big win. Closer than expected.

Not really
UK1fan Wrote:Final minutes 2 Dixie players where on the sidelines fighting each other not sure what happened.

That happened in their game with Campbell co too
UK1fan Wrote:Pretty sure Moore ran for his life in the back field most the game.

pretty sure SKs qb did to!
Football is all about match-ups, and I said all week that from what I saw, Dixie was the best match-up to SK, and they were.

Who knows how the emotion of this game was affected by the passing of coach Brossart's wife. Generally these give a team a big boost, but sometimes results in a bigger drain due to so much emotions spent early on, at the end of games. But my hats are off to the Colonels for being able to rise up to the challenge and put them in a position of winning a Friday night football game. God bless Coach Brossart and his family as well as all the Colonels as their real emotional release comes Sunday. My thoughts and prayers with you all!
CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky. -- She watched from the sidelines every time her husband led his Dixie Heights football team on the field.

Her unwavering support motivated him week in and week out, but this Friday she wasn't able to be there.

For that very reason, head coach David Brossart knew he must be there on the field - that's what she would have wanted.

Brossart lost his wife, Kris to cancer just days ago. However, he found courage and strength to coach his team in Friday night's game.

How has he done it?

"Because my wife was so incredibly strong," Brossart said. "She was my best friend, she was a whole lot stronger than me, I tell you!"

PHOTOS: Remembering Kris Brossart

Kris was diagnosed with cancer in December 2012. Brossart said it was an MRI that found 20 lesions in his wife's brain. At that time, the Brossart family was told that Kris had only months left to live.

"We talked about what to do," Brossart said.

He said the family weighed their options. He considered taking a break and spending time with her.

However, the family decided their best choice was to keep things normal. The brave Colonels coach, despite grieving, was able to maintain full time work. He only missed seven or eight days of school.

As Kris continued her cancer fight, she became unable to walk. Despite being bound by her wheelchair, she made it to every Dixie Heights football game to help cheer her husband on.

"It was incredible," Brossart said of his wife.

As her husband coached and two teams battled for a win, Kris sat in the end zone for every meeting. A cheerleader for Dave and her family, she really looked forward to Friday nights.

"Sports and Fridays under the lights always brought us together," Brossart said. "She always told me to put my career first."

And this Friday, Coach did just that. He missed practice on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. As the week wrapped up, he returned to work to be around his players.

"I know my wife would want me to be out there coaching tonight." Brossart said. "She knew how happy that football makes me, and how much I love my career."

It's because of Kris' support, and sharing of his passion for his career that Brossart was able to take the field and be on the sidelines doing his job.

But it wasn't easy. His team has been so supportive, he said.

"It's going to be emotional, tonight is going to be real," Brossart said before the game. "I'm proud they are going to honor my wife. She is someone who can inspire other people."

Prior to the 7 p.m. kickoff at Simon Kenton High School in Independence, Ky., a moment of silence was observed for Kris. Brossart said all his players wore his wife's initials on their helmets.

Kris' father, Charlies Reynolds, sat beside many of the people who've supported his family through the months as his daughter battled the disease that took her life.

Reynolds said while the support he felt Friday night was special, the Northern Kentucky community has been with his daughter, his son-in-law and his entire family every step of the way.

"It's been a tough ride for the family, but the support has been incredible," he said.

Even though Dixie Heights came up short in a 19-14 struggle against Simon Kenton Friday night, the display of team support leading up to the game earned Brossart, his family and the young men on the football squad a much more important win.

Through the tragic loss, the Dixie Heights community has rallied together behind Brossart, who has been a coach of sorts to people on and off the football field.

Defensive back Ethan Harrison's father Joe said the team has managed to maintain a great sense of focus this week due to their special desire to do their absolute best for their coach. They have come together like a big family.

"It's like I've never seen," Harrison said. http://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school-s...tball-game
http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...310180141/

Again, great effort by both teams. Maybe these two teams meet again in the playoffs? If they continued to win, what round would they meet?
Spirit100 Wrote:http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...310180141/

Again, great effort by both teams. Maybe these two teams meet again in the playoffs? If they continued to win, what round would they meet?

Regional Final