Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Week of 10/18 - 6a Playoff Bracket Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Playoff picture as of right now for 6a according to KHSAA 2013 playoff pairings.

R1
Henderson @(6-1) (1-0) vs Boone (0-8) (0-3)
McCraken Co @(5-2) (1-0) vs Muhlenberg (4-3) (0-1)
Daviess Co (4-3) (0-1) vs Meade Co @(5-2) (1-0)
Marshall co (1-6) (0-1) vs Central Hardin @(8-0) (0-0)

R2
Butler @ (5-2) (1-0) vs Ryle (2-6) (1-1)
Seneca@ (1-7) (1-0) vs Dixie (5-2) (1-1)
PRP (3-4)...(0-1) Vs Campbell @(4-3) (1-1)
Southern (4-3) (0-1) vs Simon Kenton @(8-0) (3-0)

R3
Trinity (4-3) @(2-0) vs Oldham Co (2-5) (0-1)
Male (7-0) @ (1-0) vs Eastern (2-4) (0-1)
Manual (6-1) (0-1) vs Ballard @(3-4) (1-0)
Saint X(4-4) (0-2)vs Fern Creek @(4-3) (1-0)

R4
Scott Co @(7-0) (1-0) vs Madison Central (1-7) (0-1)
Dunbar @(5-2) (1-0) vs GRC (1-6) (0-1)
Henry Clay (6-1) (0-1) vs Lafayette @(2-6) (1-0)
Bryan Station (3-3) (0-1) vs Tate's Creek @(5-3) (1-0)
Key to point out that if Ryle beats Campbell County on Friday. There is a chance a coin flip could determine the seedings for R2 seeds two- four.
Simon Kenton Still looks to be the favorite on the North/West (however you want too look at it) side of the Bracket. The survivor of the South/East side should be battle tested but severely worn down with Scott County, Henry Clay, Trinity, Male, X and Manual all on the same side.
Also Dunbar and Tate's Creek will be strong stumbling blocks in the way of the big powers this year.
How good are the unbeatens you ask. Well here are there opponents records to help shed some light.

Central Hardin (7-0) - Opponents combined record- 29 - 24
Simon Kenton (8-0)- Opponents combined record- 22 - 37
Male (8-0)- Opponents combined record- 24 - 27
Scott County (7-0)- Opponents combined record- 16 - 31. (Henry Clay is 6-1)
Friday will basically decide how the seedings fall for almost all the districts-
The most intriguing of those matchups-

Trinity @ Male
St X @ Manual (X loses they will be the 4 seed)

Campbell @ Ryle (Ryle wins there is a possibility for a 3-way tie)

PRP @ Butler (Yes PRP was upset Friday but I am judging by season overall thus far)

Central Hardin @ Meade County (arguably will decide 1st place)

Henry Clay @ Dunbar (playing for 2nd seed)

Ballard @ Fern Creek (could determine 1st)
What a tough Brackett coming out of r3. Who comes out?
TNT-MB1 Wrote:How good are the unbeatens you ask. Well here are there opponents records to help shed some light.

Central Hardin (7-0) - Opponents combined record- 29 - 24
Simon Kenton (8-0)- Opponents combined record- 22 - 37
Male (8-0)- Opponents combined record- 24 - 27
Scott County (7-0)- Opponents combined record- 16 - 31. (Henry Clay is 6-1)

That is interesting, because we have heard all year long that Central Hardin has played a terrible schedule. I'm not saying that isn't true, but they have played the best schedule out of the unbeaten teams when you look at records.
It is interesting because a lot of the bigger schools have complained that Central has only played small schools. But if you look so have they Confusedhh:
Central wont get their "true" test (outside of collins) untill the third round of the playoffs.. they might have a good team but the lack of tough schedule will help them fall... yes the teams they play have winning records but thats means nothing besides that the teams they played had fairly easy schedules..
Agreed becuase if you look some of the teams that are .500 or just below have way harder schedules. You have to take some of these undefeateds with a grain of salt.
Interesting if you look at there opponents combined record that they have played so far top 10 by Ap ranking.

1. Trinity- 37 - 16
2. Scott County- 16 - 31 (Henry Clay is 6-1)
3. Male- 24 - 27
4. Simon Kenton- 22 - 37
5. St X- 36 - 20
6. Manual- 24 - 25
7. Central Hardin- 29 - 22
8. Henderson Co- 27 - 25
9. McCraken Co- 27 - 23
10. Henry Clay- 20 - 33 (Scott County 7-0)

Dixie Heights- 24 - 27

Some notable Losers with hard schedules-
Ryle (44 - 28)
Boone (35 - 23)
ontopofthewest Wrote:Central wont get their "true" test (outside of collins) untill the third round of the playoffs.. they might have a good team but the lack of tough schedule will help them fall... yes the teams they play have winning records but thats means nothing besides that the teams they played had fairly easy schedules..

I agree. They have a solid team but I don't seem them as much of a threat in 6A. In my opinion their schedule has just been too weak to prepare them for a deep playoff run.
Yeah I mean when the playoffs start everyone is 0-0. You can get a good idea about what will happen but any given Friday anyone can win.

I think this playoff season will have some upsets especially in R1. It's always interesting to see how these schools play different styles of offense and defense they usually don't see.
I'm still picking my final 4 as-
R1
Central Hardin (Could see this as McCraken but we will see how they fair against Henderson co Friday)

R2
SK (sorry uk, Hop, pick6 but this depends if they can make it thru district 6 twice) I could easily see a Campbell Matchup and Dixie matchup again.

R3
Trinity (if Male loses to Trinity Friday I pick Male if Male wins Friday I pick Trinity)

R4
Scott County (Henry Clay wins out I think they might be able to pull it out in in a rematch)