Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Alabama 48 - Kentucky 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Commonwealth
Alabama
Almost 400 yards passing
Around 300 rushing.

Absoloutly embarrassing.
Bama is a freakin machine.

Those numbers are bad but the defense actually hung in foe a whole. Smith was awful in relief of whitlow and the three and outs just kept putting the defense back out there.

There is a reason Alabama is number 1 and has won 3 of the last 5 national titles. We got to witness that tonight. They are just so damn good and deep at every position .
The last three games was pretty much what we expect. The final games will make or break this team.
It was fun to watch Bama in person! What is amazing about them was the fact that they were three deep at every position, and their threes would start for UK. As FBALL said, they were a machine. As for the D hanging in there for a while, not sure how that can be assumed. D was fortunate to not give up two TDs because of Fumbles inside the five yard line in the first quarter. As for Smith, he was blessed with horrendous hands by his receivers. For a kid fighting for a job, his receivers were terrible! Balls in the middle of their chests were dropped like the ball was on fire.
They hung in in defense by not giving up huge chunks only small ones. I didn't say they dominated. Lol

Timmons had a terrible night catching the ball.

My point was the defense was on the game what seemed like the whole game. I think TOP was 36 to 24 in Bamas favor. The offense could never sustain a drive to give the defense a break.

The D wasn't great but they at least put up a fight. They were gassed.
I am not impressed at all with Neal Brown and his system! The "read option" plays are useless when your QB (Max Smith) couldn't out run Stardust! I feel that Brown is the guy responsible for culling Patrick Towles. I think Towles is gameday QB, he looked really good last season, on his first series as a college QB he lead UK to a TD in a SEC game. I also don't care for the "Hurry Up" crap, a team in the rebuild mood needs to shorten the game and control the clock some. Brown's Offense doesn't look anything like the Hal Mumme system .
^
Were moreof a running team that this whole "air raid" shenanigans that i seen 14 commercials about in the offseason.
The entire offensive gameplan went out the window when Whitlow got hurt. Not saying we had a chance with him healthy, but I think we would have had more than one first down in the first half. After he got hurt Smith come in and just looked bad. When he did make good throws to open receivers they dropped it. UK did run the ball decent, but not sure why we didn't see more Kemp. He's been our best back all season, however the staff keeps sticking with Sanders. Sanders didn't have a bad game running the ball, but I would still like to see more Kemp.

I don't think you can blame Neal Brown for how bad this offense is. I mean the quarterback play on this team is terrible. You can blame the previous staff for the extremely weak talent that was recruited while they where in Lexington.

Defensively, there are some bright spots. Guys where in the right place to make the play, it's just the other team has way more talent and was capable of making the tough plays and making them look easy. However, like all season, the defense has been on the field at least 75% of the game. I don't think they are as bad on defense as we think, it's just that they don't get any help from the offense. They'll play good for a quarter and a half usually, then they're just exhausted the rest of the game. The two players I'm not very happy with is Mister Cobble and Donte Rumph. Those two are overweight, slow, and just don't make plays.

All in all, I feel sorry for coach Stoops. His best players are freshman and JUCO guys that he and staff brought in, outside of Dupree and Williamson. Just about everyone else that was recruited by the the previous staff should not be playing in this conference.

Like mentioned above though, we will really find out who wants to be out there and who doesn't with the remainder of this schedule.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The entire offensive gameplan went out the window when Whitlow got hurt. Not saying we had a chance with him healthy, but I think we would have had more than one first down in the first half. After he got hurt Smith come in and just looked bad. When he did make good throws to open receivers they dropped it. UK did run the ball decent, but not sure why we didn't see more Kemp. He's been our best back all season, however the staff keeps sticking with Sanders. Sanders didn't have a bad game running the ball, but I would still like to see more Kemp.

I don't think you can blame Neal Brown for how bad this offense is. I mean the quarterback play on this team is terrible. You can blame the previous staff for the extremely weak talent that was recruited while they where in Lexington.

Defensively, there are some bright spots. Guys where in the right place to make the play, it's just the other team has way more talent and was capable of making the tough plays and making them look easy. However, like all season, the defense has been on the field at least 75% of the game. I don't think they are as bad on defense as we think, it's just that they don't get any help from the offense. They'll play good for a quarter and a half usually, then they're just exhausted the rest of the game. The two players I'm not very happy with is Mister Cobble and Donte Rumph. Those two are overweight, slow, and just don't make plays.

All in all, I feel sorry for coach Stoops. His best players are freshman and JUCO guys that he and staff brought in, outside of Dupree and Williamson. Just about everyone else that was recruited by the the previous staff should not be playing in this conference.

Like mentioned above though, we will really find out who wants to be out there and who doesn't with the remainder of this schedule.

I have seen improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Last season UK gave up 31 points a game, through 6 games UK is giving up 29.3 this season, which is a modest improvement but keep in mind they have played 4 highly ranked teams. I agree Cobble and Rumph lack the heart to play DT in the SEC. Every game you can count on one of them laying down like they have been shot, then getting helped off the field! The next 6 games will tell the tale.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The entire offensive gameplan went out the window when Whitlow got hurt. Not saying we had a chance with him healthy, but I think we would have had more than one first down in the first half. After he got hurt Smith come in and just looked bad. When he did make good throws to open receivers they dropped it. UK did run the ball decent, but not sure why we didn't see more Kemp. He's been our best back all season, however the staff keeps sticking with Sanders. Sanders didn't have a bad game running the ball, but I would still like to see more Kemp.

Im not saying this is a reflection of the coaching staff. To put it bluntly, these Joker players suck. Its that simple.
But, that brings me back to my originial question, why didnt they go with Towles to begin with knowing he could develop? We already know Smith is absoloutly horrible and Whitloe is not a QB.