Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan County @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who wins and why?
JC goes 8-0 and 3-0 in the district.... Setting up a district title showdown at Putnam Stadium.
futurestatechamps Wrote:Who wins and why?

Blow out!! If Matney wants!!
I think the Ashland fans and Rowan Co. fans are in a conspiracy to get JC thinking about Ashland and overlook Rowan Co. because an Ashland fan has already started a thread about the JC vs. Ashland game in 2 weeks.

:dontthink

Nice try you jokey jokesters.......
JC is on another level. They will win big.
JC with another running clock before the night is over.

Main thing is to stay healthy! Getting to be crunch time now.
Johnson Central 58 ( running clock )
Rowan County 06

Rest your FG kicker for Ashland game Johnson Central :worthy:
Rowan will give JC their best game of the year.
JC-35 Rowan-21
Looking at RC's schedule and scores, it looks like Coach Singleton has done an excellent job bringing his team along each week.

I think that JC will pull away from Rowan County because of the Golden Eagles' superior depth but any defense that holds Quentin Baker to 42 yards rushing has to be taken seriously. Rowan County forced Ashland to pass the ball to get Baker in position to do some damage but JC just has too many offensive options for the Vikings to shut down their ground game.
Jc wins big
No one is stopping JC till they get in the playoffs and play the likes of Lex Cath, Boyle Co, FT Highlands etc...
:Thumbs:Eagle train keeps on rolling thru Morehead. Stay focused boy's one game at a time.
Matney is an egotistical pompous a**hole. He continually displays poor sportsmanship towards other coaches in the state. Although his teams are very successful. I would equate him in the same coaches such as Coach Petrino. F**** him. Nothing against the kids though. They should be good since they are so much older. Amazing what hold backs do for ya.
fb fan Wrote:Matney is an egotistical pompous a**hole. He continually displays poor sportsmanship towards other coaches in the state. Although his teams are very successful. I would equate him in the same coaches such as Coach Petrino. F**** him. Nothing against the kids though. They should be good since they are so much older. Amazing what hold backs do for ya.

Oh held back kids huh? Well that should play an advantage. So you mean to tell us that these boys are 19, almost 20 yr old seniors? Mmmmm interesting.
Yes everyone around eastern ky knows how he works. He continually has kids parents talked into keeping kids back. He has great teams. Kids are awesome. I'm just saying as for him personally, he is an a**. He displays poor sportsmanship every year, either at a coaches meeting, or at a game. If he doesn't get his way he throws a fit. I've seen it first hand in meetings.
fb fan Wrote:Yes everyone around eastern ky knows how he works. He continually has kids parents talked into keeping kids back. He has great teams. Kids are awesome. I'm just saying as for him personally, he is an a**. He displays poor sportsmanship every year, either at a coaches meeting, or at a game. If he doesn't get his way he throws a fit. I've seen it first hand in meetings.
So you have seen Coach Matney fight for his team,fight for his kids and do everything he can to get his kids recognized.He works hard to get his community and school known state wide for what the kids do on the football field.Like him or not he will fight you til the end for his team,his kids or his school.You are right why would anyone like to have that kind of guy around their program.
fb fan Wrote:Matney is an egotistical pompous a**hole. He continually displays poor sportsmanship towards other coaches in the state. Although his teams are very successful. I would equate him in the same coaches such as Coach Petrino. F**** him. Nothing against the kids though. They should be good since they are so much older. Amazing what hold backs do for ya.

FBfan4life Wrote:Oh held back kids huh? Well that should play an advantage. So you mean to tell us that these boys are 19, almost 20 yr old seniors? Mmmmm interesting.

fb fan Wrote:Yes everyone around eastern ky knows how he works. He continually has kids parents talked into keeping kids back. He has great teams. Kids are awesome. I'm just saying as for him personally, he is an a**. He displays poor sportsmanship every year, either at a coaches meeting, or at a game. If he doesn't get his way he throws a fit. I've seen it first hand in meetings.

:dudecomeon: :gtfo:
:haters:
Pulp Fiction Wrote::dudecomeon: :gtfo:
:haters:

Brother who you telling to GTFO? Im not hating! If you choose to hold back a kid for athletic purpose only. That's your business. You want to run around the field with bunch of 19yr or almost 20yr seniors, pounding on a bunch of 16-17 yrs old. Get your kicks and by all mean, knock yourself out. That age thing would not matter anyways when you meet up with the likes of FT Highlands.
Agree totally.
Just curious, what was Matney's response when you said these things to his face at one of those meetings?
Highlands will beat them just like last year. That is the only way he knows how to "fight for his team" is to build his team with 19yr. olds that were hold backs.
fb fan Wrote:Highlands will beat them just like last year. That is the only way he knows how to "fight for his team" is to build his team with 19yr. olds that were hold backs.
Johnson Central did not play Highlands last year.
FBfan4life Wrote:Brother who you telling to GTFO? Im not hating! If you choose to hold back a kid for athletic purpose only. That's your business. You want to run around the field with bunch of 19yr or almost 20yr seniors, pounding on a bunch of 16-17 yrs old. Get your kicks and by all mean, knock yourself out. That age thing would not matter anyways when you meet up with the likes of FT Highlands.

I assume you think I is better to get your kicks on a public website crying about young adults playing an athletic even against other young adults?

Hold backs are common everywhere across the state. According to KDE regulations only a legal guardian can authorize a child to repeate a grade after completion. No point in blaming Matney for something parents or guardians agreed to.
Ask how many of his teams players were held back during their school years. Hmmmm bet people wouldn't want to know the REAL answer to that one. LOL But hey, if that's what it takes to make you a great team, then by all means go for it. Like it was said, won't matter when Highlands takes the field with them.
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:I assume you think I is better to get your kicks on a public website crying about young adults playing an athletic even against other young adults?

Hold backs are common everywhere across the state. According to KDE regulations only a legal guardian can authorize a child to repeate a grade after completion. No point in blaming Matney for something parents or guardians agreed to.

AGAIN my response to that is I DON'T CARE if you hold back a kid for athletic purpose only, THAT'S YOUR BUSINESS. I don't even know who coach Matney is you bafoon. Go talk to " fb fan ", he seems to know him well. Im not your wife, so get off my @$$.:ChairHit:
Yes, you are correct. I just think that having a bunch of older 18 / 19yr. olds playing against mostly 15-17yr. olds is not a good comparison of talent. Also if you are constantly encouraging SEVERAL kids to do this for the sake of winning football games is absurd. Parents are often convinced by their coach such as this one, to hold their kid back for other reasons. Only to find out it was only for his own selfish reasons.
fb fan Wrote:Ask how many of his teams players were held back during their school years. Hmmmm bet people wouldn't want to know the REAL answer to that one. LOL But hey, if that's what it takes to make you a great team, then by all means go for it. Like it was said, won't matter when Highlands takes the field with them.
You are the big shot who attends meetings with Matney and has witnessed his tantrums. Surely, you have asked him this question face to face, haven't you? If not, please do so, and do so with the same tone and wording that you used above. Please let us know how that goes too. I am interested in knowing what his response is. :eyeroll:
I love it when someone creates two screen names and then has a conversation with himself. Guess one more voice fits right in with the other voices in their head.
At least pick screen names that are not as close as fb_fan and fbfan4life. C'mon man...be creative.
khsgamenight Wrote:I love it when someone creates two screen names and then has a conversation with himself. Guess one more voice fits right in with the other voices in their head.

Brother I sure hope your not referring to me. Again I don't know who Matney is let alone where Johnsonville or Johnson Co is located. I know about J.J. Rude who was a great back for them few years ago. Respectfully if that's towards me, call me out and don't hide. I have and always been FBfan4life.
Pages: 1 2 3