Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 28 Lexington Christian 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Middlesboro moves to 6-1 and gets their first district win in 2 years. Good win for the Jackets!

On to Danville!
Congrats to the Jackets for getting their 1st district win since they have been in this current district. I believe the Jackets will beat Danville as well and should set up the showdown with Somerset for the district crown.

I talked to someone that I believe would know and he told me that Middlesboro changed their entire defensive strategy and plan against Pikeville and that is why the defense was so bad against them. I also saw a quote in the local paper that Coach Frazier was quoted that Union Va was the best team Mboro played all year to that point and won 28-6 I believe it was.

Union is Appalachia/Powell Valley which were both Va powers. Amazing to give up 77 to a team the week before then come home and play a better team and win 3tds. Amazing.
Great win for Mboro!!! Call me crazy but, I think Middlesboro goes on to win the District!
Congrads on there 1st win. Danville has beat Somerset so this game will be bigtime next week..
Danville back from the dead with a big win tonight. Should be a good ball game next week.
tazcat Wrote:Congrats to the Jackets for getting their 1st district win since they have been in this current district. I believe the Jackets will beat Danville as well and should set up the showdown with Somerset for the district crown.

I talked to someone that I believe would know and he told me that Middlesboro changed their entire defensive strategy and plan against Pikeville and that is why the defense was so bad against them. I also saw a quote in the local paper that Coach Frazier was quoted that Union Va was the best team Mboro played all year to that point and won 28-6 I believe it was.

Union is Appalachia/Powell Valley which were both Va powers. Amazing to give up 77 to a team the week before then come home and play a better team and win 3tds. Amazing.
Whats amazing is how stupid the coach sounded saying something like that. Let a team put up 77 points on ya and then say another team you beat is better. Amazing!! :eyeroll:
tazcat Wrote:Congrats to the Jackets for getting their 1st district win since they have been in this current district. I believe the Jackets will beat Danville as well and should set up the showdown with Somerset for the district crown.

Amazing anyone believes this. Did I say amazing? I meant stupid.
Crossbones Wrote:Whats amazing is how stupid the coach sounded saying something like that. Let a team put up 77 points on ya and then say another team you beat is better. Amazing!! :eyeroll:

Hey it happens. Pikeville lost to Belfry by 36 and then beat a much better South Floyd team by 39.:rockon: The only thing more stupid than the coach saying it is that someone believed it.
jetpilot Wrote:Hey it happens. Pikeville lost to Belfry by 36 and then beat a much better South Floyd team by 39.:rockon:

Confusednicker::rockon:
Let's not get crazy about the 77 getting thrown up on ya best to just go ahead let that rest. I would definitely not bring it up.

Middlesboro is going to win this district more then likely. Somerset will not be able to hang with them. IMO they should be in a shoot out with Danville but prove to be a little too much for the admirals. I also thought somerset would beat Danville so we will have to wait and see on that one.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Let's not get crazy about the 77 getting thrown up on ya best to just go ahead let that rest. I would definitely not bring it up.

Middlesboro is going to win this district more then likely. Somerset will not be able to hang with them. IMO they should be in a shoot out with Danville but prove to be a little too much for the admirals. I also thought somerset would beat Danville so we will have to wait and see on that one.
i believe Somerset is more disciplined team and will prob beat Mboro, I have a hard time believing Mboro is LEGIT after going on the road and giving up 77... What happens next time they play another solid team on the road?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:i believe Somerset is more disciplined team and will prob beat Mboro, I have a hard time believing Mboro is LEGIT after going on the road and giving up 77... What happens next time they play another solid team on the road?

Everyone seems to forget that middlesboro had a ton of starters out for that game, were killed with penalties, and the backup punt returner fumbled the ball three times and pikeville converted those into TD's. Take away those three things, and middlesboro would've won that game and been 7-0 right now.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Everyone seems to forget that middlesboro had a ton of starters out for that game, were killed with penalties, and the backup punt returner fumbled the ball three times and pikeville converted those into TD's. Take away those three things, and middlesboro would've won that game and been 7-0 right now.

hahahaha Pikeville had people out too...keep watching the highlight film and notice how easy Pikeville scored every time they touched the ball...let it go you got absolutely and totally smoked...:truestory:
After seeing that Danville beat Somerset tonight 35-23 I would have to believe that Mboro on the road next week at Danville will prob lose that one
I heard the someraet game had serious
Injuries... Questionables with sprained ankles, knees, conussions. Not sure that's a good sign for district but I still have faith
I heard the someraet game had serious
Injuries... Questionables with sprained ankles, knees, conussions. Not sure that's a good sign for district but I still have faith
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:i believe Somerset is more disciplined team and will prob beat Mboro, I have a hard time believing Mboro is LEGIT after going on the road and giving up 77... What happens next time they play another solid team on the road?

And Danville is legit? Corbin played both teams and IMO middlesboro is a much better team. I think Middlesboro wins the district hands down!!
When is the Mboro and Somerset game? And where?
Wheres old mtn king?
I think you are starting to see my predictions come full circle.

As for this game, its obvious since week 0 that Somerset was going to struggle. Its okay not to win district every single year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wheres old mtn king?
I think you are starting to see my predictions come full circle.

As for this game, its obvious since week 0 that Somerset was going to struggle. Its okay not to win district every single year.

I actually think and have a feeling that we will see a 3 way tie.
^
Could be. But im already 1/3 there. As long as Corbin kills a horrible Bell team, ill be fine.
Bell has most definitely not been bell.
^
I still think Somerset and Danville both beat Mboro.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I still think Somerset and Danville both beat Mboro.

Middlesboro You guys just won the District :welcome:
Great job Jackets!! I hope, and believe, that you will take the District! It will be nice for you to be back there.

Oh, you STILL crazy LeeCoUKFan!!
Wink
Pikeville fans sure love to keep things going. They need to move on a little bit. They're trying to cover up for the fact that Middlesboro might have been able to beat them and they played an awful game.

Either way, Corbin scored 55 on Danville, only scored 14 on the Varsity Middlesboro team. I think that's a big enough difference to say Middlesboro will beat Danville, and win the District.
teampaul Wrote:Pikeville fans sure love to keep things going. They need to move on a little bit. They're trying to cover up for the fact that Middlesboro might have been able to beat them and they played an awful game.

Either way, Corbin scored 55 on Danville, only scored 14 on the Varsity Middlesboro team. I think that's a big enough difference to say Middlesboro will beat Danville, and win the District.

I am far from being a Pikeville fan. It is actually Middlesboro fans that keep bringing up that they can beat Pikeville after that same Pikeville team put 77 POINTS on the scoreboard on them. Stupid post like the one bolded above is why posters keep laughing and making fun of some of you all. :eyeroll::hilarious:
teampaul Wrote:Pikeville fans sure love to keep things going. They need to move on a little bit. They're trying to cover up for the fact that Middlesboro might have been able to beat them and they played an awful game.

To be fair, it's not Pikeville fans who bring it up. That was Tazcat. He commented about your coach saying the Virginia team was the best one you played this year, conveniently omitting you all had 77 hung on you by Pikeville. But that's ok, your coach can believe what he wants.
Scrimmages, Scrimmages.

Useless in predicting real games.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Scrimmages, Scrimmages.

Useless in predicting real games.
So? It was a scrimmage for us also.. on offense we only ran 2 different plays and the same defense all night long , Not once did we blitz.

Very disappointed In our fans and the LCA fans , a cpl years ago LCA brought a bunch more fans , way to stand behind your team (BOTH TEAMS)...

Middlesboro showed me that they aint just a one trick pony , you wanna put 9 in the box and stop our running game? thats fine we'll pass the ball (over 300 passing yards friday night) and our defense bent but it didn't break they pitched the shutout , We're still turning the football over WAY to much 6 times , lost what 3?? we wont beat Danville or Somerset if they can't fix that.
Pages: 1 2