Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 51 South Laurel 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!!
Congrats to Warriors.
Much deserved win!!
I expected Southwestern to win but, nothing like this! Very impressive! Be nice if someone had some stats from this game!
Congratulations Southwestern Warriors!!
Congrats to southwestern nice win. I've said a year that sw was the best team not to have a win I've seen all year. Nice job!!
South Laurel you devil you. You always give me hope.
Man, this will be a TOUGH first round game for Harlan County. I believe we can get to BG but it will be no easy task, even the first round.
^
If HC keeps winning in the playoffs, theyll most likely have to go through Southwestern, Madison Southern, Pulaski County, and then in the semis have to play Anderson or Franklin County, or possible even a South Oldham, Cooper, or Conner.

Then BG.

I think HC really struggle just get out of the second round alive. I think HC is a good team, but i dont think anybody thought MS and PC would be this good. Even North Laurel is decent. Going to be a tough year to make it out of region 4.
Great win for the Warriors!
Good to see the Warriors get their first win.
Southwestern has had a slobber knocker of a schedule and they have had the ability to step up and play to the level of their competition to the very end but, they haven't been able to get that one big play on offense or defense to push them over the top.
Congrats to the Warriors! It's been a long road so far. Hats off to the South Laurel and Southwestern coaches who gathered both teams, after their handshake, and had a group prayer. In light of all the bad press that Kentucky high school football has gotten lately, I thought this was a very classy way to end the game.
Congrats on the win glad to here both teams gathered after the game shows a lot of class from both coaches
5A district 7 is going to be a tough out in the playoffs this year. Congrats SW on the well deserved win.
South Laurel picked a bad year to be down. This district is loaded.
It's going to take a few years to build the South Laurel program back up to be being competitive. They need to give the new coach some time, and support.
E's Army Wrote:South Laurel picked a bad year to be down. This district is loaded.

1 winning season in the last 8 years. It was 6-5
Average of 3 wins per year in that time frame. Not sure the Cards are picking any years. Sad the program cant get more with what talent is at South.