Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: No. 1 Alabama @ No. 81 Kentucky 10/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to the game and am really looking forward to seeing the Crimson Tide in person!
I am going too but I'm more interested in seeing how much UK has improved or not since the Florida game. I would imagine things will look much smoother with one QB.

That said.

Bama 34
UK 10
I have a good feeling in this one. Last week was a confidence booster. Going with my Cats by a field goal. Or as my young son says "field gold"
Kentucky is going to shock the sports world tomorrow and defeat the mighty Crimson Tide!!
With the great Coach Stoops at the helm, im picking UK in a shootout.

UK 76
Bama 3
You mean sUcK still plays football???
Who will BBN be cheering for in this one?

Remember this is a football game!
FBALL Wrote:I am going too but I'm more interested in seeing how much UK has improved or not since the Florida game. I would imagine things will look much smoother with one QB.

That said.

Bama 34
UK 10

i say they improved last week in there loss to SC
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:You mean sUcK still plays football???

Yes. How about the mountainqueers?
Jalen Whitlow said something about upsetting Alabama tonight.........Don't see it happening....Miracles and upsets do happen (2007: Kentucky over LSU)....but come on...this is Alabama....
LOVE the euphanisms from dangerousdaneerfan and FBALL.....because they are so politically incorrect!!!

LOL

The whole lot of you are a bunch of dweebs. I love UK, but they will get drilled today. Just hope nobody gets hurt.
Bama by a lot, 56-10.

No chance of couches set ablaze this evening!
Saban has a title to play for, if they have a comfortable lead late, he will play clock management. Thus, I see UK beating the spread.
Refs aggrivate me; I freely admit that. But, it just seems to me that they are very very reluctant to flag Alabama.

That one guy clearly led with his helmet to the UK player's back. Saw a block in the back/holding....I may need to just stop watching it for a while.

Wink
24-0 Bama at the start of the 3rd.
41-7 Bama with 9 mins in the 4th remaining.
Ugly.
So much for starting Whitlow.
I guess your already back to the great and wonderful Maximus Smith.
I dont understand a coaches thoughts on playing these two kids at QB when we have nothing to lose this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ugly.
So much for starting Whitlow.
I guess your already back to the great and wonderful Maximus Smith.
I dont understand a coaches thoughts on playing these two kids at QB when we have nothing to lose this year.

Who else do you play at quarterback then?

Your other two options are Towles & Phillips.

One is having major trouble with the playbook and the other is a true freshman that wasn't recruited very highly.

Barker will come in and be the starter for UK next season.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:You mean sUcK still plays football???

At least we have Basketball to look for. All you guys have got to look forward to is winter.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Who else do you play at quarterback then?

Your other two options are Towles & Phillips.

One is having major trouble with the playbook and the other is a true freshman that wasn't recruited very highly.

Barker will come in and be the starter for UK next season.

You take a chance on Towles.
Its that simple. Everybody knows were going to suck this year. Everyone also knows you dont have a chance in heck to win the SEC.
So why not get him some experience and see how it goes? The other two are proven washes. Smith sucks, and lets face it, Whitlow needs to be playing the slot, hes no QB.

To make matters worse, were repeating the same thing Joker did. Playing two QB's with no success at all. That doesnt work.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You take a chance on Towles.
Its that simple. Everybody knows were going to suck this year. Everyone also knows you dont have a chance in heck to win the SEC.
So why not get him some experience and see how it goes? The other two are proven washes. Smith sucks, and lets face it, Whitlow needs to be playing the slot, hes no QB.

To make matters worse, were repeating the same thing Joker did. Playing two QB's with no success at all. That doesnt work.

Like I said in my previous post, Towles is having a tough time with the playbook. Plus the other two won the job in the off-season over Patrick. You also don't want to burn his redshirt halfway through the season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Like I said in my previous post, Towles is having a tough time with the playbook. Plus the other two won the job in the off-season over Patrick. You also don't want to burn his redshirt halfway through the season.

I know its pointless now. It would be useless to try and play him now. He should have been playing from the get go though.
As for Barker, if what im hearing is true, he wont be starting at UK. Now that teams are keying on him, hes really struggling against average high schools.
Many believe hes not even the best QB in NKY and I agree.
I think Houliston at Highlands and Kuntz at Simon Kenton are better. Dont get excited about this kid. I think we jumped the gun a little to early. If you got the money, you can get to the big time nike camps, but it doesnt mean your the best.

As for now, we are really screwed. Back to Max Smith and possibly no Whitlow at all. If the injury prone Smith goes down to injury, who plays then? Do you strip the redshirt off of Towles JUST like Joker did last year, or do you start Phillips, who lets be honest, isnt SEC caliber.
I honestly believe they are saving Towles until they can surround him with better talent.
^
Its very possible.
I guess one could take exactly what i was saying and say if were going to suck, why waste a year on him....

I truly believe Barker isnt going to solve any problems, and if he does ever start, its going to be his junior or senior years, and i def see him redshirting next year.
I think we need the experience. So far, I dont see a great future QB at UK. We really need to recruit a great QB for next year, maybe even take a JUCO if theres one out there.
FBALL Wrote:I honestly believe they are saving Towles until they can surround him with better talent.

This has to be the case since there is no such thing as a Highlands grad having difficulty with a college football playbook Confusednicker:.
^
ouch
Cats have to find a quarterback. You can't run the spread without one. Smith has no arm strength and holds the ball to long. Right now Whitlow is the best option. I hope he is healthy next week.
You guys can believe what you want, but Towles lost this job at camp. They may pull his redshirt if both Jalen and Max get hurt, but they aren't going to pull it just because UK sucks halfway through the season. It's pointless.

As for Barker, you do know that kids are recruited out of high school based on potential right? He can go out there and preform average, but he hasn't. He has a great build, a good arm, and he isn't rated as one of the best QBs in the country for no reason. He was also an Elite 11 finalist.

Say what you will, but there is a reason why Towles is being redshirted. If you think it's because they want to wait and get talent around him and just tank this season, then I guess, if that's what helps you sleep at night.
I can sleep fine either way. But watching him and watching what's out there playing gives a different impression.

Also this is the first game I've seen him in uniform. I think it was the Louisville game where he was on the sideline with a brace on his arm.

Maybe he is immature . Maybe he isn't healthy. Maybe he just isn't any good.

What I do know is he has more raw talent and a better arm than either Whitlow or Smith. And if he is not ready than for whatever reason I have now problem with the red shirt. I hope they don't pull it.
I'm just sharing what I've been told. And that is he's having trouble with the play book.

This is also his second straight year with two different coaching staff's where he is the 3rd string QB behind Whitlow who was a wide receiver in high school.

With Whitlow out with a sprained ankle, we may get to see Patrick against Miss State, that is if Smith comes out and continues to look horrible.

I'm rooting for Patrick, like I did last season as well, but for two years in a row he has been the 3rd string quarterback when the other two have been healthy with two completely different coaching staff's.

Hopefully he gets a shot in the coming weeks and performs well.
Pages: 1 2