Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Loserville play in the BCS championship game.....????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
IMO, NO. NO they will not!

Loserville has a very WEAK schedule

vs. Ohio 49-7
vs. Eastern Kentucky Univ. 44-7
@ UK 27-13
vs. Florida International 72-0
@ Temple 30-7
vs. Rutgers 24-10
vs. Univ. Central Florida
@ South Florida
@ UConn
vs. Houston
vs. Memphis
@ Cincinnati

Loserville plays only 1 SEC team (UK)... No Big 12, No Big 10, No ACC & No Pac 12 teams. And they have played No ranked teams as of now in the season.
Ohio - MAC; EKU - Ohio Valley; UK - SEC; FIU - Conf. USA & 8 teams in the AAC.

A 12-0 record does not earn them a spot in the BCS title game over 1 loss SEC, Big 10 or Pac 12 team. Sorry Dirtybirds.... maybe if you guys would have played some tougher non-conference games (Yes, that means UK is pretty weak) you could jump some team. But not with this years schedule.
Why do you care? There is a segement of the U of L fan base that for whatever reason thought there might be a chance. There are many who do not. I just don't see it. The schedule just dictates that. But they do have a chance to run the table and get to a BCS bowl game which is more realistic. U of L is not going to win style points. The offense is a 50/50 run/pass and is not a wide open spread or option read type that can be explosive and put up the points. I know this...the defense is pretty good. Bridgewater is the real deal. Strong has built the program into a contender and down the road U of L may get that shot. But anybody that uses the term 'loserville" can't be to bright anyway. The only people that I hear say that are kids. But they know no better.
No.
Loserville
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Why do you care? There is a segement of the U of L fan base that for whatever reason thought there might be a chance. There are many who do not. I just don't see it. The schedule just dictates that. But they do have a chance to run the table and get to a BCS bowl game which is more realistic. U of L is not going to win style points. The offense is a 50/50 run/pass and is not a wide open spread or option read type that can be explosive and put up the points. I know this...the defense is pretty good. Bridgewater is the real deal. Strong has built the program into a contender and down the road U of L may get that shot. But anybody that uses the term 'loserville" can't be to bright anyway. The only people that I hear say that are kids. But they know no better.

When the dirty birds can run the table when they play teams like Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Georgia, Clemson..... then loserville fans can hope for a Nat'l title.
Loserville? The same Loserville that beat our beloved Lexicant's?
Stardust Wrote:Loserville? The same Loserville that beat our beloved Lexicant's?

Don't be hatin' on our beloved KenSucky Mildcats
So far this season.... Loserville's opponents are as follows.

Ohio Univ. 4-1
Eastern Kentucky Univ. - 3-3
UK 1-4
Florida Internation Univ. 1-4
Temple 0-5
Rutgers 4-2

They are gonna have an excellent Strength of Schedule.
Stardust Wrote:Loserville? The same Loserville that beat our beloved Lexicant's?

Yes. That Loserville.
U of L has wins over the likes of Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami...in case you didn't know. In fact...it took U of L one game to do what UK hasn't done in twenty seven years. At least U of L has been in the NC conversation. That's a start.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:U of L has wins over the likes of Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Clemson...in case you didn't know. In fact...it took U of L one game to do what UK hasn't done in twenty seven years. At least U of L has been in the NC conversation. That's a start.

The computers and voters don't look at the seasons past.

Bid deal, they beat Alabama 20+ years ago (or however long it has been)
It's not gonna help them this season.

UK basketball has beat every team in the country that would be considered a "powerhouse" in basketball.... look where they were last season, beat out of the first round in the NIT.

Votes and polls are based on the CURRENT season.
UK has beaten Florida State and Clemson in the recent past. As well as A #1 ranked LSU. As well as Bama a few years back.

Loserville's now and again big wins from the past mean nothing this year. See even Kensucky can go back and claim big wins.

Historically speaking Loserville has nothing on big brother.
No.
FBALL Wrote:UK has beaten Florida State and Clemson in the recent past. As well as A #1 ranked LSU. As well as Bama a few years back.

Loserville's now and again big wins from the past mean nothing this year. See even Kensucky can go back and claim big wins.

Historically speaking Loserville has nothing on big brother.

Glad I can count on my new BGR buddy FBALL for some backup.
No, I will say they will not.
Strength of schedule is only relevant when you have a tiebreaker. If Louisville is the only undefeated team left, or one of 2 undefeated teams, then they'll play for a national title

with that said, I still think Cincy ruins perfection at the end of the season
Bama would beat the Cards by 5-7 TDs if they played tomorrow!
toussaints Wrote:Strength of schedule is only relevant when you have a tiebreaker. If Louisville is the only undefeated team left, or one of 2 undefeated teams, then they'll play for a national title

Let's hope, so we can avoid this scenario all together!

Cards are really putting a "whooping " on such powerhouses as Temple and Rutgers Confusednicker:...
An undefeated Loserville would not get the nod over a 1 loss SEC or PAC 12 team.
Spirit100 Wrote:Let's hope, so we can avoid this scenario all together!

Cards are really putting a "whooping " on such powerhouses as Temple and Rutgers Confusednicker:...

Temple Football gave us Bill Cosby, and much more to laugh about
No way they play for a title over a 1 or even 2 loss SEC champion. Their poor showing against Rutgers made sure of that and also took Bridgewater out of Heisman contention. So says the experts....see link

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball...and-101013
the real question here isn't if an undefeated Louisville is better than a 1 loss SEC team. It's if Louisville will play for a national championship if they're 1 of 2 undefeated BCS teams.

But going back to that 1st question, Louisville did pound a 1 loss Florida team in the Sugar bowl last year, so I wouldn't be so quick to say they wouldn't beat a 1 loss SEC team
No they may get a BCS bowl but not for the National Championship. Next year they will upgrade their schedule in the ACC? It's still a far cry from the SEC!
toussaints Wrote:Strength of schedule is only relevant when you have a tiebreaker. If Louisville is the only undefeated team left, or one of 2 undefeated teams, then they'll play for a national title

I disagree.

(Hypothetically speaking)

You would see a one loss Oregon, Ohio State, Clemson, etc in over an undefeated Louisville.

Boise State will have had MUCH better cases to be in the BCS championship during their undefeated runs than Louisville.
If the American wasn't a BCS conference, then I would agree. However this season, the American is a BCS conference, meaning the conference champion will go to a BCS bowl game. That's why Louisville didn't leave for the ACC right away. It's also the reason why Boise State didn't make the national championship game.

I do think a 1 loss Clemson, Oregon, Ohio State would be more deserving, but I don't see it happening
Louisville could not join the ACC without paying a significant amount of money this year. The schedule (which UK fans cannot understand is what the Cards were left with) is what it is. Any objective college football fan (and someone who actually knows anything about the game) knows that a team that has BCS NC aspirations doesn't want to chance a loss. Because U of L might just beat them and knock them out of the NC scenario. U of L wanted a better schedule. Not to many takers. I do believe Florida was ranked pretty high last year.

As for the past...U of L did beat a ranked Florida State team...not one decimated (thirty players were suspended when UK barely beat them with one of (their best teams ever). As for the "poorly" played Rutgers game where Bridgewater threw for 300 yards and two touchdowns, Perry gained 114 yards, the defense had eight sacks and four INT's...I will take it. Rutgers (who has beat one of those SEC teams) will be in a bowl game. There were several "poorly" played games Saturday by ranked teams...Georgia, Stanford, Michigan, Northwestern, Oklahoma...and Texas A&M. I don't give a rats ass about the schedule. That changes next year. In the meantime U of L has to take care of business with a nice test against a good Central Florida team Friday night. Win out and they get a BCS bowl game. Meanwhile U of L can get a lot of players game experience because of the schedule...keep the redshirts on the freshmen class..and bring back a very experienced team when joining the ACC. U of L loses very few starters.

As for basketball...lol...(football season has apparently ended at UK) U of L has a pretty long history of success (and U of L actually has student/athletes). I guess they could count wins over the Lexington YMCA back in 1900 or national championships when eight teams played in the NCAA tourney and the NIT was more prestigious. UK and U of L both have one of those in that era.
Look. Little brother is crying for attention again.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Louisville could not join the ACC without paying a significant amount of money this year. The schedule (which UK fans cannot understand is what the Cards were left with) is what it is. Any objective college football fan (and someone who actually knows anything about the game) knows that a team that has BCS NC aspirations doesn't want to chance a loss. Because U of L might just beat them and knock them out of the NC scenario. U of L wanted a better schedule. Not to many takers. I do believe Florida was ranked pretty high last year.

As for the past...U of L did beat a ranked Florida State team...not one decimated (thirty players were suspended when UK barely beat them with one of (their best teams ever). As for the "poorly" played Rutgers game where Bridgewater threw for 300 yards and two touchdowns, Perry gained 114 yards, the defense had eight sacks and four INT's...I will take it. Rutgers (who has beat one of those SEC teams) will be in a bowl game. There were several "poorly" played games Saturday by ranked teams...Georgia, Stanford, Michigan, Northwestern, Oklahoma...and Texas A&M. I don't give a rats ass about the schedule. That changes next year. In the meantime U of L has to take care of business with a nice test against a good Central Florida team Friday night. Win out and they get a BCS bowl game. Meanwhile U of L can get a lot of players game experience because of the schedule...keep the redshirts on the freshmen class..and bring back a very experienced team when joining the ACC. U of L loses very few starters.

As for basketball...lol...(football season has apparently ended at UK) U of L has a pretty long history of success (and U of L actually has student/athletes). I guess they could count wins over the Lexington YMCA back in 1900 or national championships when eight teams played in the NCAA tourney and the NIT was more prestigious. UK and U of L both have one of those in that era.

This post reminds me of the scene from the movie Office Space where Richard Riehle's character Tom Smykowski is in the meeting with the two Bob's. They ask him "What would you say.... you do here?" He's trying to describe that he's good at dealing with the customer, but he doesn't take their phone calls directly and he doesn't take the specs from the customer to the I.T. people... the more he tries to describe what his job is, the madder he gets.

When reading FTB's post, that is the mental picture I got.... a dirty bird fan trying to tell some UK fans how awesome their team is..... but the more they try to tell us how awesome they are, we're looking at their schedule and just nodding our heads. Saying "Oh please, tell us about how bad you beat down Eastern Kentucky Univ. & The mighty Temple Owls."
Like most UK fans..your comprehension skills are lacking. Nowhere did I say U of L is awesome. You have a couple of clowns on here who can't back anything up with facts. If U of L fails in the ACC I sure hope we don't hang on their nutsacks like UK does the SEC. So UK plays in the SEC. It doesn't automatically make UK relevent. Compete or get out. And you know why UK doesn't want to get out. I grew up cheering UK..but I also liked U of L..being that I wasn't born in Kentucky. Hearing the ignorance that many UK fans spew..not just about U of L...but Duke, North Carolina etc. just turned me off. It's ok not to like your rival....just don't be stupid about it. :biggrin:
No! Their schedule will kill them in BCS rankings
Pages: 1 2