Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 60 McCreary Central 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Corbin just bigger stronger faster at every spot. McCreary played hard but was just over matched. 47-0 halftime. The clock was running midway through the 2nd period. Raiders showed a lot of heart continuing to play hard.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin just bigger stronger faster at every spot. McCreary played hard but was just over matched. 47-0 halftime. The clock was running midway through the 2nd period. Raiders showed a lot of heart continuing to play hard.

Glad I didn't have to pay to get in. Worst team in the state!
Embarrasing to see kids go through this what are the coaches doing what is the problem with that program
wiznut Wrote:Embarrasing to see kids go through this what are the coaches doing what is the problem with that program

I dont know the coaches, but I'm familiar with the county and its overall attitude towards athletics. McCreary Central, like a lot of places, has people that THINK they know what it takes to be great and/or THINK that the athletic programs (in particular football) mean something to the program; but they don't, simply because they've never been part of programs and seen what giving a crap actually looks like.

I can promise you that their hardships in the football program go welllllllllllllllllllll beyond the coaching staff. Thing is, there are a whole heck of a lot more programs/communities out there across the state that fit the same bill.
I can't believe a 3a team only dresses 18 people!! I felt sorry for the kids, Corbin put in their JV and McCreary rotates out two guys unreal!! I guarantee I could walk the halls of the school and pick up 25-30 kids. They need to take a close look at their coach and see what the heck is going on over there. Corbin didn't even dress Coppick or Jackson and had all kinds of subs in after the first two scores. Idk I just kinda felt sorry for the kids they didn't have 20 fans show up.
Go Big Red! Wrote:I can't believe a 3a team only dresses 18 people!! I felt sorry for the kids, Corbin put in their JV and McCreary rotates out two guys unreal!! I guarantee I could walk the halls of the school and pick up 25-30 kids. They need to take a close look at their coach and see what the heck is going on over there. Corbin didn't even dress Coppick or Jackson and had all kinds of subs in after the first two scores. Idk I just kinda felt sorry for the kids they didn't have 20 fans show up.

You just answered your own question.
I was at this one.
Could have been a 200-0 if Corbin would have wanted it to.
Good thing Jewell called the dogs off or he could have broke every single game record thats ever existed.
Running clock before half, and Corbin came back out and played all frosh and jv after halftime. I have to say, Corbins younger kids look really good as well. They dont have a whole lot of size, but that little runningback and QB they had looked pretty good. To be honest, MC couldnt really stop them.

I dont see Corbin losing again until the playoffs. Good way to bounce back.
Well 18 players with 20 fans that sounds about right. It's RIDICULOUS for a 3a team to dress 18 kids!!! Extracurricular activity helps kids it gives them something to do and keeps them out of trouble. It also makes kids try harder in school so they can play sports. IMO the whole feeder system needs revamped over there to get kids playing.
McCreary has been losing ground since Coach Gay retired. It took months for them to hire a coach last spring when the coach resigned. The complete spring was lost. The present coach has did some things that will be beneficial down the road but hurt now. He has lost some kids by enforcing the no practice no play rule. Can you imagine Coach Jewell letting a kid play who went fishing rather than practice? He is instilling the discipline and work ethic it will take for them to become successful. If this bunch does not win football games they will learn some life lessons.
Do you think now that corbin won they can put the wayne co stats up, i would like to see what players did good vs wayne and what they did best.
That's all great abd us older folks know that stuff ia important. But how long will the MCC administration let the program roll in the mud even with the new coach? I hope they give him tme.
I get that but mc is not the only one in these positions this is really embarrassing to see kids go through this it ain't right to punish kids like this is it?
:
ataclance Wrote:That's all great abd us older folks know that stuff ia important. But how long will the MCC administration let the program roll in the mud even with the new coach? I hope they give him tme.

I don't know what it takes to make people outside of McCreary County realize that the Administration don't give one Iota about the Football Program. Never Have, Never Will. When your Super and AD don't care it's easy for others to follow suit. The Super in McCreary may have attended 3 games in last 4 years, maybe??? He only came to a couple in 2009 when they were 7-4 and had the only winning season in School History. If the Super in other counties around McCreary acted as ours Super Acts towards Football they would be a riot and he would be removed in a heart beat. McCreary Football will continue to struggle until these people in charge are gone!!!! Then Someone who cares about the Kids and Football is hired.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
Congrats to Corbin on the win. As far as McCreary County goes, yes they only are dressing 18 young men out for games, yes they are struggling, but they will get better.Coach was put behind the eight ball when he was hired so late in the process. Then people that have not been around the program want to bash the coaching staff and the kids for not having more success on the field, Rome was not built in a day and this program has struggled for years, but you can mark it down if the powers that be in McCreary will give this staff time, they along with the great young men in McCreary County will turn the program around. GO RAIDERS!
Full deck Wrote:Do you think now that corbin won they can put the wayne co stats up, i would like to see what players did good vs wayne and what they did best.

The Corbin stats that I remember.

Coppock ran for 159 yards in 24 or so carrries and 2 TD's.
Waddle had approx. 15 yds. with 4 or 5 carries.
Jackson ran it twice for around 10-12 yds. and a TD.
Moore had a 41 yd TD catch, plus a 2 pt. conversion reception.
Taylor was 4-12 passing
kyrj Wrote:Congrats to Corbin on the win. As far as McCreary County goes, yes they only are dressing 18 young men out for games, yes they are struggling, but they will get better.Coach was put behind the eight ball when he was hired so late in the process. Then people that have not been around the program want to bash the coaching staff and the kids for not having more success on the field, Rome was not built in a day and this program has struggled for years, but you can mark it down if the powers that be in McCreary will give this staff time, they along with the great young men in McCreary County will turn the program around. GO RAIDERS!

I wasn't bashing them and I didn't know the story about the coach. I had the privilege of playing at a few different schools. One of which was Lynn Camp do u think the superintendent showed up for our games. Lol!! I just think its a shame for them to have such a small turn out for football I know they have a good girls volleyball team. So it's not that nobody will put effort forth to have a successful program. I hope the coach can bring the boys together and get some kids to come out. I hate that you took this as bashing I said I felt sorry for the kids and really hope they do good in the future.
McCreary has a good 8th grade bunch. They should be better next year. They are in a very good district. Wayne, Corbin and Bell make it very tough on a building program. It will take several years for McCreary to build in to a team which will be competitive in that district. I hope this staff is given the opportunity to continue the positive steps they have made this year. Kudos to the young men who have stuck it out this year.
Cellking Wrote::

I don't know what it takes to make people outside of McCreary County realize that the Administration don't give one Iota about the Football Program. Never Have, Never Will. When your Super and AD don't care it's easy for others to follow suit. The Super in McCreary may have attended 3 games in last 4 years, maybe??? He only came to a couple in 2009 when they were 7-4 and had the only winning season in School History. If the Super in other counties around McCreary acted as ours Super Acts towards Football they would be a riot and he would be removed in a heart beat. McCreary Football will continue to struggle until these people in charge are gone!!!! Then Someone who cares about the Kids and Football is hired.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

E's Army Wrote:McCreary has been losing ground since Coach Gay retired. It took months for them to hire a coach last spring when the coach resigned. The complete spring was lost. The present coach has did some things that will be beneficial down the road but hurt now. He has lost some kids by enforcing the no practice no play rule. Can you imagine Coach Jewell letting a kid play who went fishing rather than practice? He is instilling the discipline and work ethic it will take for them to become successful. If this bunch does not win football games they will learn some life lessons.

First Gay didnt do anything for the program. He knew he was bailing out after Watts was gone. He did nothing to prepare the younger kids for the varsity the next season. He may have dress 30 players, but only played 15. Gay had one winning season in football, and average 1 win a season for his career. Gay didn't require his players to attend practice, and they still played on friday night. Just ask his players they will tell you.
Glad to hear the new coach has installed some discipline in the program.

Glad to hear that W and L are not important now, that its all about life lessons! You and your lapdogs bashed Coach Smith all seasons about losing.

Second. People from outside realize that its not the adminstration. McCreary will never have a succussful football program until GAY and his LAPDOGS are far away from the program.

TongueirateSho:biglmao:
Wade you and Rob Jones need to stay off the message boards. Everyone knows its you. Till Rob is gone and the super McCreary is gonna be bad. Anytime Gay is mentioned you show up cause he is not afraid of you all and tell it like it is. Shame on you for being such a real lapdog to a castrated wore out dog like Robert Jones.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Wade you and Rob Jones need to stay off the message boards. Everyone knows its you. Till Rob is gone and the super McCreary is gonna be bad. Anytime Gay is mentioned you show up cause he is not afraid of you all and tell it like it is. Shame on you for being such a real lapdog to a castrated wore out dog like Robert Jones.

Thanks Gay or Gays Lapdog he tells it like it is but it all lies lies lies lies .

:welcome:

:Cheerlead
Whitley Co and McCreary needs to play. We need a win bad over here, it could be a playoff game, for a one win season!