Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Sheldon Clark 10/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions?
Ashland by as many as they want. Probably the biggest mis-match on Ashland's schedule.

A brief history of the Ashland vs. Sheldon Clark series.....

2000: Sheldon Clark won 48-0
2001: Ashland won 42-0
2002: Sheldon Clark won 28-26

No more games between the two until this season.
Ashland all day in this one.
I think the Cards play with Ashland the first half.
Ashland going on the road! Oh-Boy!
Ashland by 30
This team is not playing well on the road and plays down to their competition so unless things change it will be close for a lot longer then it should be!
T-CATS Wrote:This team is not playing well on the road and plays down to their competition so unless things change it will be close for a lot longer then it should be!

My thought exactly. My other thought this week. Why did we duck belfry.
They can't play that far down. Baker beats the Cardinals and puts up big numbers.
The ironton game should've been the kick start to a good run for the cats. Instead it's been a step backwards every week. I wonder if maybe this is by design to lull Johnson central asleep. I hope not cause if it is that is a short sighted and very foolish strategy
Ether couldn't lull them asleep enough to make a difference in that game.
I realize the scores aren't what everyone thinks they should be. I cant believe that people dont realize that this Ashland coaching staff has made a commitment to playing more kids and platooning when and if possible. Baker plays offense only and very little special teams and he isnt the only kid that could probably play both ways and provide a lift. I read that everyone thought Mueller was crazy at Highlands when he wanted to platoon. How people said it will never work. Looks like he was on to something. It will take a little time to get where the coaches want it to be. It may not work in Ashland who knows. Either way I compliment them on the effort to try and raise the bar for the school. I will not be discouraged when the score isnt a blowout. I will not call them underachievers and I will not criticize the coaches for their plan. I may not agree with every decision but I will support the team year in year out. I say let the haters hate and dare to be different.
washed up Wrote:I realize the scores aren't what everyone thinks they should be. I cant believe that people dont realize that this Ashland coaching staff has made a commitment to playing more kids and platooning when and if possible. Baker plays offense only and very little special teams and he isnt the only kid that could probably play both ways and provide a lift. I read that everyone thought Mueller was crazy at Highlands when he wanted to platoon. How people said it will never work. Looks like he was on to something. It will take a little time to get where the coaches want it to be. It may not work in Ashland who knows. Either way I compliment them on the effort to try and raise the bar for the school. I will not be discouraged when the score isnt a blowout. I will not call them underachievers and I will not criticize the coaches for their plan. I may not agree with every decision but I will support the team year in year out. I say let the haters hate and dare to be different.

Don't get me wrong I knew the defense would struggle with the platooning. But the offense should be clicking alot better. 14 points in almost 4 quarters against boyd is just unacceptable. I do think when it's all said and done though coach love will be successful as a head coach. This is still a learning experience for him as much as it is the new players. But the man can flat coach. The improvements the defense has made since the raceland and NCC games show that much.
County Rival and backup qb. If he doesnt throw a pick on the first drive of the third quarter I believe we score. We had gained over 20 yards on the ground maybe shouldnt have thrown it who knows. That would have made it 21-0 and the game would have played out differently. However those things are real and they did happen. Out of curiosity, how many points should Ashland have scored and what are you basing your number on?
washed up Wrote:County Rival and backup qb. If he doesnt throw a pick on the first drive of the third quarter I believe we score. We had gained over 20 yards on the ground maybe shouldnt have thrown it who knows. That would have made it 21-0 and the game would have played out differently. However those things are real and they did happen. Out of curiosity, how many points should Ashland have scored and what are you basing your number on?

Baker by himself should've had 3tds if the other guys show up it shoulda been 35 or 40 with the JV in the game in the 4th