Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What has happen to Lawrence County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where is the team's of old?...Why is it we cant move the ball? all in all i do have to say that great job to the dawgs 14-6 goining into the half. but fell apart after that.
WEll to start with we were playing with out some of our starters and we got a few other banged up tonight. What most people dont realize is how young this team is. At one point tonight we had almost all underclassmen on the field including about 2 or there freshman. They are getting better, The D has improved a great deal, The score from toights games doesnt indicate how hard the game was played and really how well they did, also belfry has a great team, They were just bigger than us tonight and it wore on us late in the game.
alot of the guys were coming out with leg craps ......do you think we are just not in shape to play our starters the whole game?....
I thought the only player out was Mark Fitzpatrick.
Know they are in shape just didnt get fluids in them today.
CMON,
You lost to Belfry,CG,Sheldon Clark, 3 good football teams.
Playing people like this even if you lose, Will only make you better and get you ready for district play. You played some good comp. early.
I had to leave early but to be cramping up in the 3rd game of the season when it was only in the 60's make you wonder about conditioning. I did notice alot of improvement from the past two weeks.

We need to be honest with ourselves and stop making excuses we have played some good teams and I think we'll get better but we just don't have the numbers or experience and we need to just keep trying to get better each week and hopefully make the playoffs but also realize that this team might not win a game. If this does happen I just hope we can keep everyone together because they have potential to be really good next year.

I'm not throwing in the towel on this year like I said I can really see improvement and I think we'll make the playoffs.
CatDawg Wrote:I had to leave early but to be cramping up in the 3rd game of the season when it was only in the 60's make you wonder about conditioning. I did notice alot of improvement from the past two weeks.

We need to be honest with ourselves and stop making excuses we have played some good teams and I think we'll get better but we just don't have the numbers or experience and we need to just keep trying to get better each week and hopefully make the playoffs but also realize that this team might not win a game. If this does happen I just hope we can keep everyone together because they have potential to be really good next year.

I'm not throwing in the towel on this year like I said I can really see improvement and I think we'll make the playoffs.
yell to early to throw in the towel...even though the rest of the season doent get any easier hopefully we will get back on track and learn from the pass 3 weeks
But from the scores so far this season if we don't get the game next week that might be are only shot.
If you just look at the first half, LC played great. TBH if it weren't for the late, long TD by Dustin then a 21-6 game against Belfry is nothing to be ashamed of.

And if the road to Russell didn't go through Belfry, I'd pick SC to be in the AA championship. TBH it won't surprise me to see SC in the AA championship, they just aren't my pick 8 P

I dunno who CG is. /ponder
lc has played 3 really good football teams
they have played some pretty good competition...they'll get back to there winning ways in no time
What has happen to Lawrence County?

1. Nathaniel Dials - transfer to JCHS
2. Cory Humphreys - transfer to PHS

Huge losses for LC. LC will be fine though. They are too rich in tradition to roll over and die like some people are trying to suggest. I believe they have played good competition so far, and that will only help come district games. Just hang in there and your team will rebound!
yea they should be a tough team to beat later on in the seeison and next year
jchsrulz Wrote:What has happen to Lawrence County?

1. Nathaniel Dials - transfer to JCHS
2. Cory Humphreys - transfer to PHS

Huge losses for LC. LC will be fine though. They are too rich in tradition to roll over and die like some people are trying to suggest. I believe they have played good competition so far, and that will only help come district games. Just hang in there and your team will rebound!

I'll agree losing the Dials kid hurt some. Not so sure on the other one. From what I saw last year he had fumbilitis.
true
Anyone who has seen the Dials kid play this yr. knows that LC lost a great player. Dials in the first 3 games for JCHS has 6 1/2 sacks and 13 tackles for loss. He is a beast. The other one they lost I haven't seen much of but from what I seen last yr. he is a good player.
I support the Dawgs and their coaches. I sat through the whole game last night. The defense made some HUGE plays. I'm gonna go ahead and throw out what's been thrown around so much. THEY NEED A MORE BALANCED OFFENSE!!!!!!! You can't be down 21-6 in the third quarter and still be trying to pound the ball on the ground. Might have been the way it worked in the early 90's but that stuff doesn't fly now. When they do pass they try to go for the deep ball. They need to run more short routes, slants, posts, ins, outs, etc. Throw in some draw plays and still run the ball somewhat but BALANCE it out. Goldsmith has a decent arm, he's a little nervous still, but he will get better. You have to put the faith in your quarterback to make the throws. The recievers catch the balls when they get there so why not pass more.
I am glad to see the support on this thred for LC . In stead of bashing the coaches I also think we saw a prttey good team tonight and are youth did show but I think we played them pretty good .Late in the game when we was just down by 2 scores and we got the ball back I felt that the momentom was about to change for us but when are Offence went out on the field we had over half are line out with cramps or injuries and we had to call a time out. What some might not know is that at the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th I think the Carter kid and the Patrick kid was out and thats the hole right side of the line Carter was out with cramps and the Patrick kid might have broken his foot . Lets just hope not lets hope every body gets healthy and keep growing because I think we are going to be ok . No I know we will be ok because I can already see from this thred that people are starting to get behind these kids and thats what it's going to take more than anything else.
I think that LC has alot of small problems that are combining into one larger problem. I really dont think that it is Coach Goldsmith, i mean this man ran the LC program very well and was very successful in his first go around. Maybe LC just doesnt have the talent that they used to. I mean this program has produced players like Dontae Wright, Mike West, Gerald Parker, Jarred Hosteter, Phil Ratliff, etc. Also when LC was having so much of its success werent they a 2A school. I can only remember LC having one solid year in class 3A and that was back in 2001 but someone can correct me if im wrong. Things definately dont look good for the Bulldogs and i hope that they can get this thing in order.
I can't remember the years but they've gone deep in both 2 and 3A.
97 team was in AA
99 team was in AAA.
Correct but they went deep in the playoffs more than one year in AAA.
2002 LC was AAA and got beat out by Bell Co. 8-0.
TheEagle Wrote:I support the Dawgs and their coaches. I sat through the whole game last night. The defense made some HUGE plays. I'm gonna go ahead and throw out what's been thrown around so much. THEY NEED A MORE BALANCED OFFENSE!!!!!!! You can't be down 21-6 in the third quarter and still be trying to pound the ball on the ground. Might have been the way it worked in the early 90's but that stuff doesn't fly now. When they do pass they try to go for the deep ball. They need to run more short routes, slants, posts, ins, outs, etc. Throw in some draw plays and still run the ball somewhat but BALANCE it out. Goldsmith has a decent arm, he's a little nervous still, but he will get better. You have to put the faith in your quarterback to make the throws. The recievers catch the balls when they get there so why not pass more.

Good point!!!!!
Lack of talent is the main reason and fewer players makes us a team where a couple injuries really handicappes us.When we used to get someone hurt the backup might be better.Remember when the transfer from Pike County went down and who did we respond with MICHAEL WEST.Coaches on any level can always do better but I just dont see that as a problem.Football is a game where emotion can make an average player good.This team could still do some good things but it will come from having very strong intestinal fortitude.Its time for some players to step up, especially the seniors.They have had minimal success and these are good kids so come on seniors lay it all out on the line and make us proud even if we lose but you give a maximum effort.That makes you winners to me regardless of your record.TongueirateSho