Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Greenup County 10/11/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Johnson Central (6-0) plays @ Greenup County (2-4) on 10/11/13 in a district matchup.

Greenup County hasn't beat JC in the Matney era (2004-Present)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here....... And in case anybody is wondering, NO, I'm not psychic....

But my guess would be.....
JC is gonna run the ball and the Pack-Man is gonna kick some field goals.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb here....... And in case anybody is wondering, NO, I'm not psychic....

But my guess would be.....
JC is gonna run the ball and the Pack-Man is gonna kick some field goals.

I'm going to go even further out on a limb and say that they both will do it well.
I would have to say another high output performance on the way
I also will say this is a run away because most of the starting defense and offense for Greenup is now freshman. They lost most of there starters to injury.
I hope the clock start running at 7.00pm during warm up instead of 7.30pm :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
Hope I'm wrong...but I see a running clock in this one.
4 100 yard rushers or maybe 5 and a long pack fg in this on..
one.. Sorrry!
JC by a bunch.
When I think of Greenup County football....

I can hear their P.A. announcer saying....... "First Down, Greenup County!"
Pulp Fiction Wrote:When I think of Greenup County football....

I can hear their P.A. announcer saying....... "First Down, Greenup County!"

Thinking of it is about the only way you'll hear it. GC will get some first downs, so at least you have something to look forward to
runnin clock by mid 2nd quarter. JC names score.
Here is an idea. This game is total miss match and would be great time to do nothing but throw the ball. JC could go back to the run at any time if needed. The only thing good about weak district games is it does give you a chance to work on areas that need work or test new plays, defenses, players, ect.
I say Belcher puts up 3 td by 2nd quarter and matney pulls his starters ASAP to prevent injuries
Yes. I'd say the best idea for a game like this is just to put it away as early as you can and pull people so nobody gets hurt, plus get the young guys some reps in live game action to get them ready. That's how you create depth, give young guys experience early. That's part of why Highlands always has depth, because their JV players play the second half of every game, so by the time the season ends they have about as many snaps as the starters under their belts.

As far as coming out passing, I feel like we would get more of a challenge throwing passes in practice against our own DBs than Greenup County's.

No disrespect to Greenup, but they're in a down cycle. Been there, know the feeling. Like most programs in EKY, they're just a good coaching hire from returning to relevance. But the administration has to make the play and back the play once they make it (i.e. committing to facility improvements, standardizing and supporting the feeder programs). Johnson Central serves as an example: you CAN take a school that has been traditionally somewhere between terrible and mediocre at football for decades and turn it into a consistent winner with the right leadership. But it takes a top-down, system-wide commitment.
sstack Wrote:Here is an idea. This game is total miss match and would be great time to do nothing but throw the ball. JC could go back to the run at any time if needed. The only thing good about weak district games is it does give you a chance to work on areas that need work or test new plays, defenses, players, ect.
If it is such a great idea, then why does Highlands never run the ball every play when they play an over matched team like, say, Harrison County? Nine TD passes in a 77-0 win (I think that the D scored the other TD)? Really? Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If it is such a great idea, then why does Highlands never run the ball every play when they play an over matched team like, say, Harrison County? Nine TD passes in a 77-0 win (I think that the D scored the other TD)? Really? Confusednicker:

They do! They have games where it will be nothing but run and games where it is nothing but pass. What ever he feels they need to work on is what they play calling will be in a game that is a total mismatch. You need to practice both to be good at both.
sstack Wrote:They do! They have games where it will be nothing but run and games where it is nothing but pass. What ever he feels they need to work on is what they play calling will be in a game that is a total mismatch. You need to practice both to be good at both.
There is no excuse for having 2 yards rushing in a 77-0 win. None. Nobody is going to believe that Highlands' passing offense was any better after a 77-0 win and 9 touchdown passes against a badly out-manned defense than it was before the game. All it did was add to Coach Mueller's reputation for poor sportsmanship, IMO.
Very long rushes, several guys with well over 100 yds rushing, lots of points and long field goals....now on to Greenup Counties friday night...not as many rushing yards, not as many points...no long field goals.

Though JC will win this game, probably with a running clock, it will give us an idea how good JC's run defense is. Greenup isnt a great team, but they have vastly improved and their run game can be explosive at times. Score:

JC 56
GC 18
JC's run defense has always been solid because they rarely see a better rushing team that they see in practice. With fewer players going both ways, this should be one of JC's strong suits come playoff time. Unless GC has an effective passing game, I doubt that they will do much damage on the ground - at least not against JC's first team defense.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no excuse for having 2 yards rushing in a 77-0 win. None. Nobody is going to believe that Highlands' passing offense was any better after a 77-0 win and 9 touchdown passes against a badly out-manned defense than it was before the game. All it did was add to Coach Mueller's reputation for poor sportsmanship, IMO.

It was the 2nd string QB's first time all year to get playing time at that position, so I am sure it helped him.
sstack Wrote:It was the 2nd string QB's first time all year to get playing time at that position, so I am sure it helped him.
deleted - off topic.
[quote=Sports dad]I also will say this is a run away because most of the starting defense and offense for Greenup is now freshman. They lost most of there starters to injury.

JC should have be able to play a lot of boys.
If any BGR members are gonna be there..... I'll be the skinny guy with the lazy eye on JC's side, lol.

Send me a PM and we'll work something out about meeting up. I enjoy meeting fellow BGR members.
Bump.
JC is too much for Greenup.
Johnson Central in another blow out . My name is Felix Gray from Mud Creek . Toughest team on JC schedule is Belfry . Like I said before JC has to get through the Northern Kentucky teams before they get to Bowling Green .
podunker Wrote:Johnson Central in another blow out . My name is Felix Gray from Mud Creek . Toughest team on JC schedule is Belfry . Like I said before JC has to get through the Northern Kentucky teams before they get to Bowling Green .

:lame: :biglmao: :dudecomeon:

Are the playoffs still coming.....?
Yea you soft wimp. Yea the playoffs are coming .Quit living a dream about JC football .
Pages: 1 2