Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 51 - Sheldon Clark 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ugly game...we are no way near ready for Belfry!!!
I was at the game tonight and I want to start by saying that this was the worst game i've been to in years. You know it is a bad night when the most cheering the fans do is when the refs throw a flag on a coach. I said in the LC-v-SC prediction thread that I was worried about this game and I think I was spot on. This was the worst this team has played all year. Not one of the players even acted like they were even excited about this game IMO. If we play next friday like we did tonight we will lose to Pike Central!!!
We played with absolutely no heart tonight. I hope it was just the fall break that had the team playing so flat. I think a good week of hard hitting, mind focusing football will snap us back into reality that the season is far from over and wins do not come free. We had only 14 plays ran in the first half with the score 21-14 at the half mark. We should had this game put away 35-0 at the half but was no way near that. Congrats to SC for playing great, they most certainly came ready to play.
I listen to the game and it sounded like LC was working on some stuff. It sounded like they was trying to pass more then normal and a couple of other things. But not taking anything away from the Cards they showed up and was ready to play as we all knew they would. These two team have a lot of history between them. But IMO the combination of the big game last week along with SC having a really down year and maybe looking a head at pike central and the emotion of senior night along with the LC coaching staff knowing that PC would be at the game scouting all might have played a part of the lack of intencity. But the score was 51 to 20 I will take that anytime. I think that LC will have to play there best game of the year next week to get by Pike Central I listen to thier game and they had fairview beat and gave it away at the end. PC sounded like they have a really good team. I hope LC can take care of business and create a District championship match up with Belfry. If that happens I’ll make the 4 hour trip back to eastern KY and watch that game. Good luck and Go Dawgs
Dawg Family I said last week that I was afraid that we could come out flat in this game but it was worse then I expected. I don't know how this game sounded like on the radio but it was awful to see. The team was never excited and when the team came out after the half the kids didn't even want to line up for warmups and coach Short had to get all over em so I don't know what was up with that. The head man in charge seemed to be beside himself and I would say it will be an interesting week of practice. The Cards played a good game and if they coach a little more and argue with the officials a little less and stick with the things that were working then they win this game.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Dawg Family I said last week that I was afraid that we could come out flat in this game but it was worse then I expected. I don't know how this game sounded like on the radio but it was awful to see. The team was never excited and when the team came out after the half the kids didn't even want to line up for warmups and coach Short had to get all over em so I don't know what was up with that. The head man in charge seemed to be beside himself and I would say it will be an interesting week of practice. The Cards played a good game and if they coach a little more and argue with the officials a little less and stick with the things that were working then they win this game.
Wow that sounds bad. As you know the radio is just what it is and the guy's that call the LC games isn't going to make them sound bad. But I under stand that but it didn't sound bad it just sounded like we was flat. Your right it will be a interesting week in Louisa. I hope these guys know what their up against . But I believe in this coaching staff and I'm looking for the Dawgs to come out and try to make a statement. Pike Central has a very good team maybe he best they have seen this year. Lke I said they had Fairview beat and lost it at the end. But thats why I love high school football
lpd826 Wrote:Ugly game...we are no way near ready for Belfry!!!
I agree and I will add we are not ready for Pike Central. The defense is getting worse. One thing I have noticed is the coaching staff seems to get bigger every week. I saw five different coaches chewing on a defensive player about a blown coverage. This teachable moment becomes mass confusion for the player.
Getting out of normal routine because of fall break had a lot to do with it. These kids stay up till 3 or 4 in the morning playing x box and then sleep till noon. However on gameday they decided to fix breakfast which caused the players to have to get up early. They should always stick to the same routine that made them successful. Hopefully a back to normal routine will line them out and they will be fired up for pcc.
PC Continues to roll
LC excuse me
I broadcasted the game last night and it was one of those games that was tough to call because the lack of intensity. We talked about that several times, an SC came out and played hard. When the assistant coach went down from the press box and chewed the kids out, it lit a fire and lc turned it up after that. Kids were off school all week and senior night on top of that. Proud of the bulldogs for playing hard and finishing the game.
Lawrence County will get back to work on Monday and they will be prepared for Friday night. I expect to see the bulldogs prepared for Pike Central. This one will decide a home playoff game
Good grief. You are 6-1. Your team is the 2nd leading scoring team in all of 3A. You just beat a rival school by 31 points while dropping 50 points on them and I don't care if this isn't the Sheldon Clark of old or not.

Your school has ZERO state championships along with ZERO state finals appearances. Quit acting like Louisa, KY is the holy grail of football and the birthplace of Bear Bryant.

They are 15, 16, 17 year old kids; and just like we all have BAD, yet productive days at our jobs, they do the same.

I'm all for having high expectations, but jeez o' pete; quit acting like you set the standard for football greatness, take your "ugly" district win, have the intelligence enough to know that it was Fall Break & know that EVERY single football coach across the state hates it due to this very reason.

Congrats to the players and coaches at LC on a big district win. Keep getting better!
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I broadcasted the game last night and it was one of those games that was tough to call because the lack of intensity. We talked about that several times, an SC came out and played hard. When the assistant coach went down from the press box and chewed the kids out, it lit a fire and lc turned it up after that. Kids were off school all week and senior night on top of that. Proud of the bulldogs for playing hard and finishing the game.
Lcgrad2002 I really appreciate the radio broadcast I listen to it on the internet "EXCITE" I had to leave eastern KY and move to south east IN. for work, We have a lot of very good football up here I'm just across the river from Northern KY and right next to Cincinnati OH. But I still miss Friday nights in Louisa so the radio station allows me to follow my family. I've got to see the dawgs when they played Fairview and I drove down to Morehead when they played Rowan Co. So keep up the good work and make sure all the sponsors know that people are listening to the broad cast every Friday night. :notworthy
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Good grief. You are 6-1. Your team is the 2nd leading scoring team in all of 3A. You just beat a rival school by 31 points while dropping 50 points on them and I don't care if this isn't the Sheldon Clark of old or not.

Your school has ZERO state championships along with ZERO state finals appearances. Quit acting like Louisa, KY is the holy grail of football and the birthplace of Bear Bryant.

They are 15, 16, 17 year old kids; and just like we all have BAD, yet productive days at our jobs, they do the same.

I'm all for having high expectations, but jeez o' pete; quit acting like you set the standard for football greatness, take your "ugly" district win, have the intelligence enough to know that it was Fall Break & know that EVERY single football coach across the state hates it due to this very reason.

Congrats to the players and coaches at LC on a big district win. Keep getting better!

And who the heck are you? Are you even a fan of Lawrence County?
No one said that Louisa Kentucky is the holy grail of anything and we know we have never won a championship. I know I have said this to some of you goofy people about 1000 times but here we go again. This is a free site to talk about all things sports. All we are doing is talking about how the game went and how the team looked. No one is panicking or acting like the world is about to end. Were you even at the game because if you ask any person who was they would say it was ugly. I am about sick of all the holier than thou moral police who just want to come in randomly and tell us all what is wrong with us and how we should act and what we should say on a thread. Long story short" I will say anything I want to say about anything I want to say it about and if you or people like you don't like it then don't read it.

:thanks::welcome::Shaking::popcorn::Thumbs:
Thanks dawg family I appreciate you tuning in. That's pretty awesome to be away from here and be able to enjoy the game still. Sponsors are always appreciated for sure lol. People need to realize this was a big game for sc and they came out with something to prove, and lc came out flat and just expected to win. It was 51-20 final and let's leave it at that. Enjoy the win, and stay humble and keep improving
One last thing that I would like to add about this game is that I would love to know what was wrong with the refs in this game. I think the unsportsmanlike conduct call on the kid #3 for Sheldon Clark on the TD was straight up garbage. I have no problem with a kid or kids celebrating a TD as long as they don't get offensive with it or taunting. Sheldon Clark is down bad and they need something to get excited about IMO. I still don't understand how a referee can be looking right at a kid and see him catch a ball for an interception and call the play dead. Is it just me or are the refs in this state getting worse every year. I know some of you on this site are probably referees and I don't want to make any of you mad and I know that some of you do the best that you can but I think that as a whole the referees in this state are just bad. I know a person who was on the sideline with a camera friday night who has been a referee in the past himself that was upset with the referees in this game. I have seen a lot of calls made on plays this year that were for and against us that were just horrible IMO.
the refs made several calls in the game there were alot of penalties. the thing that gets me about the officiating is how inconsistent they are on holding penalties. but when a defender or anyone for that matter has the ball in the endzone and it doesnt result in a touchdown the play is dead thats the rule you cant return an int out of the endzone.
IntheZone Wrote:the refs made several calls in the game there were alot of penalties. the thing that gets me about the officiating is how inconsistent they are on holding penalties. but when a defender or anyone for that matter has the ball in the endzone and it doesnt result in a touchdown the play is dead thats the rule you cant return an int out of the endzone.

"My bad", I never even realized that he caught it in the endzone.
Good game Dawgs. Keep your heads up Sheldon Clark. A lot of season left to be played.